Author Topic: Post your dreams  (Read 104014 times)

Offline DavidW

Re: Post your dreams
« Reply #660 on: April 14, 2021, 04:45:52 AM »
I had a dream where I kept making sandwiches.  I would teach a class and then go into a kitchen and make a sandwich.  I would go for a walk... and you know... and they kept pilling up.  This huge mountain of sandwiches extending from the floor to the ceiling.

Offline Sergeant Rock

• Veteran member
« Reply #661 on: April 14, 2021, 05:02:25 AM »
I had a dream where I kept making sandwiches.  I would teach a class and then go into a kitchen and make a sandwich.  I would go for a walk... and you know... and they kept pilling up.  This huge mountain of sandwiches extending from the floor to the ceiling.

You went to bed hungry?  ;D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #662 on: April 14, 2021, 05:37:24 AM »
I just had a dream that I was assigned to interview George Szell - who was still alive - about his passionate love for watching TV. I was super intimidated to meet the great man, so I felt pressure to come up with really interesting, meaningful questions, not just "what's your favorite show?" But the time for the interview was coming and there was no paper, so I grabbed a magazine and started writing questions in the margins. The questions I remember writing are:

- What was the first TV set you ever owned?
- You had a reputation in your Cleveland years as a difficult boss and disciplinarian. Do you think your love of TV has made you more relaxed?
Hilarious!
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #663 on: April 14, 2021, 05:38:48 AM »
I was in a car with Vladamir Putin and was supposed to drive him somewhere, but he ended up driving and drove completely crazy, zooming through the city at full speed recklessly. Needless to say, I was a bit annoyed.
Sounds like a nightmare!
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Offline DavidW

« Reply #664 on: April 14, 2021, 09:25:11 AM »
You went to bed hungry?  ;D

Sarge

Funny enough no and I didn't eat them in my dream either!

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #665 on: April 15, 2021, 05:12:58 AM »
Another animal-filled dream... can't think of a single dream from years ago filled with animals (though insect dreams were very common), but over the last year there have been so many.

Struggling to remember the animals in the first half, but at the end there was a whale sticking out of the water, looking at me and wanting to be my friend, so I was totally cool with that and felt some sort of bonding with the whale.

Seems this is the general theme of the meaning of whales in a dream, multiple sources saying the same (btw did not watch any video of whales recently)
Whales are associated with compassion and solitude, and knowledge of both life and death.  They are also associated with unbridled creativity.  The exhalation through the blowhole symbolizes the freeing of one’s own creative energies.
But in general, it depends on how the whale is presented, a beached whale can be an omen.
Since the dream was very positive, then it's all a positive, I guess.
The unbridled creativity- was working on music all day yesterday, coming up with some crazy sounding jazz-like piano stuff, so... yeah....

Seems like the sandwiches are symbolic of grading papers, maybe.

Sounds like a nightmare!
Lol, yeah.
Part of it is maybe a bit of maybe some morbid curiosity about the guy- always struck me, by his mannerisms and physical appearance, as the opposite of what he is. He just looks like a really weak and timid person IMO. But also kind of crazy/fearless.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #666 on: April 15, 2021, 07:14:32 AM »
There is also a theme of the last two dreams...

a blue whale and Vladimir Putin. They both represent extreme amounts of power. And I was trying to have a sort of friendly, I don't know what to call it, but "conversation" or something (even if not in words), some sort of understanding with them.

Also considering the common dreams I have with celebrities (at least four or five dreams where I was alone with Elon Musk, just hanging out), it feels like all of this could be grouped into the same thing.

There is the concept of subtypes in the enneagram, that I'm suspecting can translate into dreams.
self-preservation = SP
sexual/one-on-one = SX
social = SO

I score very high on SP and SX, and low on SO. Most of my dreams are either alone or with exactly one person, can't even remember any dreams of being in a group.

SX is a very intense bonding that can be done through either a thing or a person, probably having that type of orientation while (mostly) lacking it in real life explains the abundance of that type of dream.

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #667 on: April 15, 2021, 07:51:57 AM »
From October:

Dreamed of owning a killer whale, petting its smooth blubber and trying to understand how those weird eyes worked.

Those animals seem to be really positive dream signs.

From 2008:
Also, the idea of being in the middle of the ocean and seeing a blue whale is probably the scariest thought ever.
Though in this dream it was out of water and friendly...