Fat Enders

Started by Dr. Dread, June 12, 2009, 10:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlhenning

Indeed. Some clarinetists are notoriously reckless with their lips.

Dr. Dread

secondwind

So that's how you do multiphonics! ;D

Mozart

You guys should try making smoothies. I've made them 3 or 4 days in a row now and I've been eating much less other stuff. And I feel like I will burst now, I was talking to my mom and I never talk much. Full of energy right now and feels nice :)

I did eat alot of chocolate today...chocolate chips and peanuts and almonds, but after that i drank my smoothie (i mentioned the ingredients in the food thread), had some broccoli, a pear, some cantaloupe, strawberries, flax seed, and olive oil. And everything is great at the moment  :)

CACAOOOOO tomorrow I'll go to a shop to see special things they sell there. I hope they have CACAO!
"I am the musical tree, eat of my fruit and your spirit shall rejoiceth!"
- Amadeus 6:26

secondwind

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on August 18, 2009, 04:09:22 AM
Is that going to be the sequel to Heedless WatermelonReckless Lips?  Makes sense. . .  ;D

secondwind

Quote from: Mozart on August 19, 2009, 05:35:00 PM
You guys should try making smoothies. I've made them 3 or 4 days in a row now and I've been eating much less other stuff. And I feel like I will burst now, I was talking to my mom and I never talk much. Full of energy right now and feels nice :)

I did eat alot of chocolate today...chocolate chips and peanuts and almonds, but after that i drank my smoothie (i mentioned the ingredients in the food thread), had some broccoli, a pear, some cantaloupe, strawberries, flax seed, and olive oil. And everything is great at the moment  :)

CACAOOOOO tomorrow I'll go to a shop to see special things they sell there. I hope they have CACAO!
Hi Mozart,

I looked at the description in the What Are You Eating thread.   I have never made smoothies with fresh greens, oats, and nuts thrown in--I've always just used fruit, yogurt, and maybe some juice.  Do you make yours in a blender?  I'm trying to imagine spinach and kale thrown in, and having a little trouble with the concept . . . :P. . . but maybe I'll try it sometime.  Glad it's working for you! :)

Mozart

Quote from: secondwind on August 19, 2009, 06:39:23 PM
Hi Mozart,

I looked at the description in the What Are You Eating thread.   I have never made smoothies with fresh greens, oats, and nuts thrown in--I've always just used fruit, yogurt, and maybe some juice.  Do you make yours in a blender?  I'm trying to imagine spinach and kale thrown in, and having a little trouble with the concept . . . :P. . . but maybe I'll try it sometime.  Glad it's working for you! :)

The reason I blend it is because its easier to mask the flavor in a smoothie. There is very dominant part of the smoothie which you taste, and everything else sort of ehh just has a slight taste. Try a tomato first, you'll see you wont taste it at all. I used a good ammount of both spinach and kale and it tasted like an incredible mix of orange juice and grapes.

The ideal smoothie I guess is just berries fruits nuts ext...no veggies...but I am lazy  :) I don't mind, but i dont like munching on spianch. The oats? Why not...you dont taste at all.

secondwind

Hello Fat Enders,

Well, today I achieved a personal best on the morning run--ran the full 60 minutes (plus 2 or 3) for the first time.  What a difference a few degrees in temperature makes!  We had rain last night, and it was a bit cooler this morning, so I felt I was able to continue running without risking heat stroke.  I'm operating on faith that this is doing some good, or will do some good eventually.  I'll do a weight check next week.  I'm being careful with the diet, but not starving myself.  I'm trying to establish a lifestyle I can sustain, and constant hunger isn't a part of that!  How's it going with you?

Dr. Dread

Awesome news.

How's it going? It's going.  :-\

Mozart

Funny, I don't co (holy f&^% a bettle or wasp or something just flew on my window and scared me to death)

I dont count calories or even not eat, I am eating all day long :) But Im eating the raw foods mainly, lots of fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, mmm thats about it and today i took a bit...ohh ok 4 big spoonfulls of cacao + 1 in my smoothie + 3 spoons of cacao powder. Maybe it was excessive...

