Post your dreams

Started by greg, June 12, 2007, 06:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

I often dream about forms of transport and negotiating various difficulties with them- boats, trains, buses, planes etc. I guess this is because they're always a bit stressful and the mind seems to go over such things to reconcile them somehow. But I seem to dream most about airliners and crashes- last night for instance a huge dark aircraft moved slowly not far above, then crashed and blasted dozens of people with burning fuel. There are also often very spectacular crafts in the sky, highly colourful and fascinating.

My brother used to keep turantulas in the room below and I would dream about the damn things and being trapped in silk etc- no doubt in my mind about some kind of telepathy there, and I had to move my bed as far away as I could to keep it to a minimum, but though I sleep elsewhere now I still get the critters sometimes.

greg

Quote from: Sean on December 14, 2007, 08:45:50 AM
I often dream about forms of transport and negotiating various difficulties with them- boats, trains, buses, planes etc. I guess this is because they're always a bit stressful and the mind seems to go over such things to reconcile them somehow.
man, i'm sure there's some better way of transportation than what's out there now.... it's just that the system has been so firmly established that changing it now would be about impossible.  :P

Quote from: Sean on December 14, 2007, 08:45:50 AM
My brother used to keep turantulas in the room below and I would dream about the damn things and being trapped in silk etc- no doubt in my mind about some kind of telepathy there, and I had to move my bed as far away as I could to keep it to a minimum, but though I sleep elsewhere now I still get the critters sometimes.
arrrrrghhhhhh!!!!
i hate dreams with lots of spiders all over the place.  :(

i forgot to post about it, but the last few nights my dreams have been all over the place. Like 2 nights ago, i'm running all over the place from aliens who are literally burning the whole city down. It was like being in a video game.... but the whole time i felt undescribably happy, despite the threat of getting burned alive by aliens. I guess i'm always happy when i'm asleep, at least just to be asleep....

and then at the end, around the time i wake up i have the craziest thoughts. I dreamed that the head cashier at work (who is my age) was standing in my bathroom, guarding the bathroom while my dog used the toilet. 
........ yeah, i'm serious, too.....
another thing i do which is sorta messed up, is, right before i wake up, i sorta practice languages automatically- except i mix them up and make novel sentences combining Japanese and Spanish at the same time, like Casa de wa comeru.... i don't think anyone would get this, i'll try to explain:

Casa- Sp. house (everyone knows that)
de wa- Jp. in (instead of "en" for Sp.)
comeru- (eat) a combination of Sp. comer and Jp. taberu

stuff like that, i guess you could call it Jaspanshese  :P

маразм1

last night i fell asleep, under effect of percocet.  i had the most bizzare dream--i left the tv on and it was some obscure anime show about androids :)  so in my sleep, the dream had the dialog from the cartoon, but visuals were insanely trippy!

greg

Quote from: marazm1 on December 14, 2007, 02:33:50 PM
last night i fell asleep, under effect of percocet.  i had the most bizzare dream--i left the tv on and it was some obscure anime show about androids :)  so in my sleep, the dream had the dialog from the cartoon, but visuals were insanely trippy!
probably a ripoff of ghost in the shell  :P ;D

Sean

greg

Quote from: Sean on December 14, 2007, 09:21:55 PM
Cheers Greg.
and cheers back to you, too, Sean!  8)

last night was crazy, i had 5 dreams! i kept on waking up, partially since i was so scared to go to work today (i have a hard time sleeping some days when i realize i have to work a full day the next day). And yes, it was hell.

the first dream i remember is very stupid, so i won't even go into it. The second dream i just remember a girl that reminds me of the girl that i dreamed of literally 3 times last night! It's the same girl that i dream of maybe twice a month, the same one i was with in Russia.....  ;D

actually, one of them i can't remember clearly, but the second one i saw her while walking around the buses at my old school, and the second i saw her, i woke up. The second i saw her, it's just beyond describable... i knew i was dreaming, so i woke up right away. It's like how a blind man must feel when he's blind his whole life and then he can finally see and he sees a sunset, it was just so much above everything else i could barely understand it. The third time i was at school and she was holding hands with a long group of kids at my school and they were singing something, i just realized what this represents, lol it's very very stupid lol

but these types of dreams are THE dreams that make me consider there might be partial truth in Freud's dream theory, "Dreams are representations of repressed/suppressed desires, which may be distorted". The last few days i haven't thought of her or other girls that went to my old school at all, after all why should i bother to think about them if they only ignore me, right? The more i forgot about them (mainly her), the more likely i'm going to reminded of her in my dream, and 3 times was crazy! If only i could dream that way all the time  0:) 0:) 0:)

Sean

Sure thing Greg (我叫格雷格), I dream about girls, usually ones I messed up with. Don't worry- reality is far worse. I guess it's best we forget about most dreams though. I noticed that I dreamt for several years about things that I'd tried to do over a long period then failed at- particularly a job I had once, a driving test, and a trip to Africa.

greg

Quote from: Sean on December 16, 2007, 01:08:53 AM
(我叫格雷格)
you're not Greg, I am!  >:(

;D hahaha, ok, that was dumb....

