Post your dreams

Started by greg, June 12, 2007, 06:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Maybe he got shot in the head like Dimebag Darrell? 

(expect this time by the FBI)  :o  $:)

Haffner

I've had a recurring, Lucio Fulci-an nightmare about zombies. They are coming to eat me, and they always eat whomsoever is around me. But everytime they get close enough to me, I force myself to wake up. I wake up, terribly disturbed with my heart pounding. More than once, I woke up in yet another zombie dream. I am scared if they ever catch up in my dream, I'll wake up...dead.

bum-BOM-bubba-bubba-bum-"Wake up deeeeead"

greg

Quote from: AndyD. on April 25, 2008, 02:01:19 PM
I've had a recurring, Lucio Fulci-an nightmare about zombies. They are coming to eat me, and they always eat whomsoever is around me. But everytime they get close enough to me, I force myself to wake up. I wake up, terribly disturbed with my heart pounding. More than once, I woke up in yet another zombie dream. I am scared if they ever catch up in my dream, I'll wake up...dead.

bum-BOM-bubba-bubba-bum-"Wake up deeeeead"
Here's my interpretation..... you need to stop watching so many horror movies!  ;D

Haffner

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on April 25, 2008, 02:02:28 PM
Here's my interpretation..... you need to stop watching so many horror movies!  ;D

Zombies have always just scared me silly. There's something about them that really hits me on a primordial level. Maybe it's because I saw the original "Dawn of the Dead" at 15.

greg

Could be.
The only "things" (creatures) that really scare me (or at least, used to but not really much more) are cockroaches and spiders. The earliest memory of spiders I had was when my dad was talking about black widows, how poisonous they are and then we saw one.
Also, the idea of being in the middle of the ocean and seeing a blue whale is probably the scariest thought ever.

Probably when you were 3 and saw zombies in cartoons, you weren't scared.

Haffner

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on April 25, 2008, 02:09:12 PM
Could be.
The only "things" (creatures) that really scare me (or at least, used to but not really much more) are cockroaches and spiders. The earliest memory of spiders I had was when my dad was talking about black widows, how poisonous they are and then we saw one.
Also, the idea of being in the middle of the ocean and seeing a blue whale is probably the scariest thought ever.

Probably when you were 3 and saw zombies in cartoons, you weren't scared.

Hey, that thing about the blue whale occured to me as being scary when I was really young. In fact, it still seems creepy to me. Imagine a massive alien spacecraft (about 1/4 mile high and half that around) coming down from the sky whilst way out on a private fishing boat.

greg

Quote from: AndyD. on April 25, 2008, 02:13:05 PM

Hey, that thing about the blue whale occured to me as being scary when I was really young. In fact, it still seems creepy to me. Imagine a massive alien spacecraft (about 1/4 mile high and half that around) coming down from the sky whilst way out on a private fishing boat.
And then you'd have nowhere to run.
Wow. Probably what really happens to people lost at sea.....

Haffner

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on April 25, 2008, 02:17:55 PM
And then you'd have nowhere to run.
Wow. Probably what really happens to people lost at sea.....

(Twilight Zone music plays, including a Mahler whip at each upbeat) "Vehl-come to zee Bair-moodah Try-angel maing! You no go home now I theeenk!"

greg

Quote from: AndyD. on April 25, 2008, 02:45:03 PM

(Twilight Zone music plays, including a Mahler whip at each upbeat) "Vehl-come to zee Bair-moodah Try-angel maing! You no go home now I theeenk!"
Wow, that sounds like a pretty twisted nightmare  :D

c#minor

Has anyone here been able to have "lucid dreams"?

greg

Quote from: c#minor on April 28, 2008, 08:11:31 AM
I have, after a couple of months of steady lucid dream "training" (basically, just using certain techniques). But it was only a couple of times, and short, too. It's notable as an extremely hard task, after all.......
there are times when I simply realize i'm dreaming, and just wake up, normally (i guess this is common). Haven't been using the techniques much since I already have enough to think about.... :P

BachQ

Quote from: c#minor on April 28, 2008, 08:11:31 AM

My most lucid dreams are always about beehives .......... (and beehive pics) .............

greg

Quote from: Dm on April 30, 2008, 07:31:57 PM
My most lucid dreams are always about beehives .......... (and beehive pics) .............
Let me guess, it's always about seeing Poju and/or Elgar skipping into the forest, humming a theme from the Elgar 2nd, and then running straight into a beehive. Eh?......

BachQ

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on April 30, 2008, 07:41:27 PM
Let me guess, it's always about seeing Poju and/or Elgar skipping into the forest, humming a theme from the Elgar 2nd, and then running straight into a beehive. Eh?......

Actually, it's a legless figure with the head of Poju and the torso of Elgar ..........

Haffner

Quote from: Dm on April 30, 2008, 07:48:19 PM
Actually, it's a legless figure with the head of Poju and the torso of Elgar ..........

dying

MN Dave

My dreams are usually dull. Like going to the mall, or something.

Haffner

Quote from: MN Brahms on May 01, 2008, 12:39:30 PM

At least there aren't zombies there!

MN Dave

Quote from: AndyD. on May 01, 2008, 12:42:45 PM

At least there aren't zombies there!

I read and write about that stuff every day, so that's probably why my dreams are the opposite.

BachQ

Quote from: MN Brahms on May 01, 2008, 12:39:30 PM

My shopping mall dreams typically involve legless Poju/Elgar creatures .........

Haffner

Quote from: Dm on May 01, 2008, 12:59:18 PM
My shopping mall dreams typically involve legless Poju/Elgar creatures .........

NOOOooOOOOO!

dying again