Post your dreams

Started by greg, June 12, 2007, 06:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Dreamed that I went to this restaurant which was having a concert for the band Rings of Saturn.

At first, people in the back were complaining the bathroom wasn't working. Then, after the performance was over, we went around the stage to the area behind it, which is where we could order the food.

Lucas Mann (lead guitarist of the band) had his own signature pizza, so I ordered some slices for my friend. The were super expensive (like $40 for a few slices), but at least they were huge pieces. When the guy served them to us, one of the pieces had cheese burnt down the middle of the slice. Lucas, being discerning about quality control, took a knife and scraped off the burnt section in the middle for us.

Then we sat down to eat. Some of the tastiest pizza I've had. The crust had a smoky sort of flavor to it. I was thinking it was so much better than some of the frozen pizza I get where the crust is mushy (actually try to avoid buying those, they're gross).

So then I had the idea of talking more with Lucas, and wanted to tell him that one of the guitars he had for sale a while ago was the coolest design I've seen on a guitar... but the dream sort of ended there...
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Wendell_E

I rarely remember my dreams, but I do recall bits of this one from last week: I was in a voting line inside a building. Don't remember many details from that part, but after I left the building, I heard the voice of a former co-worker (he was sick and quit last December, and died of brain cancer in March) over an intercom saying "Wendell, call 911, there's a fire in here!" Talking to myself, I said, "What, no-one who's actually in the building has a phone?". A lady who was also in the crowd, our accountant who only comes in once a month, turns around and says "I know, right?"

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

greg

Dreamed of being in Russia, was at some people's house for a bit and decided to walk around in the neighborhood.

Mostly I was trying to compare the different style of a Russian suburb compared to where I'm from, it was magical, just random curiosity I didn't know I had until dreaming... 0:)

greg

Dreamed of being in a house that had both Belle Delphine and Elon Musk in it.

Did very little talking to them and waking up really really sucked. They are probably the two most interesting people I can think of, could just talk to them for hours.

I think it's the first time I dreamed about Belle? But for Elon, it's at least the 5th time...

greg

Dreamed of owning a killer whale, petting its smooth blubber and trying to understand how those weird eyes worked.

Those animals seem to be really positive dream signs.

greg

Dreamed about hearing an orchestra play something by Debussy live, and then after about 20 seconds, the audience started clapping loudly, so the orchestra just completely stopped. They wanted to start over while letting the audience know that it isn't okay to clap so loudly before it's over.

Wondering if that has ever happened before.  :P

greg

Quote from: greg on October 16, 2020, 06:55:37 AM
Dreamed of being in a house that had both Belle Delphine and Elon Musk in it.

Did very little talking to them and waking up really really sucked. They are probably the two most interesting people I can think of, could just talk to them for hours.

I think it's the first time I dreamed about Belle? But for Elon, it's at least the 5th time...
I'm starting to feel like these two people are highly archetypal to me...

To start with, what they both relate to each other is that they are both doing what they want to do. So that is the glue.

The difference is their approach- Elon being an overachieving madman and Belle being a hedonistic crackpot weirdo.

Basically, they represent my life- Elon by day, Belle by night....  Working on my work work and also my album by day, playing video games and thinking weird stuff at night.

That split is something I've noticed a lot, and why the trait of conscientiousness is the most elusive to understand (unlike introversion and openness to experience), because I'm both of these people at the same time- 100% conscientiousness Elon and 0% conscientiousness Belle.

edit:
also, just another thought, but I kinda feel like Kanye West is a third archetype that is like a merger of Elon and Belle, crackpot yet successful businessman.

Idk how he mixes the two, though, it's only easy to separate them IMO.

greg

Dreamed I was living (moved to) a new apartment which was a little bit off from the where other people were, so as a result it was very quiet and there was no noise coming from outside. Also, it had a big kitchen and an extra room.

Gee, I wonder what that could mean.  ::)

steve ridgway

Quote from: greg on September 24, 2020, 06:11:00 AM
Dreamed that I went to this restaurant which was having a concert for the band Rings of Saturn.

Oh that would be fun! I've downloaded a couple of their albums from archive.org recently - death metal madness. >:D

greg

Quote from: steve ridgway on November 18, 2020, 08:13:35 AM
Oh that would be fun! I've downloaded a couple of their albums from archive.org recently - death metal madness. >:D
Indeed.
I also got their newest album, Gidim, with the signed physical copy, though the signature is just a little squiggle.  :P
And have been wanting to learn how to play some of their songs now that they've released official guitar tabs.

steve ridgway

I didn't realise they were popular, just stumbled across them at random.

greg

Had quite a long dream where I was hanging out with Digibro (now know just as "Digi"), one of the most compelling internet personalities to me in the last few years, and the inventor of the neurotyping system.

Yeah, there was a sense of melancholy throughout that dream, I don't know if it's because in real life this guy is planning to give in to his gender dysphoria and start transitioning to a girl (well, shouldn't say "guy," he uses feminine pronouns now). It just won't be quite the same as before.

