Recordings That You Are Considering

Started by George, April 06, 2007, 05:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Quote from: SonicMan46 on January 23, 2023, 08:19:33 AMThanks Brian - I also have a number of these 'double jewel boxes' that can hold 4 to 6 discs (the Brautigam Mozart KB sonatas has six) - the 5 or 6 disc containers will have the flip-out on the front and back outsides.  Yep, Distler in link given, several websites, and the number I own all point to 5; several of these discs are 52 & 56 minutes so I guess MDG could have put the recordings on 4 discs but usually the originals are just boxed up.  Dave
One of the shortcomings of Hurwitz's new YouTube reviews approach is a spottier approach to fact-checking. Since he is speaking extemporaneously from memory, mistakes or even simple verbal slips are likelier to happen. I watched one a couple weeks ago where he said "pianist" instead of "violinist" about five times.

Todd

Quote from: Brian on January 23, 2023, 09:39:37 AMI watched one a couple weeks ago where he said "pianist" instead of "violinist" about five times.

That means he is three times more accurate than the typical YouTuber.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

betterthanfine

Quote from: Brian on January 23, 2023, 07:52:50 AMIt's like a hybrid of the old double jewel boxes with the new slim 2CD jewel cases used by labels like Hyperion.
I have CDs with cases like that from the early 2000s... Can we really call anything that has been around for over 20 years 'new'? ;)