Post your dreams

Started by greg, June 12, 2007, 06:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

a few nights ago, i dreamed that i heard this atonal piece that involved singing and some instruments (and was only a page long), it was by Beethoven (his last work) and i liked it.

last night, i dreamed that i was in a Wal-Mart in Korea and the store was really small (it was in the front) and the back half was really big (it was a restaurant)

greg

last night i had a dream...... it wasn't really a story, it seems more like a memory but it's just one of those things that make you think a long time about it. It was an extremely happy dream, it combined two EXTREMELY good things in one dream, what convenience!

and the amazing thing is, i can see how my subconscious pieced every bit of bland, horribly depressing and disgusting reality together to form a dream which i couldn't even think of myself awake..... and it was so happy  0:)

that seems to happen sometimes, having a dream where every part can be traced back easily, and nothing is far away.

BachQ

Quote from: G...R...E...G... on November 17, 2007, 12:46:13 PM
last night i had a dream...... it wasn't really a story, it seems more like a memory but it's just one of those things that make you think a long time about it. It was an extremely happy dream, it combined two EXTREMELY good things in one dream, what convenience!

and the amazing thing is, i can see how my subconscious pieced every bit of bland, horribly depressing and disgusting reality together to form a dream which i couldn't even think of myself awake..... and it was so happy  0:)

that seems to happen sometimes, having a dream where every part can be traced back easily, and nothing is far away.

Greg, we hope you won't feel too terribly disappointed if we convey to you the impression that we have no f#cking idea what you're talking about .......

greg

Quote from: D Minor on November 17, 2007, 04:15:27 PM
Greg, we hope you won't feel too terribly disappointed if we convey to you the impression that we have no f#cking idea what you're talking about .......
i really didn't want to explain it because then it'd be more of my dreams which you'd probably understand less, rather than bits of dream theory that i have thought of......

it's very very very very very very very very very very very dumb

but ok, i'll connect the dots  ;)

Quote from: G...R...E...G... on November 17, 2007, 12:46:13 PM

i dreamed that the girl of my dreams was with me, and it's was pitch black outside. We were in some building in Russia. The person behind the counter (at a hotel maybe?) was talking to us, halfway in Russian and there were two people next to us. They said they were coming from far away, and then I said, "oh yeah..... we're from halfway around the world!"  :D about then, it ended......

traveling dreams to foreign countries are some of my favorites  0:) 0:) 0:)
so obviously, the 2 good things were the girl and being in another country.

the combination i was talking about was like this:
-i kept waking up at night because i knew i had to get up a 5 am for work.... so all around i saw it was dark, so it was dark in my dream, i mean EXTREMELY dark
-the girl..... hm, ok, let's just say i thought of her more than normal that day..... which means i didn't think of much else
-Russia, and the Russian-speaking ?clerk?...... i had customers that day which were speaking either French or German..... pretty sure it was German, but it sounded so French, it confused me! But the way the guy talked just sounded so funny, i almost burst out laughing. I don't know why, German isn't too much of a funny language...... i also had a guy speaking some Indian language which is even crazier but the way he talked didn't make me want to laugh at all, lol

you know, what i've always daydreamed about is being with that girl to visit her old hometown, Boston, and then we could visit Karl and have him play clarinet for us. Now THAT would be just too cool.......  0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:)

see..... took awhile to explain. Now everyone is probably more lost.....

anyone ever have dreams that they could decipher so easy, as if it were a puzzle with all the pieces together?

greg

see, no one has any idea what i was talking about, still...... that's why i didn't bother to post all that, originally.

last night i dreamed of watching a basketball game- i guess it was the Magic! Basketball dreams are one more type of dream that i have from time to time..... i think this has to do with my emotional surprise at how good the Magic are doing- they even beat the Celtics yesterday! That's insane!!! The Celtics are the top team in the east, they were 8-0 until the Magic beat them, i'm surprised and extremely disappointed that almost no one out around Central Florida is even able to watch the games on TV. Right when they start getting good, too.....  :P

BachQ

Quote from: G...R...E...G... on November 18, 2007, 04:13:12 PM
i dreamed that the girl of my dreams was with me, and it's was pitch black outside. We were in some building in Russia. The person behind the counter (at a hotel maybe?) was talking to us,

The problem with this dream, Greg, is that, if you're in a building with your sexiest, horniest dream girl, you don't spend your time talking to a counter clerk .........

