New Releases

Started by Brian, March 12, 2009, 12:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMeatScience and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

The new erato

Also this: [asin]B008CG1HQ0[/asin]

Wakefield

Considering that Koopman's first try on this collection is largely OOP, this new recording results interesting:

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Johann-Sebastian-Bach-1685-1750-Sonaten-f%FCr-Violine-Cembalo-BWV-1014-1019/hnum/2883757
"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

Wakefield

BTW, these Haydn symphonies announced for August 23 will be a must-have to me:

"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

Opus106

Quote from: Gordon Shumway on August 12, 2012, 12:07:19 AM
Considering that Koopman's first try on this collection is largely OOP

It recently turned out to be my introduction to these works. A kind SymphonyShare member uploaded it, album cover and all. :)
Regards,
Navneeth

Wakefield

Quote from: Opus106 on August 12, 2012, 12:26:04 AM
It recently turned out to be my introduction to these works. A kind SymphonyShare member uploaded it, album cover and all. :)

Do you mean this new Koopman recording, Navneeth?
-- Voltaire

Que

Quote from: Gordon Shumway on August 12, 2012, 12:07:19 AM
Considering that Koopman's first try on this collection is largely OOP, this new recording results interesting:

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Johann-Sebastian-Bach-1685-1750-Sonaten-f%FCr-Violine-Cembalo-BWV-1014-1019/hnum/2883757

OMG, another recording of these works? :o
I can't keep up anymore - though I did a survey over a year ago or so and ended up adding Malgoire/Rannou (Zig-Zag) to my Kuyken/Leonhardt set. Since then I have seen some notable new recordings, specifically Fernandez/Allard (Flora) and another that you or premont recently posted of which I forgot the details...(please remind me)

But how many can one have? :o ;D

Q

Wakefield

Quote from: Que on August 12, 2012, 12:28:29 AM
OMG, another recording of these works? :o
I can't keep up anymore - though I did a survey over a year ago or so and ended up adding Malgoire/Rannou (Zig-Zag) to my Kuyken/Leonhardt set. Since then I have seen some notable new recordings, specifically Fernandez/Allard (Flora) and another that you or premont recently posted of which I forgot the details...(please remind me)

But how many can one have? :o ;D

Q

c'mon, Q, we're not the right people to respond that crazy question!  ;D

Maybe this one?

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Johann-Sebastian-Bach-1685-1750-Sonaten-f%FCr-Violine-Cembalo-BWV-1014-101910211023/hnum/1596687
-- Voltaire

Wakefield

Quote from: Que on August 12, 2012, 12:38:31 AM

Yes, and maybe this one as well...very tempting... ::)

Maybe I "need" one more? ;D

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Johann-Sebastian-Bach-1685-1750-Sonaten-f%FCr-Violine-Cembalo-BWV-1014-1019/hnum/4916415

Q

I listened to Banchini one time via NML and I think I'll pass this time, at least until a new listening. I was not very impressed.
-- Voltaire

Opus106

Quote from: Gordon Shumway on August 12, 2012, 12:28:22 AM
Do you mean this new Koopman recording, Navneeth?

No, I meant his first try on this collection, with Ms. Wallfisch.
Regards,
Navneeth

Wakefield

Quote from: Opus106 on August 12, 2012, 12:59:55 AM
No, I meant his first try on this collection, with Ms. Wallfisch.

Huggett, I guess. Unfortunately, I don't have that set.
-- Voltaire

Opus106

Quote from: Gordon Shumway on August 12, 2012, 01:13:48 AM
Huggett, I guess. Unfortunately, I don't have that set.

Oops. I had a feeling that I ought to have checked the name before typing. :-[

Link to FLAC files available here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/Symphonyshare/7XRRJ3cdnQU/KN66s1Er00EJ
Regards,
Navneeth

Que

Quote from: Gordon Shumway on August 12, 2012, 12:46:16 AM
I listened to Banchini one time via NML and I think I'll pass this time, at least until a new listening. I was not very impressed.

OK Thanks! :)

For now the Fernandez/Allard is on the shopping list, though Fernandez' solo recordings will take priority.

And what do you think of the Deuter/Grisvard? I'm listing to samples right now. I like his tone, and he embellishes, which is nice. Seems like quite a swift and spirited performance.

Q

Wakefield

Quote from: Opus106 on August 12, 2012, 01:53:23 AM
Oops. I had a feeling that I ought to have checked the name before typing. :-[

It was unnecessary, Nav. You know, there is always a kind member of this board avidly waiting for and enjoying the opportunity of correcting another illustrious members.  ;) ;D  :P

Quote from: Opus106 on August 12, 2012, 01:53:23 AM
Link to FLAC files available here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/Symphonyshare/7XRRJ3cdnQU/KN66s1Er00EJ

I found this set on YouTube; I have heard a half of its content so far and I can say Koopman will have a very hard work, if he pretend  to surpass his first attempt. It's a beautiful and unexpectedly (for koopman's usual proceedings) contemplative, calm and autumnal version.

http://www.youtube.com/v/r26H7jDRsCQ?hd=1
-- Voltaire

Opus106

Quote from: Gordon Shumway on August 12, 2012, 03:06:34 AM
It was unnecessary, Nav. You know, there is always a kind member of this board avidly waiting for and enjoying the opportunity of correcting another illustrious members.  ;) ;D  :P

And that should be only me! >:D

To each his own obsession: some like piling up discs on the shelf; I like to see everyone get even the tiniest detail correct.
Regards,
Navneeth

Wakefield

Quote from: Opus106 on August 12, 2012, 03:27:24 AM
To each his own obsession: some like piling up discs on the shelf...

Are you teasing me, Nav? ;)
-- Voltaire

Wakefield

Quote from: Que on August 12, 2012, 03:00:17 AM
For now the Fernandez/Allard is on the shopping list, though Fernandez' solo recordings will take priority.
Yes, his sonatas & partitas are mandatory.

Quote from: Que on August 12, 2012, 03:00:17 AM
And what do you think of the Deuter/Grisvard? I'm listing to samples right now. I like his tone, and he embellishes, which is nice. Seems like quite a swift and spirited performance.
I'm still waiting for that set, ordered from Italy. When it arrives I will comment my opinion.
-- Voltaire

Willoughby earl of Itacarius

Quote from: eyeresist on August 01, 2012, 06:43:49 PM
They were just waiting for Mirror Image to leave first ;)

Mirror Image left? Well, well I am behind with knowing what goes on of GMG already. Why did he leave, anyone knows?

Opus106

Quote from: Harry on August 19, 2012, 04:03:18 AM
Mirror Image left? Well, well I am behind with knowing what goes on of GMG already. Why did he leave, anyone knows?

To be precise, he has only taken a break from GMG to economically empower the merchants of some other genre of music.
Regards,
Navneeth

Willoughby earl of Itacarius

Quote from: Opus106 on August 19, 2012, 04:07:06 AM
To be precise, he has only taken a break from GMG to economically empower the merchants of some other genre of music.

Right, so he is temporarily of classical music. That does explain a little, but since he bought more CD'S as I ever did, he will have enough to write about the rest of his life.