New Releases

Started by Brian, March 12, 2009, 12:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madiel

Quote from: DavidW on July 06, 2022, 05:38:50 PM
I'm happy to hear that Fischer will rerecord the last 24 symphonies.  I feel that was the weak spot in his cycle.

Evidently he shares your sentiment. I think it's a widely held view that the cycle got much better with later recordings.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

DavidW

Quote from: JBS on July 06, 2022, 07:01:29 PM
Fischer is still in print, albeit as part of a much larger set.

Wow I can't believe I forgot it was part of the Haydn Edition.  Did they ever do a part 2?  Unlike the Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, the Haydn edition is hardly complete.

Brian

Spotted Horses

There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Roy Bland

pjme

Not known yet, I fear.
There could be a few surprises and possibly some Dutch composers.

staxomega

Quote from: Mirror Image on July 03, 2022, 07:01:29 AM
Some interesting Stravinsky releases coming out:

Have you heard Jurowski's earlier release with the LPO with Orpheus, Petrushka, and Symphonies for Wind Instruments, if so what did you think?

Mandryka

https://static.qobuz.com/goodies/38/000150283.pdf

QuoteThe self-proclaimed rats of the early music world make a case for Josquin Baston, a Flemish polyphonist who made a career at Danish, Swedish, German and Austrian courts. In addition to instrumental works, motets and chansons, the musicians will perform polyphonic Dutch songs by this unknown master. If you prick up your ears you will immediately understand why the ensemble has recently also devoted a recording to the astonishing Baston.´

https://www.facebook.com/ratasdelviejomundo/posts/the-self-proclaimed-rats-of-the-early-music-world-make-a-case-for-josquin-baston/1157064121735536/
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Mirror Image

Quote from: hvbias on July 08, 2022, 11:28:49 AM
Have you heard Jurowski's earlier release with the LPO with Orpheus, Petrushka, and Symphonies for Wind Instruments, if so what did you think?

Unfortunately, I haven't. I've read some mixed reviews about it, but I should get it since Orpheus has become one of those Stravinsky works that hardly gets recorded, but this could be said of many of his more obscure works.

JBS

Brilliant seems to decided Dussek is good for business

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Operafreak

The true adversary will inspire you with boundless courage.

SonicMan46

Quote from: JBS on July 08, 2022, 07:44:59 PM
Brilliant seems to decided Dussek is good for business

Well, I have the 9 volumes on Brilliant of his KB Sonatas (fortepiano) w/ 9 different performers - will be interesting to see if a V. 2 is released of the above?  Dave :)

Brian

JBS

If I did get that, it will be for the Chevalier, not the Priest.

I don't think I've heard of him before. Anything to suggest his GVs will be of special interest?

Contents? [Neither Amazon nor Presto seem to list it yet.]

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Brian

Europadisc reports the Ansermet complete stereo box has been pushed all the way back to December.

Roy Bland

Symphonic Addict

Never heard of Radu Paladu till now. Thanks, Roy!

Oliver Triendl once again accompaning the piano part.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Bachtoven

Quote from: Florestan on July 12, 2022, 12:38:26 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radu_Paladi

Here's a link to the Piano Concerto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3aXoSuX2Zk

My browser no longer supports flash video, so I don't know how to embed videos these days.