Opera Box Sets

Started by Bogey, March 08, 2009, 05:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fritz Kobus

Alternately, if you like the Janowski Ring, this is an interesting set.

knight66

I have this set, I got it very cheaply. The oddity is that thee is no Tristan, just some extracts in mono, great voices, but odd in the context of all the surrounding modern recordings. The Ring recording was better than I expected, I am not a fan of that conductor. He does not sweep me away or make my pulse race, but it is certainly not boring. Very good sound and Really strong casts.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Fritz Kobus

Quote from: knight66 on April 20, 2021, 12:46:42 PM
I have this set, I got it very cheaply. The oddity is that thee is no Tristan, just some extracts in mono, great voices, but odd in the context of all the surrounding modern recordings. The Ring recording was better than I expected, I am not a fan of that conductor. He does not sweep me away or make my pulse race, but it is certainly not boring. Very good sound and Really strong casts.

Mike

It is a box set for the Wagner fan who has to have everything or for one who wants that particular Janowski Ring (there are two).  I bought it because I found a decent price and figured why not.  Rarely listen to it, but looks impressive on the shelf. ;D