The Music Room > Great Recordings and Reviews

New Releases

<< < (3/2573) > >>

Bulldog:

--- Quote from: DFO on March 29, 2009, 08:21:43 AM ---Try to get the original Melodiya set by the old 70s.Taneyev quartet.
It's extraordinary. I know has been published on CD. I've it all of them copied from vinyls.

--- End quote ---

I agree and got my recordings from Northern Flowers.

Brian:

--- Quote from: ChamberNut on March 13, 2009, 04:10:32 AM ---Taneyev

Volume II of Carpe Dieme Quartet's recording of the string quartets on Naxos.

I'm emailing them today!  :)

--- End quote ---
Hear any word?

Here are a couple new Naxos albums I'm really looking forward to:

   

   

Also coming out: a live recording of the world premiere performance of Martinu's Three Fragments from the Opera Juliette, a premiere entrusted - lucky for us! - to Sir Charles Mackerras and the Czech Philharmonic:



And although the performance and sound on BBC Legends is often spotty, I am intrigued by the repertoire on this new album:



Reznicek's Donna Diana overture, Tchaikovsky's Third Symphony, and Elgar's Enigma Variations, recorded in 1962 and 1967

And for Andreas Staier fans:



I also see that the 11-CD Rubinstein Chopin box which has long been on Amazon for $20-$30 is being reissued, at full price, with one of the original CDs gone!

Opus106:

--- Quote from: Brian on April 28, 2009, 10:42:15 AM ---I also see that the 11-CD Rubinstein Chopin box which has long been on Amazon for $20-$30 is being reissued, at full price, with one of the original CDs gone!

--- End quote ---

Must be the last one which contains mono recordings from '46. The preludes, sonata no. 2, and some other stuff. In fact, I was just listening to that particular CD this afternoon and realised after a minute into it that I need a good, "modern" (even 60's would be fine) recording with the preludes. I just can't take the crackles and pops.

George:

--- Quote from: opus67 on April 28, 2009, 10:55:15 AM ---I was just listening to that particular CD this afternoon and realised after a minute into it that I need a good, "modern" (even 60's would be fine) recording with the preludes. I just can't take the crackles and pops.

--- End quote ---

Plenty of great choices available: Argerich (for white hot intensity), Pogorelich (for a more poetic, more individual), Moravec (for a poetic, more middle of the road approach.)

Opus106:

--- Quote from: George on April 28, 2009, 11:01:18 AM ---Plenty of great choices available: Argerich (for white hot intensity), Pogorelich (for a more poetic, more individual), Moravec (for a poetic, more middle of the road approach.)

--- End quote ---

Thanks, George. I'll have them in mind when I go shopping. :)


Update: It's the concerto disc that has been culled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version