New Releases

Started by Brian, March 12, 2009, 12:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Also a new release with music from Bacewicz
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Harry

Also an exiting release.

Harry

For all the Organ lovers.

Que

Quote from: Harry on March 14, 2023, 12:59:29 AMA new release of Beauty Farm, yay.

Dare I say that the covers are getting worse?  :o   

I actually didn't know that was even possible... ::)

But in the end another Barbireau recording is good news! :D

Harry

Quote from: Que on March 14, 2023, 02:04:25 AM

Yes its a disgrace, but I have plenty of beautiful images, so I will happily paste it over, as soon as I have it in my possession. ;D

Que

Quote from: Harry on March 14, 2023, 01:13:52 AMFor all the Organ lovers.

Could be a winner!  :D

Madiel

I personally think that one is slightly better than a lot of the others. But that is damning with faint praise.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

DavidW

Quote from: Harry on March 14, 2023, 12:59:29 AMA new release of Beauty Farm, yay.

I think the cover is destined though for the worst cover art thread. ;D

DavidW

Coming in April (did I already post this? or did someone else?)

Wanderer

Quote from: Que on March 14, 2023, 02:04:25 AMDare I say that the covers are getting worse?  :o 

Indeed, they are. And I can't be the only one to think that the ensemble's name is as cheesy as the covers.

Harry

Quote from: Wanderer on March 14, 2023, 06:38:41 AMIndeed, they are. And I can't be the only one to think that the ensemble's name is as cheesy as the covers.

Correct!!!!

Mandryka

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Maestro267

It looks like Beauty Farm have decided that weird album art is their schtick and they are just rolling with it now. It's their Brand.

JBS

But in the end another Barbireau recording is good news! :D

Their last one, with the guy reading his phone in the dark, wasn't bad. And he had his shirt on.  This one is a regress. Perhaps we can imagine the lightning bolt as a divine comment on their cover art.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Wanderer

Quote from: JBS on March 15, 2023, 01:30:21 PMPerhaps we can imagine the lightning bolt as a divine comment on their cover art.

Or as a particularly potent instance of flatulence.

Madiel

Quote from: JBS on March 15, 2023, 01:30:21 PMAnd he had his shirt on.

In general, the company's album budget is not extensive enough for either professional design or full clothing.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Florestan

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Brian

"The Icelandic composer, Hugi Guðmundsson, has penned a new oratorio infused with religious themes and featuring an ensemble of orchestra, choir, and soloists. The Gospel of Mary draws inspiration from a long-forgotten gospel written in the early centuries after Christ's birth, which challenges the established narrative surrounding the role of Mary Magdalene in Christianity. This deeply moving oratorio dares to challenge established norms by portraying Mary Magdalene as an apostle on par with her male counterparts."

The cover spelling of the ensemble has sent me down a Wiki rabbit hole. Previous recordings of this orchestra have credited it as the Aarhus Sinfonietta. It turns out that the official spelling of the city changed from Århus to Aarhus in 2011. So if the orchestra is changing its spelling in the reverse direction, it is going against the historical grain. City institutions are still allowed to use the old spelling (and apparently the local newspaper does).

Here is a blog post in Danish about the controversy.
https://dsn.dk/nyheder-og-arrangementer/aarhus-eller-aarhus/

Yes, it's weird that I'm more interested in this than in the fact of a new oratorio celebrating Mary Magdalene  ;D

Brian

MAY

Cool sheet music there.

Schubert Sonata in A minor D. 537
Schoenberg Klavierstucke Op. 11
Schubert Sonata in A D. 959

JUNE

This is arrangements for saxophone quartet, cello, and piano of Tchaikovsky's Rococo Variations, a Vivaldi concerto, the Falla Canciones, and the Rhapsody in Blue. It could sell dozens of copies.

Todd

Quote from: Brian on March 17, 2023, 05:35:53 AMThis deeply moving oratorio dares to challenge established norms by portraying Mary Magdalene as an apostle on par with her male counterparts.

I wonder if the composer was inspired by the flick Mary Magdalene. This seems like a musical equivalent to that.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya