The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Janáček (Leoš' Lair)

<< < (76/82) > >>

MusicTurner:

--- Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on August 07, 2021, 12:47:42 PM ---Ooh!  Interesting idea!  Very clever!   :)

PD

--- End quote ---

Thanks  ;D

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Roasted Swan on August 07, 2021, 08:35:36 AM ---but you don't like the concept of arranging full stop....!

--- End quote ---

I don’t mind the idea of arrangement, but sometimes I wonder whether it was worth the trouble? This is what I’m asking myself when talking about these Janáček arrangements or the Barshai arrangements of the Shostakovich SQs that he has done. The answer I keep coming up with is “No, it wasn’t worth it.” But to each their own.

Brewski:
Just found out this production of Jenůfa — starring Asmik Grigorian and Karita Mattila — is available on demand through November 9, via the Royal Opera House.

https://operavision.eu/en/library/performances/operas/jenufa-royal-opera-house#

--Bruce

Pohjolas Daughter:

--- Quote from: Brewski on October 13, 2021, 07:18:22 PM ---Just found out this production of Jenůfa — starring Asmik Grigorian and Karita Mattila — is available on demand through November 9, via the Royal Opera House.

https://operavision.eu/en/library/performances/operas/jenufa-royal-opera-house#

--Bruce

--- End quote ---
Thanks Bruce!

PD

calyptorhynchus:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on August 07, 2021, 06:40:39 PM ---I don’t mind the idea of arrangement, but sometimes I wonder whether it was worth the trouble? This is what I’m asking myself when talking about these Janáček arrangements or the Barshai arrangements of the Shostakovich SQs that he has done. The answer I keep coming up with is “No, it wasn’t worth it.” But to each their own.

--- End quote ---

I think sometimes arrangements are worth it. For example, it would be good to hear an arrangement of Messiaean's Turangalia Symphony where the Ondes Martenot is replaced by a real instrument, a viola say. I once wrote to Messiaean estate, very politely, proposing this, but they didn't reply  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version