New Releases

Started by Brian, March 12, 2009, 12:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoine Marchand

I know many people (well, probably two or three  ;D) have searched the Sonatas & Partitas for Solo Violin performed by F. Fernandez on Flora. Now those 2 discs are, apparently, being re-released:

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Johann-Sebastian-Bach-1685-1750-Sonaten-Partiten-f%FCr-Violine-BWV-1001-1003/hnum/2703929

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Johann-Sebastian-Bach-1685-1750-Sonaten-Partiten-f%FCr-Violine-BWV-100410051006/hnum/2703909

Que

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on May 14, 2012, 08:45:23 PM
I know many people (well, probably two or three  ;D) have searched the Sonatas & Partitas for Solo Violin performed by F. Fernandez on Flora. Now those 2 discs are, apparently, being re-released:

Good news, they were on my wishlist too.  :)

But why are they still so freaking expensive! :o  :'(

Q

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: Que on May 14, 2012, 09:05:14 PM
Good news, they were on my wishlist too.  :)

But why are they still so freaking expensive! :o  :'(

Q

Because it's Flora! They practically work only to satisfy five or six members of this board.  ;D

Que

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on May 14, 2012, 09:16:48 PM
Because it's Flora! They practically work only to satisfy five or six members of this board.  ;D

How are the accompanied sonatas BTW? :) The samples sound good.

Q

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: Que on May 15, 2012, 09:03:56 AM
How are the accompanied sonatas BTW? :) The samples sound good.

Q

Excellent no-nonsense interpretations; IMO, a typical performance from "the Kuijken Circle".

Que

.[asin]B007AR7R5C[/asin]

They keep coming! :o

Q

Que

.[asin]B007AR7QQC[/asin]

[asin]B0074DXTX6[/asin]

And more! :o 

Though rather annoying that the Leonhardt box only contains one Bach organ disc... :P

Q

The new erato

Quote from: Que on May 15, 2012, 01:34:13 PM
.[asin]B007AR7R5C[/asin]

They keep coming! :o

Q
I've been eyeing thos for some weeks, but as I have 5 of the 8 discs as single discs I'm hesitating.....

Holden

Quote from: jlaurson on May 08, 2012, 07:38:54 AM
It's a truism of record collecting, that the rarer and harder to get a disc or a set, the more esteemed it is among the self-declared cognoscenti.

That's especially true if there are two (or more) versions of a work by the same performers.

That rule is being put to the test when Regis re(re)leases the mono set of Wilhelm Kempff's Beethoven Sonatas. (Which I actually do think is superior to his stereo re-make, as I find it more playful and easy-going.) (Out May 21st.)

This is already available and I've been waiting for this set of the PS to come down in price for a long time now. My first ever classical music recording was the LP from this set with the ubiquitous 8/14/23.

I could not find the Regis on Amazon anywhere so MDT got the nod for $OZ 24.26. Add in about 8 bucks postage and this is a bargain. I hope it will be waiting for me when I finally get back home on the 26th
Cheers

Holden

Brian

Fischer/Budapest Mahler 1 due next month.

madaboutmahler

Quote from: Brian on May 17, 2012, 12:20:58 PM
Fischer/Budapest Mahler 1 due next month.

GREAT!!!!! I saw them do M1 at the BBC Proms last year, their performance of the finale was the most thrilling I have ever heard. Hope it's at least nearly as great on disc...! :)
"Music is ... A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy"
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Brian

Quote from: madaboutmahler on May 17, 2012, 12:27:09 PM
GREAT!!!!! I saw them do M1 at the BBC Proms last year, their performance of the finale was the most thrilling I have ever heard. Hope it's at least nearly as great on disc...! :)

I just got their Mahler 4 and Dvorak 7 in the mail; apart from the interpretive quality, the culture/sound of the orchestra and their rapport with Fischer make everything they do distinctive and well worth hearing.

Brian

Albert Roussel's complete piano music.

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

jlaurson

Schoenberg's phenomenal "Hanging Gardens" are hiding behind this Beethoven-insinuating cover:

Schoenberg, Beethoven, Berg, Haydn
An die Ferne Geliebte, Hanging Gardens, Altenberg Songs et al.,
Christian Gerhaher, Gerold Huber
Sony

On the occasion of Christian Gerhaher's release of Schoenberg's "The Book of the Hanging Gardens" (Sony, June 26 2012), here's a rescued and republished article from the WETA column:

Christian Gerhaher, Othmar Schoeck, and Stefan George – A Love Story

http://ionarts.blogspot.com/2012/06/christian-gerhaher-othmar-schoeck-love.html

Papy Oli

Quote from: jlaurson on June 22, 2012, 03:37:05 AM
Schoenberg's phenomenal "Hanging Gardens" are hiding behind this Beethoven-insinuating cover:

Full streaming of the album is available here
Olivier

Opus106

Quote from: Papy Oli on June 22, 2012, 11:51:15 AM

Thank you, Olivier. :) It's an interesting programme on the disc.
Regards,
Navneeth

jlaurson

Quote from: Papy Oli on June 22, 2012, 11:51:15 AM

WTF?!? How is the album already streamed, before it's even on the market in hard copy? Drats.
Hopefully it will stimulate purchases... to issue the "Hanging Gardens" -- esp. on a major label -- is a gorgeous risk and highly unusual for today's release-policies. May it be rewarded. :-)

Opus106

Two Italian releases.

[asin]B008BEDSFG[/asin]
List of Contents

[asin]B008BEDSJ2[/asin]
List of Contents
Regards,
Navneeth

Papy Oli

20/08

[asin]B008975XDU[/asin]

A remaster :