The Formula One Thread

Started by mahler10th, March 10, 2009, 06:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opus106

Quote from: Scots John on September 22, 2012, 09:41:49 AM
That demon driver Maldonado sneaks into second place on the grid.  Maybe it's because he's so fast that he keeps crashing into everybody.   :P

Regards,
Navneeth

Opus106

Hamilton replaces Schumi. Perez takes Hamilton's place.

Schumi pushes out Massa? Hm...
Regards,
Navneeth

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: Opus106 on September 28, 2012, 12:42:26 AM

I wouldn't certainly be annoyed by that.....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

mahler10th

Quote from: Opus106 on September 28, 2012, 12:42:26 AM
Perez takes Hamilton's place.

They could have got Di Resta for the seat, and I wish they had.  But the minxy Mexican is going to turn a few heads in the McLaren, that's for sure.  Good luck to him.  Maybe Di Resta can push out Massa instead.  Then Alonso would really have a job on his hands.

springrite

What a fantastic final race!!!

Great way to finish the season. If I had to give the Driver of the Year award, it had to be Alonso, who had less than ideal car at his disposal but somehow almost won the championship. Runner-up would be Kimi who finished out of the points only once, again in a less than ideal machine. Of course, quote of the year:"Leave me alone, I know that I'm doing!" is something I will be hearing more and more from MY KIMI at home.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

springrite

AnthonyAthletic

So the BBC cover Formula One for donkey's years in the UK.

Last year Sky TV cover all races, the BBC having around half.

Don't know what's happening this year but it looks like Sky TV are charging £5 per race!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disgraceful...if we don't pay enough for our TV, full monthly subscription covering everything and now, er, sorry but it looks like you will have to pay £5 a race.

Does this happen in all your beautiful countries....or are we just the unlucky ones in the UK??

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

springrite

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on March 13, 2013, 08:28:27 AM

Don't know what's happening this year but it looks like Sky TV are charging £5 per race!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disgraceful...if we don't pay enough for our TV, full monthly subscription covering everything and now, er, sorry but it looks like you will have to pay £5 a race.

Does this happen in all your beautiful countries....or are we just the unlucky ones in the UK??

There is no pay-per-view in China now.

They tried it with EPL about 6 years ago. The company that out-bid the State TV and won the rights almost went broke as they had only 2,000 subscribers from a country of 1.3 billion. That's a grand total of about $200,000 for the year. I think the contract costs about, what, 50 million?

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

Papy Oli

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on March 13, 2013, 08:28:27 AM

Hey Tony,

BBC is still only covering 9 races Live for the 2013 season, all the rest are highlights only again. Full details here :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21682493
Olivier

Papy Oli

The F1 has been on a "standard" channel in France for years as well and is moving to a crypted chargeable channel this year... not just us, well England I mean....  ;D
Olivier

Bogey

Anyone catch the Monaco Gran Prix that just finished up?  Caught the entire race tonight on a replay.  Always fun to watch and neat to see Mercedes get back on the podium with a historic finish.

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Marc

Old and grey (yet legendary) Plácido Domingo just interviewed the youngest ever Formula One winner in history: Max Verstappen. Verstappen, the 18-year old son of 'Jos the Boss', is also the first Dutchman to win a Grand Prix in F1.

:)

j winter

Bump :)

There aren't too many F1 fans in the US, but I am definitely one -- I've been watching for about 5 years, and have even managed to get my wife into the sport.

Any current F1 fans here?  If so, what do you think of the state of things, now that Bernie's no longer in charge?
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

springrite

The emergence of Leclerc is making things rather exciting. I am tired of Hamilton and never that excited about Vettel.

Kimi Raikkonen is still amazing, even on a below average car.

j winter

Yes, I'l be curious to see how Leclerc and Vettel get along for the rest of the year.  Vettel is frustrating to watch these days... hard to say if the Ferrari just doesn't suit him, or if he's just lost his touch.  It's hard to picture him sticking around in a supporting role, as Kimi did for him.

I have nothing against Hamilton or Mercedes really, but honestly they've had a huge lead in the championship for the entire time I've been watching the sport... would be nice to see someone else for a change.

Pity about Hulkenberg... doesn't look like he'll get a seat for next year at this rate.  One suspects he might have been really good, had he ever made it to a top car. 
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice