Some Classical Music Jokes

Started by Superhorn, May 19, 2009, 02:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken B

Quote from: EigenUser on February 24, 2014, 04:22:15 PM
Ah, "The Devil's Dictionary". I'm honestly surprised that I remembered that from 11th grade literature.

Two about Stockhausen (from his website!):

HIP, n: Historically informed performance. What to praise when a Stockhausen group plays the right notes.

The Six

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

EigenUser

But, what I'd like to know is "Why isn't there as much Brahms' music as there used to be?"
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

EigenUser

Quote from: EigenUser on February 25, 2014, 02:34:56 PM
But, what I'd like to know is "Why isn't there as much Brahms' music as there used to be?"
...no takers?

Because he's decomposing!
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

EigenUser

Has anyone seen this? My cousins showed this to me a couple of weeks ago. I think that it is pretty clever, but I'm about 5 years behind (the video was posted in 2009).

http://www.youtube.com/v/zeoT66v4EHg

NJ Joe

You say Carmina
I say Carmana
You say Burina
I say Burana
Carmina, Carmana, Burina, Burana,
Let's Carl the whole thing Orff.
"Music can inspire love, religious ecstasy, cathartic release, social bonding, and a glimpse of another dimension. A sense that there is another time, another space and another, better universe."
-David Byrne

jolt

What's the first thing a Trombonist says when he gets to work in the morning?

"Would you like fries with that?"

EigenUser

Quote from: jolt on June 23, 2015, 05:06:21 PM
What's the first thing a Trombonist says when he gets to work in the morning?

"Would you like fries with that?"
No, no, no! Everyone knows that trombonists all end up being Charlie Brown's teacher!