Post your dreams

Started by greg, June 12, 2007, 06:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

I dreamt that I had parked the car, reversing backwards, on a sloping cliff edge with myself and my wife in the car. A symbol of 'Cabin Fever' under present lockdown conditions I fear. My daughter (in London) told me that she had a dream of her teeth falling out (a fairly common anxiety dream I think) whilst my wife and I were going away on holiday.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

ritter

Quote from: vandermolen on April 18, 2020, 09:15:27 AM
My daughter (in London) told me that she had a dream of her teeth falling out (a fairly common anxiety dream I think) whilst my wife and I were going away on holiday.
Well, if it's of any comfort, the Spanish Science Minister has just said in a press conference that el ratoncito Pérez (our version of the tooth fairy) has a standing safe-conduct to continue performing his duties under the current lockdown.  :)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: ritter on April 18, 2020, 10:27:02 AM
Well, if it's of any comfort, the Spanish Science Minister has just said in a press conference that el ratoncito Pérez (our version of the tooth fairy) has a standing safe-conduct to continue performing his duties under the current lockdown.  :)
;D So, she's submitted her flight notification forms (for at least the next few months) for approval?   ;)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

vandermolen

Quote from: ritter on April 18, 2020, 10:27:02 AM
Excellent news.  :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

greg

Ok, last night's dream was hilarious.

It started off with me playing some game like Grand Theft Auto (which I've never played), so I used some ramp to go way high up in the air and then crashed through the top story of some tall apartment building.

Now it shifts to first-person (more like real life rather than playing a game). Inside was a studio apartment, where there was just three things- a bed, a silver Lamborghini (yes, inside the apartment somehow) and some black dude living there. I was confused how he got the car inside the building, but I got an idea that I thought would make him laugh.

I punched through the walls, and two rooms over I showed him something funny (knowing how video games copy/paste stuff). So living there was the exact same thing- a bed, a silver Lamborghini and another guy that looked exactly like him. We both started dying of laughter and the dream ended.

Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

steve ridgway

I have a lot of vivid dreams, it's interesting when the same places appear again or the dreams repeat such as those where I discover a beautiful room or garden around the house that I'd somehow forgotten all about.

Florestan

Frequently recurrent dreams: earthquakes (Richter 9 and above, judging from how bad the buildings rock); teeth falling; having to take the baccalaureate exam again; plus some erotic dreams I'll keep silent about.  :D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

greg

Teeth and exams are very common. There's earthquakes in Romania? I never lived in an earthquake area, rather I've had many dreams of tornados since they are super common in the places I've lived.

Definitely subconscious fears manifested...

Quote from: steve ridgway on June 16, 2020, 07:50:31 AM
I have a lot of vivid dreams, it's interesting when the same places appear again or the dreams repeat such as those where I discover a beautiful room or garden around the house that I'd somehow forgotten all about.
Forgetting about an entire room in your house?  ???
Either you live in a mansion or it's just dreams being goofy...

steve ridgway

Quote from: Florestan on June 16, 2020, 07:58:39 AM
having to take the baccalaureate exam again

I used to have recurring dreams about leaving university part way through and getting a job but then being caught and made to go back for the last year. They eventually changed to me going back for that last year because I liked living there and the city, but in those dreams I worried they'd find out I'd gone back and make me go to lectures and exams :-[.

steve ridgway

Quote from: greg on June 16, 2020, 08:11:03 AM
There's earthquakes in Romania? I never lived in an earthquake area, rather I've had many dreams of tornados since they are super common in the places I've lived.

We were once woken by a small earthquake on holiday in Wales. The first one to realise what was going on and evacuate the building was actually the dog ???.

Florestan

There's earthquakes in Romania?

Yes, it's actually quite an active seismic area. The biggest I've experienced was Richter 7.4 in 1977 (I was 5 at the time but I vividly remember the walls of the apartment undulating).
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

steve ridgway

Forgetting about an entire room in your house?  ???
Either you live in a mansion or it's just dreams being goofy...

