Vacation Advisory!

Started by SonicMan46, June 01, 2007, 06:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

Quote from: The new erato on August 05, 2014, 12:31:06 AM
Unclear sentence but KenB is the first guy she ever kissed.....

Actually, no. He said that he was going to go on vacation with the first girl he ever kissed. There is no way of inferring how many guys, if any, she kissed before he kissed her.  ;D

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Ken B

Quote from: The new erato on August 05, 2014, 12:31:06 AM
Unclear sentence but KenB is the first guy she ever kissed.....I guess (hope) that was what he meant.
Yes, exactly.
Typing melt down, but my she is the first girl I ever kissed and I am the first guy she ever kissed.

Florestan

Quote from: Ken B on August 05, 2014, 04:44:52 AM
Yes, exactly.
Typing melt down, but my she is the first girl I ever kissed and I am the first guy she ever kissed.

And you lived happily ever after, I hope.  :)
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Ken B

Quote from: Florestan on August 05, 2014, 04:57:19 AM
And you lived happily ever after, I hope.  :)
Well, I was married twice in between, with 2 narrow escapes, and she was married once ...

Florestan

Quote from: Ken B on August 05, 2014, 04:58:59 AM
Well, I was married twice in between, with 2 narrow escapes, and she was married once ...

There's no true coming home except going around the world...  :D

The new erato

Quote from: Ken B on August 05, 2014, 04:58:59 AM
Marriages and kissing don't mix.

DavidW

I have the inverse vacation advisory.  My summer break is coming to a close.  I return back to work on Thursday. Very close to two months on the dot since the end of year meetings were wrapped up.

Bogey

Quote from: DavidW on August 05, 2014, 06:11:22 AM
I have the inverse vacation advisory.  My summer break is coming to a close.  I return back to work on Thursday. Very close to two months on the dot since the end of year meetings were wrapped up.

I'm feeling ya. :D
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

SonicMan46

Quote from: DavidW on August 05, 2014, 06:11:22 AM

Hi David - did you ever get down to the Carolina shore this summer?  Can be gruesomely hot this time of the year, though - Dave :)

DavidW

Quote from: SonicMan46 on August 05, 2014, 09:05:43 AM
Hi David - did you ever get down to the Carolina shore this summer?  Can be gruesomely hot this time of the year, though - Dave :)

Nope for the reason you stated.  I went last in the spring when the weather was nice but it was off season so dogs were allowed.  It has been a hot summer and I've taken no day trips.  Last summer I was visiting state parks, but this summer nothing. 

Bogey

Quote from: DavidW on August 06, 2014, 05:22:18 AM
Nope for the reason you stated.  I went last in the spring when the weather was nice but it was off season so dogs were allowed.  It has been a hot summer and I've taken no day trips.  Last summer I was visiting state parks, but this summer nothing.

Sometimes those are the best vacations. :)
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

SonicMan46

Quote from: DavidW on August 06, 2014, 05:22:18 AM

Well, next summer you might want to explore the mountains - usually our choice in these summer months.  Dave :)

DavidW

Quote from: SonicMan46 on August 06, 2014, 07:01:00 AM
Well, next summer you might want to explore the mountains - usually our choice in these summer months.  Dave :)

That's what my neighbor said.  Will do!

DavidW

Quote from: Bogey on August 06, 2014, 05:37:28 AM
Sometimes those are the best vacations. :)

Yes I did alot of reading.  Also did alot of work on de-cluttering my apartment as well as my storage room at work.  And I bought some new furniture.

Bogey

Quote from: DavidW on August 06, 2014, 10:28:31 AM
Yes I did alot of reading.  Also did alot of work on de-cluttering my apartment as well as my storage room at work.  And I bought some new furniture.

We are working on that as well this summer. We are getting rid of tons of stuff and it barely looks as if we scratched the surface.

DavidW

Quote from: Bogey on August 06, 2014, 10:41:53 AM
We are working on that as well this summer. We are getting rid of tons of stuff and it barely looks as if we scratched the surface.

Glad I'm not the only one.  I wanted to do the whole apartment, did only one room.  But it was the worst by far!  Now I've reclaimed it and turned into a study.

Gurn Blanston

I'll be on the road for the next week and a half, beginning Weds, 8/27. A couple of days in New York City, followed by a week in rural New England. Let's hold down the excitement; I'll be back!  :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Mirror Image

Happy trails, Gurn! Be safe my friend. :)

EigenUser

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on August 26, 2014, 06:19:36 PM
I'll be on the road for the next week and a half, beginning Weds, 8/27. A couple of days in New York City, followed by a week in rural New England. Let's hold down the excitement; I'll be back!  :)

8)

Make sure to stop at the Juilliard Music Store if you get the chance! Lots of books, scores, and CDs.
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

SonicMan46

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on August 26, 2014, 06:19:36 PM

Hi Gurn - have a great time!  Susan & I are off to Montauk, LI in a week or so on our yearly visit to see her mother & brother - will likely be eating lobsters, oysters, & clams for 4 days - :)  Dave