Electronic keyboard

Started by arkiv, August 03, 2009, 10:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkiv

Does anybody know some works with lines for electronic keyboard?

zamyrabyrd

I want to buy a medium priced one for a small space that can't fit a regular piano.
What do y'all have? What's the best for less?
ZB
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one."

― Charles MacKay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

Dr. Dread

I have a Triton LE (or something) just sitting around, gathering dust... :'(

Josquin des Prez

Electronic keyboard = total fail, but if you really must, you should probably poke around Jazz rather then classical music.

Josquin des Prez

Quote from: James on August 20, 2009, 06:03:01 AM
if you properly engaged the art music of your time (20th/21st) like a true music buff, ears open.... with a real sense of curiosity, wonder & adventure you'd be suprised.

Why should i be interested in the aberrations of a decaying civilization?

jochanaan

Quote from: epicous on August 03, 2009, 10:09:49 PM
Does anybody know some works with lines for electronic keyboard?
Edgard Varèse: Ecuatorial.  Originally written for two ondes martenots, it has been played with several different types of keyboards.  (There are also parts for piano and organ--almost overkill in the keyboard department with four keyboards! ;D)

Also Olivier Messiaen's Turangalila.
Quote from: zamyrabyrd on August 19, 2009, 11:18:13 AM
I want to buy a medium priced one for a small space that can't fit a regular piano.
What do y'all have? What's the best for less?
ZB
I have an Alesis QS8 with 88 weighted, touch-sensitive keys, definitely enough to keep your fingers in shape.  They also make smaller keyboards if your place doesn't have room for the 88-key model.  They've got lots of great sounds and are much less expensive than comparable Korgs or Rolands or Kurzweils.
Quote from: Josquin des Prez on August 19, 2009, 03:25:02 PM
Electronic keyboard = total fail, but if you really must, you should probably poke around Jazz rather then classical music.
You mean like Ravel, Schoenberg, Shostakovich and lots of other fine classical musicians did? ;D
Imagination + discipline = creativity

CRCulver

Quote from: Josquin des Prez on August 20, 2009, 06:17:07 AM

Geez, even for posters here with fairly conservative tastes that sentence has to sound like the lame nihilist emotional excess of a high school goth who finds solace in his lack of friends by engaging in cutting. Get some perspective, man.

bhodges

Quote from: Josquin des Prez on August 20, 2009, 06:17:07 AM

::)  Erm, maybe because there's a lot of great music running around? 

Back to the topic: just this week I heard John Adams's Son of Chamber Symphony (2007, for chamber ensemble), and it has a very prominent part for electronic keyboard.  Fun piece, too. 

--Bruce

71 dB

Quote from: CRCulver on August 20, 2009, 02:44:02 PM
Geez, even for posters here with fairly conservative tastes that sentence has to sound like the lame nihilist emotional excess of a high school goth who finds solace in his lack of friends by engaging in cutting. Get some perspective, man.

Yeah, Josquin des Prez's whining about the decadence of our civilization is really tiring. I lost interest in his posts ages ago. I wish he had a time machine so he could go 500 years back in time where he belongs.
::)
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

71 dB

Michael Torke uses synthesizer in Adjustable Wrench
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"