Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)

Started by BachQ, April 06, 2007, 03:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BachQ

Quote from: George on May 09, 2007, 09:37:12 AM
FWIW, I believe that that Diabelli is available on SONY. I recommend getting their transfer, as they have access to the original tapes. The 109 was also released on SONY, coupled with superb versions of 3 other sonatas. Music and Arts hasn't impressed me as of late with their transfers.

Thanks for that excellent input, George . . . . . . . You've earned your consulting fee . . . . . .  :D

BachQ

BachQ

Quote from: Mozart on May 09, 2007, 09:53:46 AM
Thinking about Beethoven in bed just might slow you down you eager beaver!

Mozart, you might be interested in the companion disk, Making Out to Mozart . . . . . . .

Mozart

Quote from: D Minor on May 09, 2007, 10:05:16 AM
Mozart, you might be interested in the companion disk, Making Out to Mozart . . . . . . .

Its the Mozart effect, its proven to make hot naked girls on the beach unbeleivably attracted to you. Its science.

karlhenning

Worthy companion volumes to Drooling to Dittersdorf, Pawing to Pachelbel, and Hanky-Panky by Handel.

Maciek

Quote from: D Minor on May 09, 2007, 09:05:47 AM

What exactly is the woman with long hair doing to the woman with short hair?

Steve

Quote from: MrOsa on May 09, 2007, 10:55:50 AM
What exactly is the woman with long hair doing to the woman with short hair?

And they say that classical musicans can't enjoy themselves.  ;D

BachQ

Helios (the GMG member) opines that Schnabel's recording of LvB PC #4 "is unmatchable."  Has anyone else heard this recording?

George

Quote from: D Minor on May 10, 2007, 03:29:14 AM
Helios (the GMG member) opines that Schnabel's recording of LvB PC #4 "is unmatchable."  Has anyone else heard this recording?

I listened to it yesterday, but I only had one ear on it.  :-\

You can get it through Naxos for less money, coupled with the 3rd.

BachQ

Val opines that Gulda's reading of LvB's piano sonatas (complete) represents the pinnacle . . . . . . 

And this REVIEW

George

I should have read Michel's OP.

Quote from: Michel on May 09, 2007, 09:41:34 AM
Just for a bit of fun - what CD from your collection should be an absolute no brainer for someone building a collection? It must be an absolute personal gem, and one you would be willing to give to someone if they could only hear one piece of music in their entire life.

Instead, I only went by the title of the thread. I am now going to remove my posts and rethink the question.

Gulda is sure an inexpensive, no-brainer, solid set, but something that I'd give to someone if they could only hear one piece of music there entire life? I am not so sure.

BachQ

Quote from: George on May 10, 2007, 03:50:55 AM
I should have read Michel's OP.

Instead, I only went by the title of the thread. I am now going to remove my posts and rethink the question.

Gulda is sure an inexpensive, no-brainer, solid set, but something that I'd give to someone if they could only hear one piece of music there entire life? I am not so sure.

Yes, another case where the thread title can misrepresent the real thrust of the thread . . . . . .

(George, I've modified my post consistent with your modification on Michel's thread  ::))

BachQ

. . . . . .a couple of "classics" released two weeks ago . . . . .

Beethoven Violin Sonatas, No 5 "spring", 7, 9 "kreutzer" & 10 / Y. Menuhin, J. Menuhin

On DVD, Beethoven: Violin Concerto / Milstein, Boult (includes RVW's d minor symphony)

Haffner

Quote from: karlhenning on May 09, 2007, 10:11:20 AM
Worthy companion volumes to Drooling to Dittersdorf, Pawing to Pachelbel, and Hanky-Panky by Handel.

Schtupping to Shostakovich!

George

Quote from: D Minor on May 10, 2007, 04:03:32 AM
Yes, another case where the thread title can misrepresent the real thrust of the thread . . . . . .

That explains why my grilled cheese has yet to arrive.  ::)

(George, I've modified my post consistent with your modification on Michel's thread  ::))

Thanks.  :)

George

Quote from: Haffner on May 10, 2007, 04:28:15 AM

I had a great one for Hummel, but this is a family forum.  ::)

BachQ

Quote from: Haffner on May 10, 2007, 04:28:15 AM

Quote from: George on May 10, 2007, 05:12:12 AM
I had a great one for Hummel, but this is a family forum.  ::)

In that same vein, I think I'll pass on revealing the CD title for Engelbert Humperdinck . . . . . .  :D

BachQ

Quote from: George on May 10, 2007, 05:10:50 AM
That explains why my grilled cheese has yet to arrive.  ::)

The Beethoven BistroTM is still working on it's online food/beverage menu and delivery system . . . . . .

George

Quote from: D Minor on May 10, 2007, 05:29:26 AM
In that same vein, I think I'll pass on revealing the CD title for Engelbert Humperdinck . . . . . .  :D

;D

Quote from: D Minor on May 10, 2007, 05:31:24 AM
The Beethoven BistroTM is still working on it's online food/beverage menu and delivery system . . . . . .

When Bogey owned this establishment (Beethoven's Bar and Grill) the service was top-notch.  ::)

Haffner

Quote from: George on May 10, 2007, 05:45:42 AM
;D

When Bogey owned this establishment (Beethoven's Bar and Grill) the service was top-notch.  ::)

DRAT the new! (Sorry, I still suffer from that embarrassing compulsion to simply write "DRAT!" out of nowhere).