Sure thing Greg (我叫格雷格), I dream about girls, usually ones I messed up with. Don't worry- reality is far worse. I guess it's best we forget about most dreams though. I noticed that I dreamt for several years about things that I'd tried to do over a long period then failed at- particularly a job I had once, a driving test, and a trip to Africa.
yes, reality is far worse, it's best to deny its existence and just live in your own world, that's the only way to achieve happiness.

greg

last night i dreamed of being in a huge department store with over a hundred floors, except when you went to the elevator, the floors between 20-something and 50-something were missing, same with 50-100. So i go up to floors 52 and 102 and don't remember much about it, but it was a bit mysterious, i don't think the floors were completed yet. Then i go down to 20-something and it's like the same store from the first floor, except arranged completely different. Then i go down to the 1st floor since my dad was waiting for me. THEND

BachQ

I noticed that I dreamt for several years about things that I'd tried to do over a long period then failed at- particularly a job I had once, a driving test, and a trip to Africa.

You failed your driving test?  You failed at taking a trip to Africa?

Explain.

greg

Quote from: D Minor on December 18, 2007, 06:39:50 AM
You failed your driving test?  You failed at taking a trip to Africa?

Explain.
give it a month or two, Dm, he'll be back  ;D

greg

I had a dream the night before last night about being on the computer, and looking at some picture that was almost like a blue sky or something (very abstract, very plain colors)..... but somehow, Per Norgard started writing messages on it and i "talked" to him with the messages we were writing on the pictures- and i don't mean typing, i mean drawing with the pencil tool in Paint!  :o (how bizarre...)

i had a second dream, but just now i forgot what it was...

last night, i dreamed about what it would be like to be in a tall building that falls down on its side.

Greta

Anyone else ever dream about seeing concerts or meeting musicians? :) Whenever I have these sort of dreams, especially performances, they unfortunately ALWAYS cut off right before the performance starts!

Last night I was about to see Boulez do Mahler 9th (the last mvmt, why only the last mvmt, I have no idea), in a private performance - but my dream ended just when the musicians were arriving on stage!!

It was very neat, me and a companion, and others had been specially invited to a lecture Boulez gave, which was on Mahler and various other thoughts of his on music....about 100 person audience, and it was in France for some reason...

When that was over, the organizers came out and said they had a special surprise for us, which was that we were about to get to see this surprise performance. We were stoked! Then we made our way into this darkened small theatre, and the musicians were tuning up on the stage....and that's where it ended. Argh!  ;D

And I have these dreams fairly often, they seem so real, but unfortunately the music never actually happens.

I also never dream about dead composers or musicians either, that would be kind of fun....except for one dream about some kind of Composers' Festival and Hindemith happened to be there rehearsing his Kammermusik!

karlhenning

Quote from: Greta on December 27, 2007, 07:39:43 AM
Anyone else ever dream about seeing concerts or meeting musicians?

Yes, not all that often, but from time to time.

greg

Anyone else ever dream about seeing concerts or meeting musicians? :) Whenever I have these sort of dreams, especially performances, they unfortunately ALWAYS cut off right before the performance starts!

Last night I was about to see Boulez do Mahler 9th (the last mvmt, why only the last mvmt, I have no idea), in a private performance - but my dream ended just when the musicians were arriving on stage!!

It was very neat, me and a companion, and others had been specially invited to a lecture Boulez gave, which was on Mahler and various other thoughts of his on music....about 100 person audience, and it was in France for some reason...

When that was over, the organizers came out and said they had a special surprise for us, which was that we were about to get to see this surprise performance. We were stoked! Then we made our way into this darkened small theatre, and the musicians were tuning up on the stage....and that's where it ended. Argh!  ;D

And I have these dreams fairly often, they seem so real, but unfortunately the music never actually happens.

I also never dream about dead composers or musicians either, that would be kind of fun....except for one dream about some kind of Composers' Festival and Hindemith happened to be there rehearsing his Kammermusik!
surprisingly, i don't have these types of dreams often. And it seems like dreaming of Boulez conducting the last movement of Mahler 9 is something i would dream about (after all, i often listen to it right before bedtime, like the night before last. Last night i listened to the last movement of RVW's 6th...)

hopefully someday you'll actually get to hear the music in your dream, Greta...

The Emperor

Last night i watched batman begin and dreamt about batman, go figure lol and it the movie was just ok, i wonder if i did really liked it...

BachQ

Quote from: The Emperor on December 27, 2007, 10:56:15 AM
Last night i dreampt ...about batman ...the movie was just ok, i wonder if i did really liked it...

Subconsciously, you loved the movie ........

The Emperor

Actually i think it was an internet discussion, me saying that Keaton owns Bale lolz
Anyway i don't remember what i was doing in the dream, i wasn't Batman for sure ahah

BachQ

Quote from: The Emperor on December 27, 2007, 12:31:22 PM
Actually i think it was an internet discussion, me saying that Keaton owns Bale lolz
Anyway i don't remember what i was doing in the dream, i wasn't Batman for sure ahah

Now that your subconsciousness has informed your consciousness of its true preferences, you owe it to yourself to revisit that Batman movie ........  :P

Kullervo

The only one I can remember had something to do with Berlioz.  ???