Does anyone have Mahler symphonies to share?

Started by Bonehelm, May 26, 2007, 08:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MishaK

This isn't my file, just reposting a link from operashare. The following is a live broadcast performance of Mahler 1 with Gustavo Dudamel conducting the Israel Philharmonic. It's a very unique and personal take on this work, but gripping and compelling every bit. I heard Dudamel conduct this earlier this year with the CSO which was just amazing. A bit more involved than the IPO performance and with orchestra and conductor more on the same wavelength. But this file gives a pretty good impression nonetheless of Dudamel's take on the work.

http://rapidshare.com/files/25380261/02_Mahler_Symphony_No_1_in_D_Israel_PO_Conc\
ert_7-12-2006__Gustavo_Dudamel_.mp3

Steve

Thanks for the contribution, O Mensch. I would agree with your characterization of the recording- namely, that it is personal, engaging, and intimate.

At times, though, the playing falls too romantic, and makes an emoter of the conductor. I really find it difficult expand my Titan preferences beyond a few tapes. Perhaps, I'm just missing something.

MishaK

Quote from: Steve on May 30, 2007, 03:12:20 AM
At times, though, the playing falls too romantic, and makes an emoter of the conductor. I really find it difficult expand my Titan preferences beyond a few tapes. Perhaps, I'm just missing something.

See, that's what was more believable when he did that piece with the CSO earlier this year. It was just more convincing, interpretively. You were more willing to follow all his twists and turns than in this IPO performance which at times sounds like the orchestra isn't quite convinced.

Michel

Does anyone know a generically good fileshare program, like the good old emule, that is good for classical music?

I would love to "try" before I buy.

mahlertitan

Quote from: Michel on May 30, 2007, 08:11:30 AM
Does anyone know a generically good fileshare program, like the good old emule, that is good for classical music?

I would love to "try" before I buy.

http://www.demonoid.com/files/?category=0&subcategory=All&quality=All&seeded=0&external=2&query=Mahler&uid=0&sort=

ever heard of "Bittorent"?

SimonGodders

Bonehelm

Quote from: SimonGodders on May 30, 2007, 09:20:50 AM
Looks good, but can't register... ???

You need an invitation code. I'll PM you one once I get back home from school.

MishaK

Bonehelm