NFL Chat

Started by Brahmsian, December 13, 2009, 08:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drogulus

In a totally unexpected move Mahomes leads the Chiefs to victory in OT.

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 11, 2024, 04:43:09 PMI've been watching it.  What do you mean by "you have to stomp KC with extreme prejudice to beat them"?  Sorry. but often I am not understanding what you are meaning.  :(

PD

I mean if the game is close Mahomes will do what he has done so often and lead a comeback to win in the last few minutes.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

springrite

Quote from: vers la flamme on February 11, 2024, 04:22:48 AMIs Taylor Swift popular in China?

I also dislike both teams, but would prefer to see the Chiefs lose.
She is certainly well-known, though she has never held a concert here (nor do I expect her to do).
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

San Antone

Missed PAT.  Super Bowl.  It's gonna be a long six months for that kicker.

springrite

Quote from: San Antone on February 12, 2024, 02:36:39 AMMissed PAT.  Super Bowl.  It's gonna be a long six months for that kicker.
Yes, but at least it is not at the end of the game and he did make two long field goals. Can't imagine it being worse than it was for Scott Norwood.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

vers la flamme

Quote from: San Antone on February 12, 2024, 02:36:39 AMMissed PAT.  Super Bowl.  It's gonna be a long six months for that kicker.

Every once in a while something like that has to happen to show that the PAT actually means something  ;D That extra point would have won it for the Niners.

Good game! I have to admit I didn't understand the OT rules though.

Pohjolas Daughter

From what I understand (and I didn't see it in slo-mo...and remember, I don't watch a lot of football) that kick was blocked (comment by the commentators on CBS).  To be fair, was that due to something that he did wrong, or his team members not keeping away the other team while he was doing his job, or a combo?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vers la flamme on February 12, 2024, 01:02:14 PMEvery once in a while something like that has to happen to show that the PAT actually means something  ;D That extra point would have won it for the Niners.

Quote from: springrite on February 12, 2024, 03:36:17 AMYes, but at least it is not at the end of the game and he did make two long field goals. Can't imagine it being worse than it was for Scott Norwood.
55 yards I believe for one?  Just googled Scott Norwood...what a heartbreak for him.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

San Antone

Quote from: vers la flamme on February 12, 2024, 01:02:14 PMEvery once in a while something like that has to happen to show that the PAT actually means something  ;D That extra point would have won it for the Niners.

It was one of two game-changing mistakes made by the 49ers' Special team. The other one was the fumble on the punt return. The Chiefs scored a go-ahead touchdown on the next play.

ando

Congrats to The Chiefs and their fans. Despite OT it was a fairly predictable KC win (knew it would be close and that KC had the experienced edge). I liked the second half of the halftime show - sort of like a Hip Hop/R&B Barnum & Bailey act. I can it understand it not being to everyone's taste but you can't deny that whoever directed that thing has skills.  :D Til next year!