Fine Art Wallpaper

Started by Dr. Dread, August 20, 2009, 05:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomo

For whatever reason, I couldn't get the site to any actual wallpapers...kept getting a message that they weren't available.  

That said, I've been using the site below for quite a while.  Choose the artist you want from the menu on the left side and click on it.  Scroll down to the list of images available or click on "view image list".  You'll see small images that link to where you can buy posters, etc. and also a list of the artist's works.  Click on a work and usually it will link you to a page with options for setting the size to fill your screen.

Hope this was understandable.

http://www.artchive.com/ftp_site.htm

Anne

Starry Night  
Artist:   Van Gogh Vincent  
Museum:   Museum of Modern Art (New York)  
Style:   Post-Impressionism  
Buy this painting as poster!

In the above ad the seller is trying to sell Van Gogh's Starry Night  as a poster and sized it to work as a poster.  On that same site pictures are being sold to become wall-paper for someone's computer.

I would like to know if anyone has ever seen a picture like Starry Night sized to be used like real wall-paper in a room in a house.  Often in decorating, the wall opposite the door is used as the focal point in the room and something different is done to that wall to make it stand out, to grab the viewer's attention.  I would like to use Starry Night (enlarged to be the size of the focal point wall in the room) for that purpose.  Does anyone know if art has been used like that or would that be considered a sacrilege? Personally, I love the idea.