Moving House, because of lack of space for my cd's!

Started by Harry, April 08, 2007, 08:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uffeviking

Quote from: Harry on April 08, 2007, 11:02:19 AM
They all completely agree! ;D

But not one single note composed by the greatest innovator in the opera world Richard Wagner is allowed to enter this new house. A very sad state of affairs.  :'(

Que

Quote from: Harry on April 08, 2007, 10:17:52 AM
Yes, Que it is big enough. And then again I have the limit of my wallet, right!
Yes it has a end! ;D

Harry, I agree with Bunny - number two looks definitely very nice! :)
And with the attractive housing prices at your side of the country, I have no worries about your wallet..
So you will still be able to buy some more nice CD's! ;D  What more can one want? :)

Hope everything goes through and good luck with sorting out your CD collection in your future home!

Q

springrite

Harry, as your CD collection grows and you feel the need to move to a bigger country, let me know!

Harry

Quote from: uffeviking on April 08, 2007, 07:53:26 PM
But not one single note composed by the greatest innovator in the opera world Richard Wagner is allowed to enter this new house. A very sad state of affairs.  :'(

I am so sorry to dissapoint you Lis.
You of all people!
But Wagner would crumble the walls of this nic house.
See, that is not a option.
You understand that don't you? :)

Harry

Quote from: springrite on April 08, 2007, 11:50:24 PM
Harry, as your CD collection grows and you feel the need to move to a bigger country, let me know!

Permission to laugh loud and boisterous Sir! ;D

Harry

Quote from: Que on April 08, 2007, 11:36:02 PM
Harry, I agree with Bunny - number two looks definitely very nice! :)
And with the attractive housing prices at your side of the country, I have no worries about your wallet..
So you will still be able to buy some more nice CD's! ;D  What more can one want? :)

Hope everything goes through and good luck with sorting out your CD collection in your future home!

Q

Alright you too think No. 2 is best. Compared to the west of the Netherlands, the prices are within reason,true!
I hope too, that everything works out fine.
Thanks!

uffeviking

No, Dear Harry, I don't understand that. European houses, especially a $400.000 one, are much better built than our wooden cigar boxes, yet mine, at less than half of your price, has not even developed one single crack in spite of the onslaught of all the music Wagner ever wrote!

You have to come up with a better one, Dear Harry!

Harry

Quote from: uffeviking on April 09, 2007, 12:16:18 AM
No, Dear Harry, I don't understand that. European houses, especially a $400.000 one, are much better built than our wooden cigar boxes, yet mine, at less than half of your price, has not even developed one single crack in spite of the onslaught of all the music Wagner ever wrote!

You have to come up with a better one, Dear Harry!

What about I like you, and I dislike Wagner. ;D
Come and visit me in my new home and convince me otherwise! :)

Que

Quote from: Harry on April 09, 2007, 12:12:32 AM
Alright you too think No. 2 is best.

Yes, good and original design (I like the "vide") and a nice looking garden.

QuoteCompared to the west of the Netherlands, the prices are within reason,true!
I know, Harry, I know, I really should redirect the direction my career is going...
Life is too expensive, much too crowded and hectic here... :-\ 
I've been thinking of trying my luck in the judiciary - in that way I could work outside our beloved seat of government.. ;)

Quote from: uffeviking on April 09, 2007, 12:16:18 AM
No, Dear Harry, I don't understand that. European houses, especially a $400.000 one, are much better built than our wooden cigar boxes,..

I never understood the use of wood/multiplex instead of brick houses - is that common in American houses? I've never been to the US - so please forgive my ignorance - but I occasionally see a American show on TV in which a house is renovated (or completely demolished and rebuilt) in a few weeks! :o

Q

Harry

In the coming days I will visit both houses, and take some more inside pictures.
It is always different in the real perspective right?

m_gigena

With those prices, you should move to Argentina or Uruguay.

You can purchase your own hotel  in Uruguay for USD 500,000.

1600 sq meters; 3 floors, 29 rooms, parking lots for 15 cars....

Or this one in Argentina for only USD 290,000

marvinbrown

Quote from: Harry on April 08, 2007, 08:42:01 AM
Well finally, the bullet is through the church!
My music room, big enough as it is, has outgrown the multitude of cd's floating in.
So I will set my house for sale, and buy a much bigger house, twice as big that is.
My listening room has to be trice the size it has now., 20 square metres.
And that at my age! ;D

Harry whatever happened to that REALLY good carpenter you were telling me about?

Marvin
  P.S.:  Hope you relocate with ease. 

uffeviking

Quote from: Que on April 09, 2007, 12:50:38 AM

I never understood the use of wood/multiplex instead of brick houses - is that common in American houses? I've never been to the US - so please forgive my ignorance - Q

Nothing to forgive, Q! We had arrived in NYC from Germany, in-laws driving us through the countryside; I asked: "Did you have a catastrophe here? All I see is wooden temporary housing".  - Behelfsheime in German - . Mother-in-law shot me a whithering look: "Those are expensive homes, worth thousands of Dollars!" - Not off to a good start with mother-in-law! -  ::)

Harry

Quote from: Manuel on April 09, 2007, 06:06:44 AM
With those prices, you should move to Argentina or Uruguay.

You can purchase your own hotel  in Uruguay for USD 500,000.

1600 sq meters; 3 floors, 29 rooms, parking lots for 15 cars....

Or this one in Argentina for only USD 290,000

I love were I live, in the Netherlands, so that is no option I am afraid. ;D

karlhenning

A shame I won't be able to join you for the house-warming, mijn vriend!

Harry

Quote from: marvinbrown on April 09, 2007, 06:19:48 AM
  Harry whatever happened to that REALLY good carpenter you were telling me about?

Marvin
  P.S.:  Hope you relocate with ease. 

Well after using all the space Marvin, there was still not the room I really wanted, so............
You never relocate with ease i am afraid, but we will do our best.
First to make a choice! :)

Harry

Quote from: karlhenning on April 09, 2007, 07:00:16 AM
A shame I won't be able to join you for the house-warming, mijn vriend!

Well if possible I send you a ticket, dear Karl.
But still I have to make my choice what to buy!

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

SonicMan46

Quote from: Lethe on April 09, 2007, 08:09:56 AM
Do I spy QM's Mozart quartets? :D

Lethe - great eye & correct!  Actually, that is my cabinet for Boccherini-Haydn-Mozart CDs & boxes (except the huge Boccherini box from Capriccio which is near!); those QM discs are outstanding!  :)