Come out to my gig, this coming Saturday in Brooklyn, NY

Started by маразм1, November 03, 2009, 05:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

маразм1

Hi:
I'll be performing with a Russian band called "Mobius" at the concert next Saturday in Brookyn: http://www.metpo.com/Events/detail.asp?iData=1177&iCat=625&iChannel=6&nChannel=Events  .  We will be closing the Russian Rock festival, performing around midnight.  I hope you can come and check us out!  I'll be playing bass guitar. 

Thanks,
d.   

маразм1

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 03, 2009, 06:09:07 AM
Snap a string!
Well, i'm playing bass, so the strings are a lot harder to snap.  hmm.  I've yet to break a bass string :)

greg

Quote from: маразм1 on November 03, 2009, 09:00:11 AM
Well, i'm playing bass, so the strings are a lot harder to snap.  hmm.  I've yet to break a bass string :)
I've actually snapped a low E String on guitar before...
for some reason, I used to be really bad with that. It'd happen about once a month, probably from trying to bend a string too far.

Low E, though... can't remember exactly how that happened, either. You ever done that?

маразм1

Quote from: Greg on November 03, 2009, 12:26:38 PM
I've actually snapped a low E String on guitar before...
for some reason, I used to be really bad with that. It'd happen about once a month, probably from trying to bend a string too far.

Low E, though... can't remember exactly how that happened, either. You ever done that?

I usually break either A or D.  Since guitar strings are so cheap (about 6 bucks), I always change my strings right before the gig, maybe a couple of days before.  Strings on an upright cost around 300 bucks.