Pricing question

Started by lukeottevanger, April 08, 2007, 03:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lukeottevanger

Maybe someone can help me - do you think this is overpriced?

Wendell_E

Not at all.  Mozart's music is priceless.  But I'll cut you a deal.  An American amazon seller has the same disc for $29.99.  If you'll send me just half of what that UK seller's asking, I'll get the disc from the US site and send it to you.  I'll not even charge you for shipping.   ;D

lukeottevanger

#2
Hmm, let me consult my bank manager.... ;D ;D

though, notice that it isn't a UK seller, it would be mailed from the US. I was thinking about pressing One Click, obviously, but then I thought on - shipping is so expensive  ;D

(for me, the best thing about this page is the reassuring little 'Low Price' label)

George

Quote from: lukeottevanger on April 08, 2007, 03:49:15 PM
Maybe someone can help me - do you think this is overpriced?

Only if you have a brain in your head.

Let's see, I've read some of your posts...yeah it's overpriced.  ;D

knight66

The Pound is not worth what it once was and it does say on the site that it is a low price! You will only spend the money on something else....go for it; then send it to Iago with your love.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Brian

Just try paying with it through PayPal. I want to know what happens.  ;D

Haffner

Quote from: lukeottevanger on April 08, 2007, 03:49:15 PM
Maybe someone can help me - do you think this is overpriced?


Get the Grimiaux recording of the String Quintets. It includes a fantastic, inspiring rendition of the Divertimento in Eb as well (k562 I believe).

71 dB

#7
Quote from: lukeottevanger on April 08, 2007, 03:49:15 PM
Maybe someone can help me - do you think this is overpriced?

Yes, I'd pay 1/10000 of that price.  ;)

Quote from: brianrein on April 08, 2007, 05:07:47 PM
Just try paying with it through PayPal. I want to know what happens.  ;D

PayPal server will crash!
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW track "Jazzz"

marvinbrown


    £47,289.00 LOW PRICE  :o

    I wonder how many have put that item into their shopping basket?

  marvin

   

Siedler

Quote from: knight on April 08, 2007, 04:31:40 PM
The Pound is not worth what it once
I wish I could say the same when visiting London.  :-\

lukeottevanger

Quote from: Haffner on April 09, 2007, 09:08:04 AM

Get the Grimiaux recording of the String Quintets. It includes a fantastic, inspiring rendition of the Divertimento in Eb as well (k562 I believe).

Thanks, I have that one, and I'm not looking for another. I don't know anything about this version, btw, and I wasn't thinking of buying it even at a reaosnable price. I was just browsing - I was searching under 'Primrose' at the time, but I couldn't resist taking a look when I saw the price!

Haffner

Quote from: lukeottevanger on April 09, 2007, 11:34:05 AM
Thanks, I have that one, and I'm not looking for another. I don't know anything about this version, btw, and I wasn't thinking of buying it even at a reaosnable price. I was just browsing - I was searching under 'Primrose' at the time, but I couldn't resist taking a look when I saw the price!


:)


Yeah, the Grimiaux is terrific, and the only other recording I have is the G minor and D major (the latter is my favorite) by the Prazac Q and Hatto Beyerle. The latter (Prazac recording) is a live recording which is often very good. Worth checking out, definitely (and CHEAP!).

Larry Rinkel

The Griller is a superb group. Their Haydn 71+74 is a classic.

Quote from: Haffner on April 10, 2007, 03:47:34 AM
Yeah, the Grimiaux is terrific, and the only other recording I have is the G minor and D major (the latter is my favorite) by the Prazac Q and Hatto Beyerle.

I would distrust anything with the name "Hatto" in it.


lukeottevanger

The same link now gives two prices....just a factor of 1000 separating them.

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on April 10, 2007, 07:25:10 AM
I would distrust anything with the name "Hatto" in it.

The problem with the word 'Hattogate', for me, is that everytime I read it my first thought is that slanderous imputations are being made about the delightful Yorkshire spa town which was almost a second home to my father, as a boy! ;D


Lethevich

Quote from: lukeottevanger on April 11, 2007, 02:39:05 AM
The problem with the word 'Hattogate', for me, is that everytime I read it my first thought is that slanderous imputations are being made about the delightful Yorkshire spa town which was almost a second home to my father, as a boy! ;D

Indeedie - once the "Hattogate" thing had just broken, before Google could update its searchs for the phrase, the only Google references to the phrase were typos of Harrogate :D
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Bunny

Hattogate's yesterday's news, fit only to wrap up your fish and chips. ;)

I am so tempted to contact the seller to see if it's being offered in a solid platinum case!  I wonder if there could possibly any other way to enhance the value of any cd to that level? 

lukeottevanger

Quote from: Bunny on April 11, 2007, 07:20:41 AM
Hattogate's yesterday's news, fit only to wrap up your fish and chips. ;)

I am so tempted to contact the seller to see if it's being offered in a solid platinum case!  I wonder if there could possibly any other way to enhance the value of any cd to that level? 

Well, I suppose if it was Mozart's own copy that would beef up the value for more than one reason.  ;D

Maciek

Low Price or not - it is in very good condition! You're wasting your time here, Luke. Go and order it right away!

Even if you don't like it, you can always resell, can't you? ;)

Maciek