New Releases

Started by Brian, March 12, 2009, 12:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rinaldo

marvinbrown

I don't believe this!! It seems that the Bach 2000 on Teldec is set to be repackaged and released in this new incarnation at around £300. The original set retailed at close to a £1000. I own the complete organ works ( Koopman) from this set and of course the illustrious sacred cantatas Leonhardt/Harnoncourt.

[asin]B006WKDT1E[/asin]

marvin

Ataraxia

That's one big Bachx.  ;D

mc ukrneal

Quote from: marvinbrown on March 21, 2012, 01:17:37 PM

I don't believe this!! It seems that the Bach 2000 on Teldec is set to be repackaged and released in this new incarnation at around £300. The original set retailed at close to a £1000. I own the complete organ works ( Koopman) from this set and of course the illustrious sacred cantatas Leonhardt/Harnoncourt.

[asin]B006WKDT1E[/asin]
  marvin
255 Pounds at MDT (w/o shipping). $320/325 at Amazon US and Deep Discount (w/o shipping, if any). I imagine it will get cheaper once it is released everywhere.

Be kind to your fellow posters!!

marvinbrown

Quote from: mc ukrneal on March 21, 2012, 01:30:13 PM
255 Pounds at MDT (w/o shipping). $320/325 at Amazon US and Deep Discount (w/o shipping, if any). I imagine it will get cheaper once it is released everywhere.

I hope so.

marvin

jlaurson

Quote from: marvinbrown on March 21, 2012, 01:17:37 PM

marvin

Are you sure all the cantatas are Leonhardt/Harnoncourt? It would make sense... but I think I noticed a couple Koopman Cantatas in there, as well. (At least the secular ones.)

The new erato

Quote from: jlaurson on March 21, 2012, 02:32:08 PM
Are you sure all the cantatas are Leonhardt/Harnoncourt? It would make sense... but I think I noticed a couple Koopman Cantatas in there, as well. (At least the secular ones.)
The Leonhardt/Harnoncourt series didn'tinclude the secular stuff I think.

kishnevi

Quote from: mc ukrneal on March 21, 2012, 01:30:13 PM

$299.99 USD at Arkivmusic, plus shipping, and if like me, you live in a state in which Arkiv must charge it, sales tax.  For me, because of the sales tax, that brings it up to just under Amazon's price, but if you live in a state where you don't need to pay the tax, that might make a difference.

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on March 21, 2012, 08:00:03 PM
$299.99 USD at Arkivmusic, plus shipping, and if like me, you live in a state in which Arkiv must charge it, sales tax.  For me, because of the sales tax, that brings it up to just under Amazon's price, but if you live in a state where you don't need to pay the tax, that might make a difference.
Just found it for $259 at Importcds. Says that sale ends 30th of March. And it looks like they screwed up the shipping - not marked heavy, so shipping in US is just $1.49. Total of $260.78.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

kishnevi

Quote from: mc ukrneal on March 22, 2012, 11:12:30 AM
Just found it for $259 at Importcds. Says that sale ends 30th of March. And it looks like they screwed up the shipping - not marked heavy, so shipping in US is just $1.49. Total of $260.78.

Thank your for the tip.  Although my checkbook is not so grateful :)

BTW, they also tacked on a handling charge of $1.50 so the actual total I'm paying is $262.28

Ironically, I have Alan Curtis playing the English and French Suites tonight for my listening, which is one of the performances in the box.

Que

.[asin]B006WKDT1E[/asin]

Its a marvelous bargain! :) Much better than that Haenssler thingy... ::) 8)

If only, if only. It's too late for me I'm afraid... :-\ Twenty years when I was just starting out on Bach this would heave been a Godsend. Now I already have on the shelves the Sacred cantatas by Leonhardt/Harnoncourt (bought in its 1st CD appearance at mid-price! :o), Koopman's organ cycle, Wilson's WTC, and yes, also Curtis' Suites.... :-\

Q

Opus106

They should do what they did with the 2000 Edition and release separate volumes. I'd take the (non-organ) keyboard works in a heartbeat.
Regards,
Navneeth

marvinbrown

Quote from: jlaurson on March 21, 2012, 02:32:08 PM

In my post I said the SACRED cantatas.  I do not know who features on the secular ones.

Karl Henning

Aye, and since Jens said At least the secular ones, I took him as asking whether all the [sacred] cantatas are Leonhardt/Harnoncourt.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Opus106

Quote from: karlhenning on March 23, 2012, 07:11:41 AM
Aye, and since Jens said At least the secular ones, I took him as asking whether all the [sacred] cantatas are Leonhardt/Harnoncourt.

Or on the reasonable assumption that Jens missed the S-word in marvin's post, it could just as easily be interpreted as his asking whether all the cantatas (as he did ask about "all the cantatas") are by L&H. He doubts that this is the case, since he read Koopman's name listed as the conductor of some ("at least the secular ones") of the cantatas.

[Aside: I'm sure Renfield would have made a better post of that had he some minutes to spare in between attending to more productive things. ;D]
Regards,
Navneeth

kishnevi

Quote from: Que on March 22, 2012, 11:25:27 PM
.[asin]B006WKDT1E[/asin]

Its a marvelous bargain! :) Much better than that Haenssler thingy... ::) 8)

Q

As I dip into the the "Haenssler thing" I'm finding plenty of good music making. 

WARNING! ANDRE RIEU ALERT!
I did notice in the press packet writeups that among the musicians listed  is   Andre Rieu (he's among the performers of one of the earliest recordings, c. 1960).  So now I will be able to say with a very straight face that I do indeed have an Andre Rieu recordings. 

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

marvinbrown

Quote from: Opus106 on March 23, 2012, 07:36:56 AM
Or on the reasonable assumption that Jens missed the S-word in marvin's post, it could just as easily be interpreted as his asking whether all the cantatas (as he did ask about "all the cantatas") are by L&H. He doubts that this is the case, since he read Koopman's name listed as the conductor of some ("at least the secular ones") of the cantatas.

[Aside: I'm sure Renfield would have made a better post of that had he some minutes to spare in between attending to more productive things. ;D]
Quote from: karlhenning on March 23, 2012, 07:11:41 AM

Ok just to clarify ALL OF THE SACRED CANTATAS ARE LEONHARDT/HARNONCOURT. More importantly they are brilliant performances. HIP, all boys choir, with a few  exceptions where women were brought in to fill some of the soprano roles. On the whole these sacred cantatas recordings are deliciously raw and earnest.

marvin

Que

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on March 23, 2012, 08:52:08 AM
As I dip into the the "Haenssler thing" I'm finding plenty of good music making. 

WARNING! ANDRE RIEU ALERT!

I did notice in the press packet writeups that among the musicians listed  is   Andre Rieu (he's among the performers of one of the earliest recordings, c. 1960).  So now I will be able to say with a very straight face that I do indeed have an Andre Rieu recordings.

That might be the father of the now-(in)famous André Rieu.... André Rieu sr. (1917-1992) was conductor of a provincial orchestra, the Maastrichts Stedelijk Orkest (Maastricht City Orchestra), later transformed into the Limburgs Symphonie Orkest (Limburg Symphony Orchestra).

Q

jlaurson

Quote from: Que on March 23, 2012, 03:26:40 PM
That might be the father of the now-(in)famous André Rieu.... André Rieu sr. (1917-1992) was conductor of a provincial orchestra, the Maastrichts Stedelijk Orkest (Maastricht City Orchestra), later transformed into the Limburgs Symphonie Orkest (Limburg Symphony Orchestra).

Q

He also conducted a nice Haydn Trumpet Concerto. On Sony, methinks.