I go visit Boris!

Started by Harry, June 11, 2007, 05:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunny

Harry

Quote from: Bunny on June 13, 2007, 03:48:16 AM
I'll give the tea and sympathy, and then congratulate him on surviving the ordeal.  Afterwards you can tell him to suck it up (very manly) because odds are he won't have to repeat the torture.  I'm more interested in what we should say if he comes and says something like, "This was the greatest experience of my life!"   I will be at a loss for words.

Sorry dear Bunny, but This was the greatest experience of my life ;D ;D

O, you guys and gals, I am nearly over my hangover, because after the opera the girls took me to a pub, and I had free drink license, and well I needed that. This morning I had a difficult auditing talk with the Dutch bank, and I mentioned extra cash for the purchase of some operas I forgot to buy in my life. I informed JPC this morning through email, but they anticipated that, so no worries they said.
I must also admit that I had to laugh so heartily, about all those postings, that I still giggle all the time in re reading it.
Thanks for that you all made my day, and the hidden declamatory prose from Andrei was a surprise for me, what a Shakespearian talent.

Florestan

Quote from: Harry on June 13, 2007, 07:38:13 AM
This was the greatest experience of my life ;D ;D

I knew it! I knew it!   8)

But can you elaborate more ?  ;D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Harry

Quote from: Florestan on June 13, 2007, 07:40:34 AM
I knew it! I knew it!   8)

But can you elaborate more ?  ;D

I will, but first I have to dug through 860 emails. ;D

Florestan

the hidden declamatory prose from Andrei was a surprise for me, what a Shakespearian talent.

I don't deserve this honour. I did nothing else than changing some words in poems by Kipling, Byron and Poe. To them be the glory!
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Bunny

O, you guys and gals, I am nearly over my hangover, because after the opera the girls took me to a pub, and I had free drink license, and well I needed that. This morning I had a difficult auditing talk with the Dutch bank, and I mentioned extra cash for the purchase of some operas I forgot to buy in my life. I informed JPC this morning through email, but they anticipated that, so no worries they said.
I must also admit that I had to laugh so heartily, about all those postings, that I still giggle all the time in re reading it.
Thanks for that you all made my day, and the hidden declamatory prose from Andrei was a surprise for me, what a Shakespearian talent.

This is wonderful news!  Now after all these years you can finally start listening to sopranos. ;D

knight66

Now we have to work on Lis who has a low tolerance of certain kinds of soprano singing.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

71 dB

We need yet another thread:

Harry's opera CD/DVD purhases today
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Harry

Quote from: Bunny on June 13, 2007, 08:09:58 AM
This is wonderful news!  Now after all these years you can finally start listening to sopranos. ;D

Your pushing.................. ::)

Que

Aahhhh, Harry, I'll try very hard not to say:

I told you so! (oooops.. 8))

Still in eager anticipation for your full report btw...
Please tell us all the juicy details! ("Serail" related or otherwise... 8))

Q

stingo

So let me get this straight - a group of gals took you out to the opera, and then out for drinks? And you didn't have to pay for anything? Damn Harry, you'd have to be a pretty tough customer for it NOT to be the greatest experience of your life. :)

I just wonder what the next episode of Harry Goes to the Opera will feature... jpc operators are standing by.

Harry

Quote from: Que on June 13, 2007, 08:47:27 AM
Aahhhh, Harry, I'll try very hard not to say:

I told you so! (oooops.. 8))

Still in eager anticipation for your full report btw...
Please tell us all the juicy details! ("Serail" related or otherwise... 8))

Q

Yes you did my friend you did indeed, well the better for it, right? :)
Full report on the opera thread.
If you have any follow up questions, please do not hesitate asking me.
The girls forbade me to tell anything of their actions against me.
Though they were happy too!

Harry

Quote from: stingo on June 13, 2007, 09:13:44 AM
So let me get this straight - a group of gals took you out to the opera, and then out for drinks? And you didn't have to pay for anything? Damn Harry, you'd have to be a pretty tough customer for it NOT to be the greatest experience of your life. :)

I just wonder what the next episode of Harry Goes to the Opera will feature... jpc operators are standing by.

You are correct yes, it did only cost my energy! :)
And yes the board of JPC is very happy about my successful experience with opera. ;D

stingo

Quote from: Harry on June 13, 2007, 09:45:56 AM
You are correct yes, it did only cost my energy! :)
And yes the board of JPC is very happy about my successful experience with opera. ;D

As much as I like recordings, nothing beats the experience of being there when the magic happens.