THANK YOU PerfectWagnerite!!!

Started by Bonehelm, June 11, 2007, 04:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonehelm

PerfectWagnerite is so, very very generous.

A while back, I made a post about how I am a high-school student and don't have much money but would like to study Mahler's music. I asked if anyone had links to streaming online tracks or file downloads. Of course lots of people responded, and I was surprised how helpful the community was. But this, is an unprecedented act of kindness and generosity. PerfectWagnerite had PM'd me, asked for my address, and MAILED ME A 10 DISC KUBELIK SET.

I can't stress how thankful I am right now. I just got home from school, and boom...an entire set of Mahler symphonies from a complete stranger I met on the forums a week ago laying right on my desk. This is almost too good to be true. I'll take good care of it and enjoy as much as I can. Right now I'm thinking to myself...if the world was full of people like PerfectWagnerite...

Thank you,PerfectWagnerite.

Bonehelm

Mark

That's terrific. What a fabulous gesture. :)

Sergeant Rock

The generosity of many people on this forum is simply astonishing. It's a great place, full of great people (well, except for our resident curmudgeon, the ornery critter; but he's probably a big, old cuddly teddy bear too in real life ;D )

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Mozart

Does anyone want to send me 40 dollars so i can buy a new ac adapter that was stolen  from me, so I can enjoy my 140 gbs of music?  :D :D Well it doesnt matter because the website seems to be out of stock...out of all their items.....who knows if i will ever get my collection back...

Novi

Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen
Für den der heimlich lauschet.

PerfectWagnerite

No problem. I was going to give that set away to a co-worker but he couldn't tell Mahler from Mehul so it would have been a waste.

Let me tell you sym#7 has a remastering error on the last 4 tracks. As far as I know that work is NOT available separately. So maybe other kind people on this forum will help you out.

Bonehelm

Quote from: PerfectWagnerite on June 11, 2007, 04:30:16 PM
No problem. I was going to give that set away to a co-worker but he couldn't tell Mahler from Mehul so it would have been a waste.

Let me tell you sym#7 has a remastering error on the last 4 tracks. As far as I know that work is NOT available separately. So maybe other kind people on this forum will help you out.

Not a worry. You've already done more than what most people would.

Iago

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on June 11, 2007, 04:16:16 PM
The generosity of many people on this forum is simply astonishing. It's a great place, full of great people (well, except for our resident curmudgeon, the ornery critter; but he's probably a big, old cuddly teddy bear too in real life ;D )

Sarge
Well I'm not a big, old , cuddly teddy bear, but I'm quite a generous person, if I say so myself. When I bestow gifts on anyone I don't expect "thank yous" and gifts in return. In fact if I were "Perfect Wagnerite", I would have sent Bonehelm that gift with instructions to KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT. It's nobody elses business who he gifts and what the reasons for that gift are. If Bonehelm had PWs address (as he must have since he received mail from him), he could have sent him a thank you card, or somehow found his telephone number (if he didn't already have that as well) and made his thanks meaningfully personal. But airing it on the internet (in my view) cheapens the gift.
However, I wish to maintain my "rotten" persona on this forum. Because if I don't, it will become so sickeningly sweet and politically correct, that anybody
with a "blood sugar" problem will immediately go into a hyperglycemic attack .
"Good", is NOT good enough, when "better" is expected

Bogey

In a phrase that DavidW seemed to have coined: Coolness. 
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

PerfectWagnerite

Quote from: Iago on June 11, 2007, 04:50:03 PM
However, I wish to maintain my "rotten" persona on this forum. Because if I don't, it will become so sickeningly sweet and politically correct, that anybody
with a "blood sugar" problem will immediately go into a hyperglycemic attack .

Oh come on Shakespearean villain, even your attacks have to be less frequent nowadays that M Forever is gone ;)

Mozart

Quote from: Bogey on June 11, 2007, 04:52:15 PM
In a phrase that DavidW seemed to have coined: Coolness. 
Where is D-dub?

beclemund

A very nice gift. Congratulations!
"A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession." -- Albert Camus

Larry Rinkel

Quote from: Bonehelm on June 11, 2007, 04:40:44 PM
Not a worry. You've already did more than what most people would.

I have an extra copy of the Elgar 2nd symphony I can send you.

Anne

PerfectWagnerite,

Thanks for making this a better day for all of us. 

Bonehelm

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on June 11, 2007, 06:07:02 PM
I have an extra copy of the Elgar 2nd symphony I can send you.

Thank you Larry.  :) I feel so loved.

Solitary Wanderer

Great stuff, bravo!  :)

I've only learnt #2, 4 & 5 so far and they are all sublime, especially #2 :o

You have hundreds of hours of musical discovery and joy ahead of you :)
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Larry Rinkel

Steve

Quote from: Bonehelm on June 11, 2007, 04:10:52 PM
PerfectWagnerite is so, very very generous.

A while back, I made a post about how I am a high-school student and don't have much money but would like to study Mahler's music. I asked if anyone had links to streaming online tracks or file downloads. Of course lots of people responded, and I was surprised how helpful the community was. But this, is an unprecedented act of kindness and generosity. PerfectWagnerite had PM'd me, asked for my address, and MAILED ME A 10 DISC KUBELIK SET.

I can't stress how thankful I am right now. I just got home from school, and boom...an entire set of Mahler symphonies from a complete stranger I met on the forums a week ago laying right on my desk. This is almost too good to be true. I'll take good care of it and enjoy as much as I can. Right now I'm thinking to myself...if the world was full of people like PerfectWagnerite...

Thank you,PerfectWagnerite.

Bonehelm

Amazing.  :)

71 dB

How nice of you PerfectWagnerite to make Bonehelm happy!  ;)

I have had the honour of experiencing Mark's generosity 
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Mozart