The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Janáček (Leoš' Lair)

<< < (78/83) > >>

Roasted Swan:

--- Quote from: calyptorhynchus on October 15, 2021, 12:14:32 PM ---It makes me want to vomit.

--- End quote ---

that I doubt

Spotted Horses:

--- Quote from: Roasted Swan on October 15, 2021, 02:05:22 PM ---that I doubt

--- End quote ---

Saying it makes me want to vomit is hyperbole. It makes me want to turn the recording off, which I invariably do.

Brewski:
For Janáček fans, Jenůfa is still available, FREE, from the Royal Opera House, in an archived livestream from October. Not sure how long this will be available, but for anyone who loves the piece, definitely check it out. Asmik Grigorian sings the title role, Karita Mattila is Kostelnička, and all conducted by Henrik Nánási.

https://stream.roh.org.uk/free-titles/videos/jenufa

--Bruce

Symphonic Addict:
What is your favorite movement from Sinfonietta? I came to think that this very work is a marvel in itself, and each movement is an independent world, memorable, strikingly rhtythmic, harmonically compelling and "refreshing" from similar composers.

Mine is the 2nd. Gorgeous is just little to describe how unique this movement is. The brass section in the 2nd half of the mov. with that noble motif/tune gets me everytime!

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Symphonic Addict on January 23, 2022, 07:55:57 PM ---What is your favorite movement from Sinfonietta?

--- End quote ---

Oh, that's simple --- all of them. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version