Perhaps, over time, you'll figure out what to do with her .........  ::)

greg

Quote from: D Minor on November 19, 2007, 02:05:04 PM
The problem with this dream, Greg, is that, if you're in a building with your sexiest, horniest dream girl, you don't spend your time talking to a counter clerk .........

Perhaps, over time, you'll figure out what to do with her .........  ::)
perhaps  ;)

last night i dreamed of Dubai..... talk about random! For this one, i had no clue of what happened that day that would cause me to dream of Dubai.

ok, more specifically, i remember two scenes. The first, I was in a Wal-Mart, and i was messing around with the stuff on the shelf when I saw some sort of saw, pressed a button, and it did something and asked me for money. I was kinda scared the government would track me down somehow.
the second scene, I was talking to the leader and some other guys were with him, but i think they were acting like they didn't care if he died, that they wanted control.

Freud said that usually dreams have something about what happened that day in them. This seems like a good general rule, because often this is obvious, like in the Russia dream. This one isn't that obvious............. but if I had to guess, it was the mixture of video games and evening programming that led up to this somehow.

BachQ

I frequently dream of Dubai, as well as Upper Volta and Suriname .......

greg

Quote from: D Minor on November 20, 2007, 04:45:38 AM
I frequently dream of Dubai, as well as Upper Volta and Suriname .......
seriously?

BachQ

greg

Quote from: D Minor on December 09, 2007, 05:37:52 AM
Yes.  Why, just last night .........
and may i ask the details?

(wow, that was a bit late...... i wonder why?  ;D )

BachQ

Quote from: G...R...E...G... on December 09, 2007, 05:05:45 PM
and may i ask the details?

....... Would you believe that my dream involved a flying monkey? ..........

greg

Quote from: D Minor on December 10, 2007, 04:05:26 AM
....... Would you believe that my dream involved a flying monkey? ..........
yes. A flying monkey in Dubai. Sounds interesting. Did he poop all over Dubai, too?

mikkeljs

Once I dreamed:

(One of theise dreames that feels like months of time. So it´s quite long.)

In the start I was a person called Finn Nørbygård (a danish entertainer). I was standing in a rich town, I knocked on a door and ran away. I ran through another building on the other site of the street, and kept on running until I was quite long away and started to get tired. When I sat down, a man pointed me on my shoulder. It was the man from the house, that I knocked on, and he asked: ,Any problem?!´, and I turned around and said: Yes, want to speak with you.  :D

This man was working in a bank or something, and I got into his house and had a long conversation with him. While he was doing something else, I stole 3 (girl munks -don´t know the english translation), 3 tables, 3 (those thing, you are sitting in), and other things, and I saved it in a packet.

(Then I don´t remember what happened for a long time)

Near the end, I had my packet with me somewhere in Austria near an Autostrahta. There was a mafia hidden behind some black camouflage, and I was going to give them my packet. I walked into their hide, and gave it to the boss. He said something to my, which I didn´t heard, so I just said:, What?´, and he felt that this reaction was my nerves, and they thought, I was not trustful. The two guards pointed mashinguns against me, and suddently Jakob Haugård (another danish entertainer) jumped up through the ground in front of me. He was almost naked and had milk cream all over his body, and small happi-burthsday-flags of paper was snowing down over him. And then he screamed directly into my face and song: TAKE MY HAND AND HAVE A PEICE OF CAKE...BECAUSE IT IS YOUR BURTHDAY TODAY!!!´, and then he planted his two fingers into my eyes, so I got blind...and waked up.

What the h... does that dream mean?!

BachQ

Quote from: G...R...E...G... on December 10, 2007, 08:56:29 AM
yes. A flying monkey in Dubai. Sounds interesting. Did he poop all over Dubai, too?

No poop.  For more information as to the monkey's role in the dream, and the monkey's relationship to the dream participants, please visit this thread.

greg

Quote from: mikkeljs on December 10, 2007, 11:13:34 AM
Once I dreamed:

(One of theise dreames that feels like months of time. So it´s quite long.)

