Akira Ifukube - Japanese composer

Started by Tapkaara, July 28, 2009, 10:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapkaara

Please allow me to re-introduce myself to this forum and, in particular, this thread.

I am an Akira Ifukube enthusiast, to say the least! I am the webmaster of www.akiraifukube.org, which is the official English language website about this Japanese composer.

I am currently working on a biography of the composer which is a central feature of the site. The biography will be, by far, the most extensive, detailed and accurate bio about the composer written in a language other than Japanese. The bio is a work in progress; as it is now, it covers his life from birth in 1914 to about 1939.

Through my website and other efforts, I hope to promote the music of this composer. I encourage you all to take a look at the site and also look him up on YouTube. Many thanks!

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

Roy Bland

I don't know if it is unique recording but IMHO Kosler was a very gifted conductor

André

That's intriguing, Roy. Do you have details for this disc ? I can't find info on it.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Roy Bland

Quote from: André on December 30, 2021, 07:59:13 AM
That's intriguing, Roy. Do you have details for this disc ? I can't find info on it.
Japanese label website partly in english Zdenek Kosler worked a lot in Japan with good results in discography.
https://www.3s-cd.net/2021-12-11/

André

Thanks ! I was wondering about the coupling(s), as this is not a very long work. I like the idea of multiple performances (arrangement) on the same disc. :)

vers la flamme

The Naxos disc with the Tapkaara Symphony is so killer! Too bad there's almost nothing else out there!

Any other Ifukube discs I'm missing? Do I have to go to the obscure Japanese labels to find recordings of his music?

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

Slowly moving forward in my Ifukube digging for gold. Usually I listen to the Eglogue Symphonique for Koto. But now... Ballata Sinfonica - an awesome orchestral piece!