Hello to everyone

Started by Botafogo, June 08, 2007, 07:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Botafogo

Firstly I'd like to apologiz(s)e for not seeing this thread before.

My name is Lúcio Soares. I'm Brazilian, 45 years old, married, one 9-year old boy.

I live in Rio de Janeiro and used to travel abroad, but not in the last 3 years.

Perhaps some already knew me from the Gramophone Forum, where I used to post. But I don't post there anymore. I just read some topics.

My favo(u)rite composers are Beethoven, Bruckner and Schubert, but I love composers from all periods, from Monteverdi to George Crumb, from Bach to Henze and so on.

Kindest regards to everyone.

Que

bhodges

Hi Lúcio, and welcome.  I have never been to Rio de Janeiro but friends who have speak of it very happily.  Nice that you like Crumb and Henze (and the others, too), and I love your avatar. 

--Bruce

karlhenning

Welcome, Lúcio, and good listening to you!

Harry

Welcome friend of classical music. Door is open! :)

uffeviking

Henze! Any fan of Hans Werner I welcome! Not that he is the only composer I am fond of, but Henze occupies special spot in my heart. Do post often, please!

BachQ

david johnson

:) hi, friend!
as a fellow bruckner fan, i urge to hunt down the elusive bongartz/gewandhaus recording of sym #6.

dj

Botafogo

Quote from: david johnson on June 08, 2007, 01:40:11 PM
:) hi, friend!
as a fellow bruckner fan, i urge to hunt down the elusive bongartz/gewandhaus recording of sym #6.

dj

Thanks for the recommendation (and thanks to everyone for the warm reception).

I own a recording with Herr Heinz Bongartz conducting Max Reger. He seems to be an interesting conductor.

Kindest regards.

Hollywood

Greetings from Beethoven's Heiligenstadt in Vienna, Lúcio. Welcome to the forum.  8)
"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).