Music in an old Disney cartoon

Started by Valentino, May 30, 2007, 12:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valentino

Halfway through this thing, just after Donald's met the ice dancer, there is a theme played to some "egyptian" dancing. Do anyone know from which work and by which composer the theme is?

Takes a while to download: http://www.rotekroken.com/page.html
We audiophiles don't really like music, but we sure love the sound it makes;
Audio-Technica | Bokrand | Thorens | Cambridge Audio | Logitech | Yamaha | Topping | MiniDSP | Hypex | ICEpower | Mundorf | SEAS | Beyma

Maciek

I can't watch the clip because I'm having trouble with my browser. But even without watching I'd venture a guess: the Bacchanale from Samson et Delilah (Saint-Saens) - probably the theme that comes in about one third into the piece. It's the standard "Egyptian" tune in cartoons and the like.

Valentino

Audio-Technica | Bokrand | Thorens | Cambridge Audio | Logitech | Yamaha | Topping | MiniDSP | Hypex | ICEpower | Mundorf | SEAS | Beyma

Maciek

Sorry then. :( (Can't listen to the other link either - my browser is not cooperating today... sigh)

S709

The linked activeX control doesn't work very well for me in either IE or Opera (it never finishes the download, and it is not a stream)... I had to DL the AVI file using the direct URL.
.. but I wouldn't recommend that to others -- it's 50 megs.

However, I extracted the relevant audio portion, it can be downloaded here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k9ffq3

... I don't know what it is, I would guess it is just composed specifically for the cartoon.

I can recommend music in a similar vein though: Carl Nielsen's "Aladdin". :)

Valentino

That's a great help.
I wonder if anybody in here know of composers who worked with Disney.

orbital

This one is best known as Hootchy Kootchy Dance in the US, but it is believed to be an old Eygptian Melody.

for more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Streets_of_Cairo,_or_the_Poor_Little_Country_Maid

Bogey

Quote from: Valentino on May 30, 2007, 01:57:28 PM
That's a great help.
I wonder if anybody in here know of composers who worked with Disney.

We have probably 75+ Disney cds...anything you are looking for in particular?
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Valentino

Not really, Bogey. I was just trying to find leads.
orbital has nailed it. Some lyrics for a childrens song!

Thank you all for contributing. Now I know.