Moving House, because of lack of space for my cd's!

Started by Harry, April 08, 2007, 08:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Thursday we look at two of the homes, maybe we get lucky! :)

George

Quote from: Harry on April 10, 2007, 12:49:36 AM
Thursday we look at two of the homes, maybe we get lucky! :)

Harry! You can do that once you've bought the house!  ::)

Harry

Quote from: George on April 10, 2007, 03:32:03 AM
Harry! You can do that once you've bought the house!  ::)

First I go the the No.2, then to No.12 I think, then I think, Missus Think, bang we both decide! ;D

Maciek

Harry, I'm very happy for you. Getting a new house and all. :D

But on the other hand, I'm getting a little worried... isn't this CD buying habit getting a bit out of control? Probably not, though. If you can afford a house, you've obviously not crossed the line yet, so no reason for concern.

Yet. ;)

I hope. ;) ;)

Sorry for the intrusion. Enjoy the move and the music! 8)

Maciek

Harry

16:00 hours Dutch time, visit to house number two!
What fun! ;D

Harry

House number two no good, no place for my primary system and cd's! :'(

George

Quote from: Harry on April 12, 2007, 09:58:35 AM
House number two no good, no place for my primary system and cd's! :'(

Big deal! Its just music! Get a little radio and a MP3 player. Where are your priorities!?

(just kidding, that sucks Harry!)  :'( :'( :'(

Harry

Quote from: George on April 12, 2007, 10:32:27 AM
Big deal! Its just music! Get a little radio and a MP3 player. Where are your priorities!?

(just kidding, that sucks Harry!)  :'( :'( :'(

Well up to the next house George! ;D

Robert

Quote from: Harry on April 12, 2007, 10:39:24 AM
Well up to the next house George! ;D

WAIT, I am sure you have some time to find the RIGHT house...DO NOT SETTLE

Harry

I have the time yes, and will take it.
Its is going to last longer then I thought!

Dancing Divertimentian

If the day ever comes you latch onto opera, Harry, be prepared to expand your living quarters even further! ;D

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Larry Rinkel

Quote from: Harry on April 08, 2007, 08:42:01 AM
Well finally, the bullet is through the church!
My music room, big enough as it is, has outgrown the multitude of cd's floating in.
So I will set my house for sale, and buy a much bigger house, twice as big that is.
My listening room has to be trice the size it has now., 20 square metres.
And that at my age! ;D

Some silly people might suggest making more efficient use of the space you already have, or buying space-saver sleeves, or even purging your collection of CDs that no longer interest you. But those would be very silly suggestions. Just make sure your new house is small enough that you'll have to move again in five years after you've acquired another 5000 CDs. Oops, I meant to say two years.

Harry

I have already a sizable collection my friend to boot, Monteverdi/Purcell/Handel/Vivaldi/Haydn.
But the building has the right size! ;D

Harry

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on April 12, 2007, 10:53:32 AM
Some silly people might suggest making more efficient use of the space you already have, or buying space-saver sleeves, or even purging your collection of CDs that no longer interest you. But those would be very silly suggestions. Just make sure your new house is small enough that you'll have to move again in five years after you've acquired another 5000 CDs. Oops, I meant to say two years.

Yes, thank you Larry, I will remember your excellent suggestions.