Listen to the music of composing users

Started by Pettsson, December 14, 2008, 02:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pettsson

I think this is a good thread for all composing musicians here in the board to post their music.

I am Markus Brylka and i like to compose music with the Vienna Symphonic Library

Markus Brylka
http://www.opus100.de

(Text and additional links removed by Markus Brylka on November 15 2010 because of CD release at JPC)

Pettsson

hy again,

i recognized 100 hits on this topic within the last 7 days but no one wrote any word about the music :o

No ideas? No pro and contra or other critics?

Markus

71 dB

Quote from: Pettsson on December 22, 2008, 04:58:25 PM
hy again,

i recognized 100 hits on this topic within the last 7 days but no one wrote any word about the music :o

No ideas? No pro and contra or other critics?

Markus

Well, people don't have that much extra time to listen to music by unknown dudes. Be happy if someone gives feedback. I listened to "Theodoro san Dolore". Nice calming music but perhaps you should start with short works that people have time to check out?
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Renfield

Quote from: 71 dB on December 23, 2008, 02:12:10 AM
Well, people don't have that much extra time to listen to music by unknown dudes. Be happy if someone gives feedback. I listened to "Theodoro san Dolore". Nice calming music but perhaps you should start with short works that people have time to check out?

That was slightly disingenuous, if I may note.

Markus, thanks for the initiative. I admit I often prefer to take a while to listen to a piece of music thoroughly before commenting on it, but the small part of Theodoro san Dolore (a segment of "ix") I heard certainly had a wonderful texture to it, with especially beautiful piano writing.

I'm inclined to listen more. :)

Szykneij

Perhaps you should have participated on the board for a while before creating this thread. I think it would have been received more favorably as it seems a bit self-serving for a first post. There are already other threads where members post their own music.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Renfield

Quote from: Szykniej on December 23, 2008, 02:36:14 AM
Perhaps you should have participated on the board for a while before creating this thread. I think it would have been received more favorably as it seems a bit self-serving for a first post. There are already other threads where members post their own music.

Even so, he's posting something he wrote. I think that deserves credit.

(And I think our other composers have threads in their name, for that matter, whereas this one is pitched for anyone to contribute.)

Pettsson

Thank you all for your suggestions.

To Szykniej and 71dB: I am not a newbie here. I was a member before the old site went off and i came back this year.
I am the webmaster of www.iapg.de (International Allan Pettersson Society) but you couldn´t knew it. I hope i am welcome here again ;)

To Renfield: Thank you for your Assistance.

I made this thread because also in the past it was not easy to find other compositions of composing users so i would like all of them posting their music here for giving all others a chance to hear it. I only know of one Thread (Karl Henning) who posts his works in his own thread but he is also welcome to post it here too. In the past i wrote sometimes about his music. Are all the old threads gone?
In one thing 71 dB is right. I usually have not that extra time to search for all threads of Composers but i would like to find them and to speak with them. It can be very high producing. I am looking forward to it.

I don´t want only good opinions about my music, i am interested in all opinions. For me the worst thing is: not to speak about the heart and the soul in music of living composers. For a composer it´s bad if his music is ignored, he has something to say in a language beyond words can do it.

If someone like to hear a musical piece shorter than the first two i posted, please follow this link, it´s my newest piece about a volcanic desert on Lanzarote, Spain called "Timanfaya"  only 3min 21 sec

http://www.zann-music.com/opus100/2008-12-17_timanfaya/Timanfaya.mp3

Now i wish you all a merry christmas.

Szykneij

Merry Christmas to you, Markus. After the hustle and bustle of the holiday is over, I'll give a listen.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

71 dB

Quote from: Pettsson on December 24, 2008, 04:48:49 PMIf someone like to hear a musical piece shorter than the first two i posted, please follow this link, it´s my newest piece about a volcanic desert on Lanzarote, Spain called "Timanfaya"  only 3min 21 sec

Thanks Markus! Powerful music. It would be ever better with more complex rhythms, you know some kind of wooden sounds of strikes. Perhaps there could be a distinctive (quiet) middle part too?
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

karlhenning

Welcome back, and merry Christmas, Markus!

Quote from: Pettsson on December 24, 2008, 04:48:49 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions.

To Szykniej and 71dB: I am not a newbie here. I was a member before the old site went off and i came back this year.
I am the webmaster of www.iapg.de (International Allan Pettersson Society) but you couldn´t knew it. I hope i am welcome here again ;)

To Renfield: Thank you for your Assistance.

I made this thread because also in the past it was not easy to find other compositions of composing users so i would like all of them posting their music here for giving all others a chance to hear it. I only know of one Thread (Karl Henning) who posts his works in his own thread but he is also welcome to post it here too. In the past i wrote sometimes about his music. Are all the old threads gone?

In one thing 71 dB is right. I usually have not that extra time to search for all threads of Composers but i would like to find them and to speak with them. It can be very high producing. I am looking forward to it.

I don´t want only good opinions about my music, i am interested in all opinions. For me the worst thing is: not to speak about the heart and the soul in music of living composers. For a composer it´s bad if his music is ignored, he has something to say in a language beyond words can do it.

If someone like to hear a musical piece shorter than the first two i posted, please follow this link, it´s my newest piece about a volcanic desert on Lanzarote, Spain called "Timanfaya"  only 3min 21 sec

Now i wish you all a merry christmas.

Perhaps in the interval since you were here last, we had the Great Server Shift . . . and there were threads in bygone days which are no more.

I think you should only want good opinions of your music — that is, well-formed and musical opinions, whether or not they are in praise of the work, or whether or not the opinions quite align with your own.

At least, if someone has a poor opinion of a piece of mine (or, of an aspect of a piece of mine), I want there to be some musical value in fielding that opinion.  The "opinion" that sucketh is of no value whatsoever (whether levied at my music, or Carter's).

Pettsson

Thank you for your post, Karl.

My experience is that the most concrete critics are from other composers because they know about the ideas for each tone in the compositional prozess. But the opinion of the public offers too interesting aspects. I like more a bad opinion than no opinion.
And the best thing is if my music is heard by the others.

The "Timanfaya" is only a short impression so i know what 71dB would like to hear there but i made those music in the past and for this piece i liked to let it more clear and simple with only a few aspects of changes. The whole piece is composed in a-minor without any modulation but with several extra tones. I like this piece to be seen only as a short impression of a cooled down volcanic field like a panorama picture of that zone or like an announcement of a later coming piece (tonight i couldn´t sleep and i heard and saw a very eruptive music of an earthquake in my halfdreams) Possible that i will work it out in the next weeks or months.

Best wishes

Pettsson

For two new works of mine please go to

http://www.opus100.de/gmg.html

There you will find a heavy Piano Concerto called "Jakobsleiter" and 8 Miniatures (Atlas Miniatures) with additional information

For download of the mp3 files please click here:
http://www.zann-music.com/opus100/2009-05-17_concertino/viennacommunity/markus_brylka_jakobsleiter.mp3

and

http://www.zann-music.com/opus100/2009-05-17_concertino/viennacommunity/markus_brylka_atlas_miniatures.mp3

DavidW

That piano concerto was exceptional!  I loved listening to it!