Moises Moleiro

Started by schweitzeralan, March 18, 2009, 04:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schweitzeralan

I was recentiy contacted by Amazon UK about purchasing sundry piano works by one Moises Moleiro.  The sender of the Amazon source claimed that since I bought recordings of several British composers, namely, Moeran and Bainton, I would like works by this composer.  I heard one or two piano works plus a dance sequence on YouTube.  It all sounded roundly Hispanic with suggestive harmonies of Albeniz.  Other than that I have done no research on the composer other that I learned that he was a South American composer who was active in the early to mid 20th century.  To me there is little if any relationship to Bainton, Moeran, or Bax. From what little I gleaned was that the few downloads were coloful, quite hispanic but considerably lightweight.  Anyone out there familiar with this composer?  I doubt I'll purchase any  CD recordings of Moleiro.  The Baxes, Moerans, VWs sound alikes are hard to find.  The only one exception I know is Arthur Butterworth's 4th Symphony, a contemporary composer mentioned and discussed in this  thread. He has his Baxian (and Sibelian) moments.

schweitzeralan

Quote from: schweitzeralan on March 18, 2009, 04:43:39 AM
I was recentiy contacted by Amazon UK about purchasing sundry piano works by one Moises Moleiro.  The sender of the Amazon source claimed that since I bought recordings of several British composers, namely, Moeran and Bainton, I would like works by this composer.  I heard one or two piano works plus a dance sequence on YouTube.  It all sounded roundly Hispanic with suggestive harmonies of Albeniz.  Other than that I have done no research on the composer other that I learned that he was a South American composer who was active in the early to mid 20th century.  To me there is little if any relationship to Bainton, Moeran, or Bax. From what little I gleaned was that the few downloads were coloful, quite hispanic but considerably lightweight.  Anyone out there familiar with this composer?  I doubt I'll purchase any  CD recordings of Moleiro.  The Baxes, Moerans, VWs sound alikes are hard to find.  The only one exception I know is Arthur Butterworth's 4th Symphony, a contemporary composer mentioned and discussed in this  thread. He has his Baxian (and Sibelian) moments.
I guess Moleiro won't be dancing over his grave due to overwhelming fame. He's one source, I suppose, I can best place in oblivion.