The Music Room > Great Recordings and Reviews

New Releases

<< < (2506/2573) > >>

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Brian on October 23, 2021, 07:05:18 AM ---How the heck is a John Williams Boston Pops box coming out before an Arthur Fiedler Boston Pops box?

--- End quote ---

Maybe because John Williams sells?

DaveF:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on October 23, 2021, 06:46:16 AM ---Upcoming:

Looks like a great program, but why does every album that is released now have to have some kind of stupid title? What can't this be titled Bartók/Ligeti/Dutilleux String Quartets? Is that too simplistic? Too generic? It's better than Not All Cats Are Grey. That's for damn sure!

--- End quote ---

3 pieces on the disc, Métamorphoses nocturnes, Ainsi la nuit and Bartók's completely un-nocturnal 2nd quartet.  Hence... but I'm sure you'd worked it out anyway.  God help us :'(

Symphonic Addict:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on October 23, 2021, 07:34:18 AM ---Maybe because John Williams sells?

--- End quote ---

And he does very much.

Artem:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on October 23, 2021, 06:46:16 AM ---Upcoming:
Looks like a great program, but why does every album that is released now have to have some kind of stupid title? What can't this be titled Bartók/Ligeti/Dutilleux String Quartets? Is that too simplistic? Too generic? It's better than Not All Cats Are Grey. That's for damn sure!

--- End quote ---
Maybe there's a hidden bonus track of Ligeti's lost 3rd string quartet titled Not All Cats Are Grey?

amw:
The saying in question ("All cats are grey in the dark") has always bothered me because whoever came up with it has clearly never seen a cat in the dark. You can still pretty easily tell what colour they are. I know it's supposed to be a metaphor, but I've never metaphor that I've liked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version