The Music Room > Great Recordings and Reviews

New Releases

<< < (2609/2764) > >>

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Brian on January 18, 2022, 09:15:02 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Outstanding! An instant purchase for me.

André:
The Santoro symphonies should be right down my alley. Hopefully they will not overlap with the BIS discs.

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: André on January 18, 2022, 12:07:19 PM ---The Santoro symphonies should be right down my alley. Hopefully they will not overlap with the BIS discs.

--- End quote ---

Don't fear, they do not:

--- Quote from: Brian on January 18, 2022, 09:15:02 AM ---The two Santoro symphonies on Naxos do NOT overlap with the two Santoro symphonies previously released on BIS (4 and 9). Naxos says that this begins a complete cycle of all 14 symphonies.

--- End quote ---

Brian:
Obviously, when they complete the full cycle of 14, there will be a bit of overlap - but not a lot! A really enormous amount of unrecorded music, there.

--- Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 18, 2022, 11:00:20 AM ---Brian: there was blood and a single gunshot, but just who shot who?!

--- End quote ---

So that's a buy for you?  ;D ;D

kyjo:

--- Quote from: André on January 18, 2022, 12:07:19 PM ---The Santoro symphonies should be right down my alley. Hopefully they will not overlap with the BIS discs.

--- End quote ---

Oh, yes!! Excellent news! I’ve been waiting for more recordings of his music ever since the BIS recording of Symphonies 4 and 9 years ago!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version