New Releases

Started by Brian, March 12, 2009, 12:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

Quote from: arpeggio on March 25, 2021, 07:05:44 PM
I have just listened to the following new recording on the Naxos Music Library Website:

Mr. Walker is a composer I am not familiar with.  The CD is a collection of his chamber and orchestral works by various artists.

The problem with the CD is that the performances are very uneven.

It's advertised right there on the cover: a mixed bag.  :laugh:
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Brian

August box set: "Robert Tear, the Argo Recitals", 14 CDs on Decca

Roy Bland

Contains works by Alexander Voormolen IMHO very underrated

MusicTurner

Quote from: MusicTurner on November 03, 2020, 10:34:49 PM
This Copenhagen shop is cheaper, originally associated with Classico label, but they've traditionally had a poor service/mailing reputation
https://cdklassisk.com/product/niels-viggo-bentzon-the-tempered-piano-15-cd-box/

The one mentioned above has a better reputation.

This second-hand shop chain might be worth consulting too
https://accord.dk/

Mail should be less or around 100 DKK.

Just noticed one of the better local examples, used for DKK 75 / 10 Euros
https://www.dba.dk/niels-viggo-bentzon-the/id-1077879400/
If interested, probably ask for it to be sent as a normal letter, will give a low postage.

Mookalafalas

This actually came out last month, but haven't seen it posted here. (?) Notice "new"...

and
It's all good...

Mirror Image

Quote from: Mookalafalas on March 27, 2021, 05:59:20 AM
This actually came out last month, but haven't seen it posted here. (?) Notice "new"...

Brian posted about this set many pages back. I would say to those who already own the previous Complete set on DG, it doesn't really offer anything 'new'. But for those that missed this set the first time around, it's a must-buy for any Stravinskian, IMHO.

Que

Quote from: Mookalafalas on March 27, 2021, 05:59:20 AM

Noticed that one as well.. pretty exciting.

Todd

Hello.

I dare anyone to sit through this.

This, on the other hand, compels.

Just how British is it, I wonder.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

DavidW

Quote from: Todd on March 27, 2021, 12:09:57 PM
Just how British is it, I wonder.

I can't wait for the followup "Terribly British" followed by "Bloody Well British".

betterthanfine

Quote from: Todd on March 27, 2021, 12:09:57 PM

Hello.

Mozart Momentum 1785 – Tracklisting:

Piano Concerto No. 20 K 466
Piano Concerto No. 21 K 467
Piano Concerto No. 22 K 482
Masonic Funeral Music     
Fantasia for Piano in C minor         
Quartet in G minor for Piano and Strings

http://www.colinscolumn.com/leif-ove-andsnes-mahler-chamber-orchestra-mozart-momentum-1785-may-release/

Roy Bland

Roasted Swan

Quote from: DavidW on March 27, 2021, 01:46:35 PM
I can't wait for the followup "Terribly British" followed by "Bloody Well British".

Surely you missed out Awfully Sorry British

Brian

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Brian

Love this album concept:

ONE MOVEMENT SYMPHONIES
Composer(s):   BARBER SCRIABIN SIBELIUS
Artist(s):   STERN KANSAS CITY SYMPHONY
Label:   REFERENCE RECORDINGS (REF)

Only complaint would be that there would probably be room on there for Harris 3...? Still. Great idea for an album.

Que

Brian

Quote from: The new erato on April 03, 2021, 12:49:20 AM
Any releaae info on this?
Presto has it in mid June, same day as the super giant Riccardo Muti box.

DaveF

At last, at last...

The whole collection, a number of them first recordings.  Now all we need is complete recordings of the two other English songbooks for a Byrd intégrale.

PS It's £8.99 on Qobuz (2 discs' worth).
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

Carlo Gesualdo

Here an interesting tread, your own personal view on new not released yet...  :P

This is huge folks, for admirer of Johannes Ockeghem achievements, Raum Klang(German Label of quality), that would value so much so far and cherish there records.

This will be release April 16 in few days, just can't wait for this album, the great Masses, wow I'm tripping now:Missa Prolationum, Has a fan of Ockeghem, I would not missed out on!, this album, order this splendid recording, Missa Prolationum is equal in my mind to the beauty of Missa Caput of his

This will perhaps competed whit The sound and The fury ensemble(From Austria).This is so telling folks, this album scream out loud buy me, you wont regret it.

Also, purchased Arnolt & Hugo DE Latins, this is not knew , but never being deceived by Batiste Romain and his ensemble ''Le mirroir DE la musique''. Would compared them to composers Busnois & Binchois especially for ambiance, also might consider one of his other contemporaries Johannes DE Lymburgia on same label as afore mention composers ''DE Latins'' respectively off the same era the glorious 15Th century renaissance polyphony of Flemish and Franco-Flemish genius like Johannes Tinctoris all in the same time span.

What about it Lady & Gentlemen, look and seem astonishingly fabulous?

My question and purpose of this tread is for you and me, to recommend future of greatest albums to come sooner are later in future days ahead.?

I'm a bit a zealot & proselyte and ultimately compelled to talk about the first album the Ockeghem Missa Prolationum, am all ready very exited about this release, whiteout fault, thus said, I'm expecting this and have high expectancy to listening to them!!!

Marvelous recording up a head!!!!

;D