The Formula One Thread

Started by mahler10th, March 10, 2009, 06:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahler10th

Bad news for Kubica and his fan (me, lol).   :'(
Senna in a Renault - now we might get a chance to see if  he can match his past achievements in F1 feeders...

mahler10th

Just to remind everyone, especially those who don't like F1 but clicked on this to see what was happening, that the F1 Race season starts in less than a month.   :P
It seems year-in-year-out we always say "it will be better this year because of the off season changes" - sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.  The 2008 season wasn't much changed.  The 2009 season WAS much changed, but the season wasn't all THAT spectacular.  The 2010 season saw some pretty drastic changes, and we DID get a season which was pretty exciting.  I can only say that the MASSIVE AMOUNT changes this year, including strong indications from the new Pirelli tyres, that this season will most definitely be one of the closest race seasons since Piquet, Senna and Prost were at it.  The coming season looks like one of the most competitive for years...
In the absence of my favourite driver, Kubicka, I am now looking out for newboy with Force India, Paul di Resta.  I mean it.  This guy is going to make a few of the Richer F1 heads turn, and tho' 'tis bold of me to assert, he will probably end up in the top 4 drivers at the end of the Season...that's putting my neck on the block...

di Resta in action:

Lethevich

Given how the past few seasons have demonstrated that reliability wins championships, McLaren isn't looking too clever right now ???
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Henk

This is no sports forum. Can this thread be deleted?

I understand that people who have no facebook want to have some fun, but not here.

Henk

sospiro

Bahrain GP is looking uncertain. It attracts so few fans anyway.
Annie

sospiro

Quote from: Henk on February 20, 2011, 12:47:55 PM

I understand that people who have no facebook want to have some fun, but not here.

Henk

I'm a Ferrari fan & went to Milan in September for the GP.  I'm also an opera fan so while I was there I visited Verdi's home for retired musicians, La Scala (sadly only for a look round), Donizetti museum in Bergamo where he was born and Mantua where the week before they'd done the 'opera film' Rigoletto.

Being obsessed with both Ferrari & opera is considered quite normal in Italy so I don't think this thread is out of place at all.

Annie

Henk

Quote from: sospiro on February 20, 2011, 12:56:50 PM
I'm a Ferrari fan & went to Milan in September for the GP.  I'm also an opera fan so while I was there I visited Verdi's home for retired musicians, La Scala (sadly only for a look round), Donizetti museum in Bergamo where he was born and Mantua where the week before they'd done the 'opera film' Rigoletto.

Being obsessed with both Ferrari & opera is considered quite normal in Italy so I don't think this thread is out of place at all.

Well as long it's not about sports and commerce.

Henk

mahler10th

Quote from: Henk on February 20, 2011, 01:02:27 PM
Well as long it's not about sports and commerce.
Henk

This is The Diner.  By its very nature we can talk about anything within the parameters of common decency in here.  It belongs here alright.   :)
And why do you not like people having fun, you miserable git?  ???

Henk

Quote from: John of Glasgow on February 20, 2011, 01:56:31 PM
This is The Diner.  By its very nature we can talk about anything within the parameters of common decency in here.  It belongs here alright.   :)
And why do you not like people having fun, you miserable git?  ???

It´s about wealth and health here, in a playful manner however, but NOT fun >:(, go elsewhere.

Henk

mahler10th

Wealth and Health?
What are you on about?
???   :o

sospiro

Annie

mahler10th

Quote from: sospiro on February 21, 2011, 09:33:47 AM
One of the greatest ever overtaking moves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1WuWu8kGak&feature=player_embedded

Fabulous.  I remember jumping out of my chair when I saw that.  At that time, I was a Hakkinen supporter, and nothing was sweeter than seeing him kick Schumaker right in the exhaust pipes.
Thanks for the reminder.   ;D

Opus106

Eau Rouge makes me weak in my knees, every time one of those cars takes it on at full speed. Beyond the quasi-adrenaline-rush that takes place while watching it on TV, there is something so beautiful I find in that corner.
Regards,
Navneeth

mahler10th

Quote from: Opus106 on February 21, 2011, 09:45:38 AM
Eau Rouge makes me weak in my knees, every time one of those cars takes it on at full speed. Beyond the quasi-adrenaline-rush that takes place while watching it on TV, there is something so beautiful I find in that corner.

Yes Navneeth, one of the most famous track sections in F1.  At the top of it you're taking a blind corner @ 300km ph. 

Here is a funny video from 2009 in which Hitler discusses Alonso joining Ferrari!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTfMFgD4ntI&feature=related

Bulldog

Quote from: Henk on February 20, 2011, 12:47:55 PM

Goodness, stop being a jerk.  Although the subject doesn't float my boat, it certainly is appropriate for the Diner.

The pertinenet question is why you can't see it.  What's wrong with you?

sospiro

Quote from: Opus106 on February 21, 2011, 09:45:38 AM

Spa is amazing - have you been?

These are from 2009.

Pitlane visit

Eau Rouge!  .................. view from my grandstand

Annie

Opus106

Quote from: sospiro on February 21, 2011, 10:32:28 AM

Nope. :(

These are from 2009.

Pitlane visit

The view from the elevation is amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Navneeth

mahler10th

Quote from: sospiro on February 21, 2011, 10:32:28 AM
These are from 2009.

Pitlane visit

Annie.  Can we get married?   :o

mahler10th

Quote from: Bulldog on February 21, 2011, 10:25:10 AM
Goodness, stop being a jerk.  Although the subject doesn't float my boat, it certainly is appropriate for the Diner.
The pertinenet question is why you can't see it.  What's wrong with you?

Yes.  It is unusual for Henk to be like this.  Come back the Henk we know!   :(

sospiro

Quote from: John of Glasgow on February 21, 2011, 10:45:32 AM
Annie.  Can we get married?   :o

I am honoured kind sir, are you rich?
Annie