New Releases

Started by Brian, March 12, 2009, 12:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akebergv (+ 1 Hidden) and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Symphonic Addict

Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

milk

Quote from: Que on January 30, 2023, 12:32:30 PMOooohh.. Enrico Baiano is back!  :D
I don't recall this artist but wow on the choices of instruments. I'm listening now!

Symphonic Addict

At last CPO has completed the Raff's string quartet cycle.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Mookalafalas

Apparently this came out a month ago. Didn't see it listed here...

Not on my radar at all.
It's all good...

ritter

Quote from: Mookalafalas on February 07, 2023, 06:16:04 PMApparently this came out a month ago. Didn't see it listed here...

Not on my radar at all.
Seems to have been postponed until mid-May this year.

This set of course would interest me, but the price of US$ 240 for 44 CDs appears steep, relative to similar sets (particularly considering there'd be a helluva duplication in my collection: all the Stravinsky stuff --in multiple incarnations--, the Webern --recently released in the cheap "white" Sony series, etc). Let's see...

Symphonic Addict

Noam Chomsky

Symphonic Addict

Noam Chomsky

Symphonic Addict

Noam Chomsky

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: Mookalafalas on February 07, 2023, 06:16:04 PMApparently this came out a month ago. Didn't see it listed here...

Not on my radar at all.
Quote from: ritter on February 09, 2023, 07:28:14 AMSeems to have been postponed until mid-May this year.

This set of course would interest me, but the price of US$ 240 for 44 CDs appears steep, relative to similar sets (particularly considering there'd be a helluva duplication in my collection: all the Stravinsky stuff --in multiple incarnations--, the Webern --recently released in the cheap "white" Sony series, etc). Let's see...
It would be a great box set for Stravinsky and the Second Viennese School indeed, but the price is disheartening to say the least....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

relm1

Brian

JBS

Quote from: Brian on February 10, 2023, 08:44:20 AMMay release, 33 CDs.

Complete contents:
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/9456615--herbert-blomstedt-the-complete-decca-recordings

The cover art for many of those recordings is a good reason on its own to get the set.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

brewski

Looking forward to this new recording of Georges Aperghis' 14 Récitations (1977-78) for solo voice, with soprano Stephanie Lamprea. Hearing these a few years ago changed my ideas about vocal music.

From the New Focus Recordings website:

Written in 1977–8, George Aperghis' 14 Récitations are among the most challenging masterpieces of contemporary solo vocal writing. The fact that Aperghis originally wrote them for the French comedian and singer Martine Viard offers a clue to their aesthetic. Each Récitation operates in a similar emotional register to a miniature opera, but with a plot that is unknown and a text that at best teeters on the edge of intelligibility (the texts are in French, but cut up into syllables and jumbled, sometimes using homophones borrowed from other languages). Yet their dramatic form – like that of comedy – exists independently of semantic meaning. Like comedy, too, they subvert and demolish stereotypes.

-Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."
—Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998)

Mandryka

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Ras

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BNNPBHW1/ref=dm_rwp_pur_lnd_albm_unrg
J.S. Bach & Arvo Pärt with Arabella Steinbacher, Christoph Koncz and Stuttgarter Kammerorchester - They play Bach's violin concertos and two pieces by Arvo Part: "Mirror in Mirror" and "Fratres".

The viol consort Phantasm has just released an arrangements of various pieces by J.S. Bach.
earlier they recorded the WTC.
https://www.amazon.com/Well-Tempered-Consort-Bach-Dreyfus-Phantasm/dp/B0BQN793D3/ref=sr_1_1?crid=36QSLFO8ZID8Q&keywords=phantasm+bach&qid=1676069432&s=music&sprefix=phantasm+bach%2Cmusic-intl-ship%2C206&sr=1-1
"Music is life and, like it, inextinguishable." - Carl Nielsen

Ras

J.S. Bach: St. John Passion
Lars Ulrik Mortensen conducting on Berlin Classics
- I don't know the release date. Here is the link to German amazon:
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Lars-Ulrik-Mortensen/dp/B0BRLVP252/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3LAR79FG9JF08&keywords=bach+mortensen&qid=1676070102&sprefix=bach+mortensen%2Caps%2C96&sr=8-4

G. Antonini has recorded Bach's first Orchestral Suite with a modern German orchestra on modern instruments:
https://open.spotify.com/album/1pDqAggVl5QHoIpuWJxVBi?si=wKqfpUnNQ2SjJjPU-fbEfA
"Music is life and, like it, inextinguishable." - Carl Nielsen

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on February 09, 2023, 01:01:55 PMIt would be a great box set for Stravinsky and the Second Viennese School indeed, but the price is disheartening to say the least....

If you are not in a hurry, I am confident the price will fall dramatically--perhaps, eventually, by half.
It's all good...

Mandryka

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Mookalafalas

Holy crap. Another Abbado box? Must be a record, and this is a behemouth. 265 disks for $955  30 pounds. 

It's all good...