Moving House, because of lack of space for my cd's!

Started by Harry, April 08, 2007, 08:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Well finally, the bullet is through the church!
My music room, big enough as it is, has outgrown the multitude of cd's floating in.
So I will set my house for sale, and buy a much bigger house, twice as big that is.
My listening room has to be trice the size it has now., 20 square metres.
And that at my age! ;D

Todd

I feel your pain, Harry.  I'm most likely going to be adding a room on to my house later this year to get more space, but even then my music room dilemma won't be solved.  But, I do have a closet that takes up around 35 square feet that could be removed and used for CD storage.  While the contractors are here . . .
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Que

Harry

Quote from: Todd on April 08, 2007, 08:49:10 AM
I feel your pain, Harry.  I'm most likely going to be adding a room on to my house later this year to get more space, but even then my music room dilemma won't be solved.  But, I do have a closet that takes up around 35 square feet that could be removed and used for CD storage.  While the contractors are here . . .

Well I could have done that too, but that would not add to the worth of the house, so it is better to buy a bigger house.

Bunny

Remember to post the house in "Harry's Purchases Today" after you close.  ;D

Good luck, health and happiness under your new roof.  Yes, and loads of time to listen to new music.

SonicMan46

Harry - I'm w/ Todd & you - always running out of space, but gives me an excuse to buy new tools & build storage units!  Couple of months ago, I completed this walnut (looks a lot prettier than the pic) combo bookcase & wall CD storage unit for our computer room (a spare bedroom) - moved a bunch of non-classical CDs - holds about 500 (so just a temporary solution -  ;) ;D).  I'm trying to at least keep all of the classical discs in the den, my main listening room - good luck in your house hunting!  :)

Of course, I could use the bookshelves for CD storage, too - hmmm (the shelves are adjustable!).

George

Quote from: SonicMan on April 08, 2007, 09:35:53 AM
Harry - I'm w/ Todd & you - always running out of space, but gives me an excuse to buy new tools & build storage units!  Couple of months ago, I completed this walnut (looks a lot prettier than the pic) combo bookcase & wall CD storage unit for our computer room (a spare bedroom) - moved a bunch of non-classical CDs - holds about 500 (so just a temporary solution -  ;) ;D).  I'm trying to at least keep all of the classical discs in the den, my main listening room - good luck in your house hunting!  :)

Of course, I could use the bookshelves for CD storage, too - hmmm (the shelves are adjustable!).

I need to find a place that will make me a unit like the one you have atop the bookcase or a unit I can mount on the wall, as I have run of space too!  :-[

Que

Quote from: Harry on April 08, 2007, 09:01:18 AM
Well I have, but we still have to decide which of the two!
What I can say however that it will be in Tolbert!

Harry, I hate to break this news to you, but...ehhh...are those houses...ehhh....BIG enough?? 8)

Q

Harry

Quote from: George on April 08, 2007, 09:34:41 AM
I say house #2, Harry, that's a beauty!

Yes, I agree with you George that's also my favourite!

Harry

Quote from: Bunny on April 08, 2007, 09:28:45 AM
Remember to post the house in "Harry's Purchases Today" after you close.  ;D

Good luck, health and happiness under your new roof.  Yes, and loads of time to listen to new music.

If it works out, and I can get my hands on it I will Bunny!. Thanks for the good wishes!

Harry

Quote from: Que on April 08, 2007, 09:58:58 AM
Harry, I hate to break this news to you, but...ehhh...are those houses...ehhh....BIG enough?? 8)

Q

Yes, Que it is big enough. And then again I have the limit of my wallet, right!
Yes it has a end! ;D

SonicMan46

Quote from: George on April 08, 2007, 09:38:28 AM
I need to find a place that will make me a unit like the one you have atop the bookcase or a unit I can mount on the wall, as I have run of space too!  :-[

George - yep, I look at the 'nooks & crannies' in my den, and just try to design a storage box to fit, like the ones below built in the last 6 months or so (2 to replace older, smaller & less attractive units) - all are attached to vertical surfaces and only about 5 1/2" in depth (except the one w/ doors, add 1/2").  All made from mahogany & much more attractive 'in person' - need to find a woodworking buddy in up in your area - BUT, I'm already thinking about future locations!  Yipes -  ::) :D  Dave

Brian

Oh my gosh Harry, are you serious??  ;D ;D I wonder what your family/friends think of your reason to move.  :D

mahlertitan

told ya, digitize your music. Get your music onto a harddrive or two, and sell the cds, or something. Get on with time, this is the era of digital revolution.

Novi

Harry, just buy this one ...

Quote from: SonicMan on April 08, 2007, 10:23:25 AM
George - yep, I look at the 'nooks & crannies' in my den, and just try to design a storage box to fit, like the ones below built in the last 6 months or so (2 to replace older, smaller & less attractive units) - all are attached to vertical surfaces and only about 5 1/2" in depth (except the one w/ doors, add 1/2").  All made from mahogany & much more attractive 'in person' - need to find a woodworking buddy in up in your area - BUT, I'm already thinking about future locations!  Yipes -  ::) :D  Dave

Dave, those are beautiful.
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen
Für den der heimlich lauschet.

Harry

Quote from: brianrein on April 08, 2007, 10:44:39 AM
Oh my gosh Harry, are you serious??  ;D ;D I wonder what your family/friends think of your reason to move.  :D

They all completely agree! ;D

SonicMan46

Quote from: Novitiate on April 08, 2007, 10:55:54 AM
Harry, just buy this one ...

Dave, those are beautiful.

LOL -  ;D  Yep, I was goin' to suggest the Biltmore House in Asheville if Harry has an urge to move to North Carolina!  :)

Hey, thanks for the comment - I wish the pics would do the woodworking more justice, but one more below of the door cabinet before mounting to show the nice 'finger joints' - one of the others has 'dovetail joints'  :)