The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Janáček (Leoš' Lair)

<< < (83/83)

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: kyjo on June 08, 2022, 07:25:43 PM ---Here's a recent performance by yours truly and fantastic pianist Érico Freire Bezerra of Janáček's magical Pohadka (Fairy Tale) for cello and piano. Full of imaginative instrumental effects, atmospheric sonorities, and soaring melodies, it's one of the gems of the cello and piano literature. In particular, the climax of the 2nd movement, with the cello reaching into its very highest register, is a truly stunning passage: https://youtu.be/8tOZvcBgnbA

--- End quote ---

Sorry for the late reply, Kyle, but you and the pianist did an excellent job. I've loved this piece for years. It's too bad that it's not a part of the standard repertoire for cello/piano works. It deserves to be performed more often!

Brian:
I think there are a lot of unpublished pieces from before 1900, especially from his youth. Would love to hear from someone more expert on what level of "complete edition" is possible, whether any premiere recordings are possible, and how much is lost permanently.

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Brian on July 06, 2022, 03:17:01 PM ---I think there are a lot of unpublished pieces from before 1900, especially from his youth. Would love to hear from someone more expert on what level of "complete edition" is possible, whether any premiere recordings are possible, and how much is lost permanently.

--- End quote ---

Let's not forget about the Supraphon series Janáček Unknown, which had several volumes (four or five in all), so these might be worth looking into, Brian if you're interested. They're all OOP it seems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version