The Music Room > Great Recordings and Reviews

New Releases

<< < (2/2576) > >>

Lethevich:

An exciting release, however I am put off immediately buying it by Edward's warning that the 9th (at the time, this was several years ago) was not worth listening to due to it being in a very poor performing edition (and the work being essentially unfinished anyway). I wonder whether this recording uses updated material?

Bunny:
Here are some recently released recordings that I'm looking forward to:

I have all of the previous CafĂ© Zimmermann recordings of Bach, so this one gets ordered by reflex.  I know it won't disappoint.  I saw the recent concert in NY of di Donato and Les Talens Lyriques performing the recording, and it was sensational.  That one is already in the mail; the samples of Villazon and the Gabrieli Consort are so good that I know that one will also soon be on my shelf.  Fischer's Mahler never disappoints, and the critics are all applauding this Jurowski/Russian Nat'l Orch. recording of Hamlet and Romeo & Juliet which comes on the heels of their great Manfred recording so I've got my shopping done for a while. :D

Here is one that I'd love to know more about:

DFO:

--- Quote from: ChamberNut on March 13, 2009, 04:10:32 AM ---Taneyev

Volume II of Carpe Dieme Quartet's recording of the string quartets on Naxos.

I'm emailing them today!  :)

--- End quote ---

Try to get the original Melodiya set by the old 70s.Taneyev quartet.
It's extraordinary. I know has been published on CD. I've it all of them copied from vinyls.

George:

--- Quote from: Bunny on March 29, 2009, 08:06:16 AM ---Here is one that I'd love to know more about:

--- End quote ---

Me too!

Question No. 1 - When did Wanderer record these works?  ;D

nut-job:

--- Quote from: Bunny on March 29, 2009, 08:06:16 AM ---Here is one that I'd love to know more about:

--- End quote ---

You can listen to excerpts on the Linn web site.  I was unimpressed by Pizarro, who strikes me as mannered.  I have to many find recordings of this piece already to be concerned with this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version