Eat as much as this stuff as you want and nothing else, and you'll loose weight, but more important you will feel like a superhero!

secondwind

So I can eat as much chocolate as I want. . . ? 0:)

Mozart

Quote from: secondwind on August 22, 2009, 05:02:31 PM
So I can eat as much chocolate as I want. . . ? 0:)

Well as much as you would want sure, with agave :)

But raw chocolate is powerful medicine, it will begin to detoxify you at first and you will feel as terrible as i do now....I guess its what i deserve for eating alot of the most powerful natural antioxidant in the world. But its nothing odd, mainly people when they quit the junk in favor of a nature based diet go through terrible detoxification...ive read alot about it but its worse than I ever imagined.

DavidW

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on August 18, 2009, 04:09:22 AM

Don't let your wife know that! ;)

Mozart

160!!!!!!!!

I probably was 160 last when i was 15 years old :)

Nice to reach my original goal, but I still feel some stomach pains...

But it was hard to estimate my ideal weight, I still want to lower my body fat a bit.

I am 18% fat now, to be 10% I must weigh 147 pounds. That seems like my most ideal weight before becoming stronger.

secondwind

Congratulations!   ;D

Harpo

Quote from: Mozart on August 22, 2009, 09:52:48 AM
But Im eating the raw foods mainly, lots of fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, Eat as much as this stuff as you want and nothing else, and you'll loose weight, but more important you will feel like a superhero!

Where does your protein come from??
If music be the food of love, hold the mayo.

Mozart

Quote from: Harpo on August 23, 2009, 11:44:09 AM
Where does your protein come from??

Lots of greens, spinach and kale.

Wheat germ

I guess those are the main sources.

The most protein rich food (complete protein too) in the world is called spirulina, an algae. It is 60 to 70% protein depending on where it is grown. I plan to buy the powder and take about 10 grams of it a day in the future. You can buy it on amazon for i think 15$ for 500 grams, just a nice boost to your protein intake.

I suppose I am not against cooking some beans and rice, but I've heard people eat them raw also after sprouting them for a few days.

Quinoa is the best grain in the world, and its about 18% protein, and also a complete protein.

Since I don't plan to be a body builder, I will survive with 60 to 80 grams a day, nice to be able to take the spirulina whenever I don't feel like cooking more.

Elgarian

Has anyone tried messing with negative calorie foods? Things like melon, celery, strawberries, oranges, that reputedly require more calories to digest them than they actually contain. In other words, all other things being equal (they aren't, of course), if you eat a melon, then overall your calorie intake is less than if you'd eaten nothing.

I tried eating a melon a day as a substitute for bread, and two sticks of celery in addition to my usual routine (so although I lose the bread, I don't feel as hungry as I would if I just cut down on bread because I gorge on melon. I lost about 8 pounds in a month, which was great - but then my weight just stuck, and won't reduce any further. I guess my metabolic rate has fallen to accommodate the new regime, and that's the end of any further weight loss.

So it worked for a while, but a melon a day seems not to be a magic pill.

Mozart

You people are all too old! Stop with your old way of thinking, calories aren't that important. You don't have to eat little bits or ever feel hungry, avoid the idea entirely.

When you eat foods with enzymes in them, you're body doesn't work as hard to digest, so yes any uncooked fruit or vegetable will be better for your body, for your energy levels, than anything cooked.

Bread is not evil...Bread has sustained people on earth for thousands of years. You don't need to avoid bread, just the stupid kind. Make it yourself if you can.

DavidW

Quote from: Mozart on August 23, 2009, 01:25:47 PM
calories aren't that important.

It's called conservation of energy, look it up. ::)

QuoteWhen you eat foods with enzymes in them, you're body doesn't work as hard to digest, so yes any uncooked fruit or vegetable will be better for your body, for your energy levels, than anything cooked.

You are just quoting the raw food pseudoscience, there is no staggering benefit to the enzymes you digest with raw food, and you are actually just putting an additional strain on your body by eating nothing but raw food.  We produce enough of the enzymes we need that we don't need magical superstitious mumbo jumo like raw food diets.

Would you like a mood crystal with that? :D