CD Cases

Started by Michel, May 28, 2007, 11:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

I posted this a while ago but didn't get a satisfactory answer.

Where can you get high quality CD cases from? I got a load recently for a number of cases broken (as I recieved them that way in the post), but they were thinner and lower quality than the kind that always come with a CD when you buy it.

So, does anyone know a good supplier?

It is particularly bad when you get a new RCA Living Stereo broken, because they have those weird rounded corners that you can't get anywhere!

Don

Quote from: Michel on May 28, 2007, 11:01:09 AM
I posted this a while ago but didn't get a satisfactory answer.

Where can you get high quality CD cases from? I got a load recently for a number of cases broken (as I recieved them that way in the post), but they were thinner and lower quality than the kind that always come with a CD when you buy it.

So, does anyone know a good supplier?

It is particularly bad when you get a new RCA Living Stereo broken, because they have those weird rounded corners that you can't get anywhere!

Ae you interested in the thick jewel cases?

Michel

I am not sure what you mean, Don?

Gurn Blanston

Michel,
You mean just thicker plastic (heavier duty), not the thick ones that can hold 4 disks, correct?

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Michel

Yes, so a standard one disc case, but a decent quality one, like when you buy them in the first place. All replacements I have seen tend to be flimsy... :(

Robert

Quote from: Michel on May 28, 2007, 11:35:27 AM
Yes, so a standard one disc case, but a decent quality one, like when you buy them in the first place. All replacements I have seen tend to be flimsy... :(
Best Buy or Circuit City if you have them...If not google cd cases and I am sure you will get many suppliers....

Don

Quote from: Michel on May 28, 2007, 11:08:59 AM
I am not sure what you mean, Don?

Just the standard CD jewel case, and that's what you seem to want.  I see them all over the place at spots like Hastings, Borders, etc.

Personally, I like Memorex CD & DVD Keepers - both very thin and durable.

Michel

But thats the point - I did use google and went to a big supplier and have been very much disapointed. In terms of getting them from borders, I would suspect they are expensive for the original quantity I needed them in (about 100).

I live in the UK, by the way.

Don

Quote from: Michel on May 28, 2007, 11:54:41 AM
But thats the point - I did use google and went to a big supplier and have been very much disapointed. In terms of getting them from borders, I would suspect they are expensive for the original quantity I needed them in (about 100).

I live in the UK, by the way.

I also have found them expensive.  Add in their bulky size and lack of durability, and I can't see wanting the suckers.

My wife and I are going to Europe this Saturday, and she asked me for five of my CD keepers so her discs will take up as little room as possible in the suitcase.  Although I was reluctant to part with any of them, marriage is more important than cd storage.

Bunny

Quote from: Don on May 28, 2007, 12:00:26 PM
I also have found them expensive.  Add in their bulky size and lack of durability, and I can't see wanting the suckers.

My wife and I are going to Europe this Saturday, and she asked me for five of my CD keepers so her discs will take up as little room as possible in the suitcase.  Although I was reluctant to part with any of them, marriage is more important than cd storage.

I buy something from Univenture that's very similar to the cd keepers.  I actually moved all of my cds from jewel cases to sleeves in order to save space and my marriage.   

Michel

Quote from: Bunny on May 28, 2007, 07:50:24 PM
I buy something from Univenture that's very similar to the cd keepers.  I actually moved all of my cds from jewel cases to sleeves in order to save space and my marriage.   

What did you do to all the empty cases?