If it gives anyone any idea how compelling listening to him speak could be, until recently, people would give him a small amount of money each month just to do a video rant on their selected topic.

But yeah, I've probably only known one person IRL that's as fascinating and relatable (in a way that I couldn't describe) at the same time as this guy. So would make sense to want to talk to him.

steve ridgway

I guess she'd have to be really uncomfortable to want to go through with the hormone treatments, surgery and stuff, that would frighten me. For purposes of diversity at work I used to just say I was a lesbian in a man's body. ;)

greg

Quote from: steve ridgway on November 28, 2020, 08:05:06 AM
For purposes of diversity at work I used to just say I was a lesbian in a man's body. ;)
Yep  8)

greg

Well, something that seems to always be true is that something alarming waking you up at night highly increases chances of lucid dreams...

Like last night I heard some lady screaming downstairs, so going back to sleep I had a ton of lucid dreams.

And back years ago, when I used to have a dog with health issues that would wake me up in the morning from his coughing, I would very often get lucid dreams because of it.

But the theme is not just alarming- it has to be somewhat anxiety-inducing. If it were only alarming, then I wouldn't have spent countless days (many months, maybe years) trying to do the alarm/wake up/go back to sleep trick (WBTB). Alarms don't cause anxiety, only annoyance. Turn it off and sleep peacefully... doesn't work consistently.

So I wonder how to consistently get into that anxiety-induced vigilant state of mind that causes awareness in dreams consistently... the paradoxical part is that it works best to be surprised, but you can't plan surprises.

greg

Quote from: greg on November 28, 2020, 07:47:05 AM
Had quite a long dream where I was hanging out with Digibro (now know just as "Digi"), one of the most compelling internet personalities to me in the last few years, and the inventor of the neurotyping system.

Yeah, there was a sense of melancholy throughout that dream, I don't know if it's because in real life this guy is planning to give in to his gender dysphoria and start transitioning to a girl (well, shouldn't say "guy," he uses feminine pronouns now). It just won't be quite the same as before.

If it gives anyone any idea how compelling listening to him speak could be, until recently, people would give him a small amount of money each month just to do a video rant on their selected topic.

But yeah, I've probably only known one person IRL that's as fascinating and relatable (in a way that I couldn't describe) at the same time as this guy. So would make sense to want to talk to him.
Seem to mostly dream about youtubers nowadays, since with covid pretty much not seeing anyone.
Had a second dream a week or two back about talking with Digi.

It feels like the melancholy about the dream is looking at the weird transition going on, like a midlife identity crisis this person is going through at the age of 29.

It's like this person who was a dude with a scruffy beard that lived at home with anime posters all over his room, that many could find relatable, ended up improving their life by moving out and getting a gf who was so extremely likeminded that it was actually kinda funny, so everything was going well.

But now due to their identity crises, breaking up with gf and becoming a girl. And now hanging out with a group of friends that really aren't that interesting at all.

It's just uncomfortable to watch.

The latest video of theirs having comments like these:
QuoteI'm only subbed out of morbid curiosity at this point.
QuoteI've been with this channel for so long, but I'm done. I don't know what the hell happened but this crap it terrible.
QuoteI guess Digi is dead. I know he have been for quite a while but the nostalgia and my love for his past content made me stay...

greg

Dreamed I had see some video of Arnold Schwarzenegger when he was little, like maybe 10 years old or so. And he was running around this area with several pools.

But my dream brain recognized that area of pools as the same pools I had been to during work training near Cinncinnati a few years ago at a hotel, so I wanted to share this with my friend who was also there.

Then I woke up and remembered how the pools looked, they didn't even look the same at all.  ;D

greg

Dreamed that I had to go in the pantry with my family in order to time travel back one day. Seemed it worked but then I woke up.  :D

Quote from: greg on January 19, 2021, 08:17:45 AM
Had a second dream a week or two back about talking with Digi.

It feels like the melancholy about the dream is looking at the weird transition going on, like a midlife identity crisis this person is going through at the age of 29.
I just saw Digi's Patreon stats- just one year ago, his monthly income was almost the same as mine ($4000+), but now it's only like $1200 a month.

https://graphtreon.com/creator/digibro

Not just my imagination... just painful to watch.

Brian

I just had a dream that I was assigned to interview George Szell - who was still alive - about his passionate love for watching TV. I was super intimidated to meet the great man, so I felt pressure to come up with really interesting, meaningful questions, not just "what's your favorite show?" But the time for the interview was coming and there was no paper, so I grabbed a magazine and started writing questions in the margins. The questions I remember writing are:

- What was the first TV set you ever owned?
- You had a reputation in your Cleveland years as a difficult boss and disciplinarian. Do you think your love of TV has made you more relaxed?

greg

I was in a car with Vladamir Putin and was supposed to drive him somewhere, but he ended up driving and drove completely crazy, zooming through the city at full speed recklessly. Needless to say, I was a bit annoyed.