The Music Room > Great Recordings and Reviews

New Releases

<< < (4/2612) > >>

ChamberNut:

--- Quote from: Brian on April 28, 2009, 10:42:15 AM ---Hear any word?

--- End quote ---

RE:  Taneyev Quartets (Volume II) on Naxos (Carpe Diem Quartet)

Yes Brian, I did get a response from Korine Fujiwara, the violist of Carpe Diem, although it was pretty vague as to the release of Volume II.  Here is re:

Volume two is in the Naxos pipeline shortly, it will include String Quartets #2 and 4.  I think you will also like these pieces.  We certainly enjoyed learning, performing, and recording them--they are just beautiful works.

The new erato:

--- Quote from: erato on March 12, 2009, 01:49:44 PM ---A few things still marked as preorder only at mdt which will be ordered on release:

--- End quote ---
Done. Fine disc.

--- Quote from: erato on March 12, 2009, 01:49:44 PM ---

--- End quote ---
Listening to it now!

--- End quote ---
On its way in the mail from mdt.

--- End quote ---
Still on the backburner.

And of course some EMI Icon boxes available March 23rd, prime of which is the Hans Hotter set.

--- End quote ---
On its way in the mail from Crotchet.

Overall some mighty fine work by me!

not edward:

--- Quote from: Lethe on March 25, 2009, 07:48:11 PM ---

An exciting release, however I am put off immediately buying it by Edward's warning that the 9th (at the time, this was several years ago) was not worth listening to due to it being in a very poor performing edition (and the work being essentially unfinished anyway). I wonder whether this recording uses updated material?

--- End quote ---
A very belated response here: this is not the Rozhdestvensky version that caused the family to ban further performances of the work, but a new performing edition with the entire score having been deciphered and re-edited by the composer Alexander Raskatov. I will probably buy it when I see it, though I know critical opinion has not been particularly favourable.

Que:
Indeed this:

--- Quote from: Bunny on March 29, 2009, 08:06:16 AM ---Here are some recently released recordings that I'm looking forward to:

--- End quote ---

And this:

--- Quote from: Brian on April 28, 2009, 10:42:15 AM ---And for Andreas Staier fans:

--- End quote ---

Also this, which I even preordered.
It will finally complete the whole Haydn SQ cycle! :)
(ARCANA stopped activity before it could be issued before, due to the decease of its owner, Michel Bernstein.)

Q

FideLeo:

--- Quote from: Que on April 28, 2009, 01:48:25 PM ---
It will finally complete the whole Haydn SQ cycle! :)
(ARCANA stopped activity before it could be issued before, due to the decease of its owner, Michel Bernstein.)

--- End quote ---

It looks like someone has decided to take over the label.  New website: www.arcana.eu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version