In the start I was a person called Finn Nørbygård (a danish entertainer). I was standing in a rich town, I knocked on a door and ran away. I ran through another building on the other site of the street, and kept on running until I was quite long away and started to get tired. When I sat down, a man pointed me on my shoulder. It was the man from the house, that I knocked on, and he asked: ,Any problem?!´, and I turned around and said: Yes, want to speak with you.  :D

This man was working in a bank or something, and I got into his house and had a long conversation with him. While he was doing something else, I stole 3 (girl munks -don´t know the english translation), 3 tables, 3 (those thing, you are sitting in), and other things, and I saved it in a packet.

(Then I don´t remember what happened for a long time)

Near the end, I had my packet with me somewhere in Austria near an Autostrahta. There was a mafia hidden behind some black camouflage, and I was going to give them my packet. I walked into their hide, and gave it to the boss. He said something to my, which I didn´t heard, so I just said:, What?´, and he felt that this reaction was my nerves, and they thought, I was not trustful. The two guards pointed mashinguns against me, and suddently Jakob Haugård (another danish entertainer) jumped up through the ground in front of me. He was almost naked and had milk cream all over his body, and small happi-burthsday-flags of paper was snowing down over him. And then he screamed directly into my face and song: TAKE MY HAND AND HAVE A PEICE OF CAKE...BECAUSE IT IS YOUR BURTHDAY TODAY!!!´, and then he planted his two fingers into my eyes, so I got blind...and waked up.

What the h... does that dream mean?!
man, you have some really hideous dreams..... what a messed up, disgusting ending!  ;D

i still remember when you said you dreamed three nights in a row that you were being chased by the devil, i think it was around halloween last year. And then some guy almost ran you over with a car- now that would make any person paranoid!

when was this dream? Do you think it's related to something on TV? Best explanation i can think of.

Quote from: D Minor on December 10, 2007, 11:27:59 AM
No poop.  For more information as to the monkey's role in the dream, and the monkey's relationship to the dream participants, please visit this thread.
:-X
no need to go further......

BachQ

EmpNapoleon

Quote from: mikkeljs on December 10, 2007, 11:13:34 AM
and then he planted his two fingers into my eyes, so I got blind...and waked up.

Oedipus.  I'm not giving an interpretation Freud would give.  I'm merely pointing out the profundity of Sophocles.

mikkeljs

Quote from: G...R...E...G... on December 10, 2007, 11:57:07 AM
man, you have some really hideous dreams..... what a messed up, disgusting ending!  ;D

i still remember when you said you dreamed three nights in a row that you were being chased by the devil, i think it was around halloween last year. And then some guy almost ran you over with a car- now that would make any person paranoid!

when was this dream? Do you think it's related to something on TV? Best explanation i can think of.

I think it was a year ago. I also think TV was a bit involved.  ;D

In this summer I also had a funny experience! I sow a film about exorcism, which was build on a real story. It was about a loyer, who should argue why a girl died.  during an exorcism. And this loyer started to be attacked by the devil. The symptoms were, that one woke up 3 a.m. precisely at night.

The night after I sow this film, I woke up at the night and looked on the watch. It was 3:00. A bit scary, not not as terrífying as when it happened the night after again!  :o Precisely 3:00.
The 3rd night I woke up, and I was quite pleased, when I sow the clock was later. The second after I felt this, the minute number changed from 32 to 33, so it said 3:33! That was a bit nasty.  ;D

greg

Quote from: mikkeljs on December 10, 2007, 11:10:11 PM
I think it was a year ago. I also think TV was a bit involved.  ;D

In this summer I also had a funny experience! I sow a film about exorcism, which was build on a real story. It was about a loyer, who should argue why a girl died.  during an exorcism. And this loyer started to be attacked by the devil. The symptoms were, that one woke up 3 a.m. precisely at night.

The night after I sow this film, I woke up at the night and looked on the watch. It was 3:00. A bit scary, not not as terrífying as when it happened the night after again!  :o Precisely 3:00.
The 3rd night I woke up, and I was quite pleased, when I sow the clock was later. The second after I felt this, the minute number changed from 32 to 33, so it said 3:33! That was a bit nasty.  ;D
LOL!!!! i can't stop laughing at this  ;D
either the devil is trying to get you or you have a really good sense of time, subconsiously.

really, i don't think TV is helping you much  ;D

you should try turning off the light and looking into the mirror while saying "Bloody Mary" 3 times  >:D