I guess it's trying to remind me that there's something wonderful that I'm overlooking.

greg

Quote from: steve ridgway on June 16, 2020, 08:26:19 AM
I guess it's trying to remind me that there's something wonderful that I'm overlooking.
That's quite a nice interpretation!

Quote from: steve ridgway on June 16, 2020, 08:15:13 AM
I used to have recurring dreams about leaving university part way through and getting a job but then being caught and made to go back for the last year. They eventually changed to me going back for that last year because I liked living there and the city, but in those dreams I worried they'd find out I'd gone back and make me go to lectures and exams :-[.
Once IRL shortly after I graduated I pretended to still be in a class for a day so I could hang out with my friends. There was a sub that day and she had no idea. Could even be illegal, idk, but whatever. 😆

I've had similar dreams, like where I was at some high school campus and memorized that I had certain classes but that I hadn't been in certain ones for a really long time, and it was okay... for some reason... why though? Lol

Also I wonder if everyone has the experience of having visual and auditory hallucinations when actually falling asleep? I think the term is hypnagogic imagery? The sense may be different for people also... especially considering the people with no internal dialogue, do they experience it then, or just never?

steve ridgway

Quote from: greg on June 16, 2020, 10:15:02 AM
Once IRL shortly after I graduated I pretended to still be in a class for a day so I could hang out with my friends. There was a sub that day and she had no idea. Could even be illegal, idk, but whatever. 😆

Crikey, I'm surprised nobody thought you'd gone back to do a massacre and called the SWAT team to shoot you $:).

steve ridgway

I was just going places in my dream city last night. Parts of it are recognisably based on Manchester but tend to be larger and more dramatic with bits of other places mixed in. It definitely has a layout and routes through it I've come to know.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: greg on June 16, 2020, 10:15:02 AM
Also I wonder if everyone has the experience of having visual and auditory hallucinations when actually falling asleep?

With me it happens more often when I'm waking up. I often hear the front door bell ring when it actually hasn't. It's so real I'd swear someone was at the door but Mrs. Rock assures me no one rang (she's usually up before me).

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: steve ridgway on June 17, 2020, 05:32:47 AM
I was just going places in my dream city last night. Parts of it are recognisably based on Manchester but tend to be larger and more dramatic with bits of other places mixed in. It definitely has a layout and routes through it I've come to know.

I have a familiar city dreamscape also, one that keeps recurring. Magnificent buildings and bridges crossing a river. The dream usually takes the form of me trying to get back home (my dream home) and being blocked by impossibly large maze-like, multi-level warehouses and machine shops.

Sarge

steve ridgway

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on June 17, 2020, 06:06:12 AM
I have a familiar city dreamscape also, one that keeps recurring. Magnificent buildings and bridges crossing a river. The dream usually takes the form of me trying to get back home (my dream home) and being blocked by impossibly large maze-like, multi-level warehouses and machine shops.

Sarge

Is that the horrors of work keeping you from getting back home?

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: steve ridgway on June 17, 2020, 06:54:11 AM
Is that the horrors of work keeping you from getting back home?

I don't think so, simply because I no longer work (been retired for over twenty years).  But then again, maybe it does have something to do with past work conditions although I have specific dreams too about former jobs. I often find myself back in the army but out of uniform or sporting an unmilitary appearance (missing headgear or wearing a beard and long hair, hoping the First Sergeant won't see me  ;D )

Sarge

greg

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on June 17, 2020, 05:58:30 AM
With me it happens more often when I'm waking up. I often hear the front door bell ring when it actually hasn't. It's so real I'd swear someone was at the door but Mrs. Rock assures me no one rang (she's usually up before me).

Sarge
Could be false awakenings. Maybe just auditory sense for you, but I would have everything, literally waking up and moving around in my bedroom before I knew I was dreaming. Usually happens after 6-8 hours of sleep.