WANTED: D'Indy Complete SQs/Joachim Qrt.

Started by snyprrr, July 01, 2009, 11:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snyprrr

I believe this is on Calliope. However, if you tell me that the music sucks...you might be doing me a favor. Either way, throw me a bone.

Tahar Mouslim

Hi,

I have this double album, recorded by the French label Calliope.

These quartets do not suck, and I certainly can do something for you: just drop me a line ;)

However, in this school of string quartet (schola cantorum post early XX century), I do recommend a real Masterpiece, the second String Quartet by French composer Emile Goué

Emile Goué has been sent to a Concentration Camp by Nazis Germans &, although he survived & was liberated, just died in 1946. He was only 42.

He wrote 3 String Quartets, but the second is, in my opinion, the real masterpiece.

The piece has been recorded in 1956 by the famous Loewenguth Quartet & it is absolutely gorgeous music & impeccable rendition, full of life & fire.

The music of Emile Goué has been advocated by his family, the " Collection du Festival International Albert Roussel" & a tiny courageous French label named Azur Musical

You can find 2 different cds:

- first one features the Complete String Quartets played by Quatuor César Franck,

- second one is a compilation of 2 historical recordings: this Second String Quartet by Loewenguth Quartet & the beautiful Sonata for violin & piano played by Alfred Loewenguth & Françoise Doreau, also recorded in 1956 at La Comédie des Champs-Elysées in Paris.

To start with, I advise getting the historical CD first, due to the excellence of the renditions.