Post your dreams

Started by greg, June 12, 2007, 06:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

I had a nightmare last night, but I can't recall the details. I do know what triggered it, though.

When I was coming out of Lowe's at about 9:40 last night to go to my car, a coworker asked me if a certain car with its lights on looked suspicious. Then I pointed and asked, "Which? That one?" He said not to point, and that people could be desperate to get inside to rob the place, and it had been outside for 30 min. That's pretty suspicious.

So after driving past it (i could see someone inside), I put it out of my mind for the next two hours and after falling asleep, i seemed to have remembered it again- except the whole dream had something to do with them "getting" me. I'm pretty sure they killed everyone in some house somewhere, though i don't remember the details.

springrite

Last night I had a dream that I was at Harry's music room in Holland, listening to a Gu Qin recording, followed by Lortzing's opera Die Wildschultz. I remember there was a part where Harry explained to me how German is so similar to Dutch, and showed me using the libretto as example.

It's a shame I woke up before we got into more recordings. In my dream, Harry looked like Tchaikovky in his avatar!

greg

Quote from: springrite on May 02, 2008, 07:37:29 AM
Last night I had a dream that I was at Harry's music room in Holland, listening to a Gu Qin recording, followed by Lortzing's opera Die Wildschultz. I remember there was a part where Harry explained to me how German is so similar to Dutch, and showed me using the libretto as example.

It's a shame I woke up before we got into more recordings. In my dream, Harry looked like Tchaikovky in his avatar!
;D
that's funny........ every now and again, i have dreams about GMG (or GMG members), too.

Harry

I once dreamt about Greta but I will not go into details......  8)

Harry

Quote from: springrite on May 02, 2008, 07:37:29 AM

Good heavens Paul, I look much younger, and am in fact younger as T in this picture, although I haven't the foggiest idea how old he is on this picture. ;D

greg

a couple of very interesting dreams:

night before last night-

1) with my dad. Walking down the street, except it was a street without any cars. It was a very wide road with about 20 small lanes, each 3 feet wide, and we stood at one of the lanes, waiting for the traffic light to change so we could walk to the one to the right. Et cetera until we could cross the street. Yeah, I know, strange!  ;D

2) my dad again, we were in a car driving through some parking lot and he put on some instrumental rock track that almost sounded like Carlos Santana, but also a bit like Joe Satriani, too. Can't remember the rest now, though....

last night-

1) my little brother bought a Gibson. Somehow, in the dream, the guitar appeared fascinating, even though i don't really care for Gibsons. But, on closer inspection, it only had four thick strings, like a bass. And the next was too long- i could even reach the first fret!  :o
So I asked him about it and he said it's not a bass, it's a steel guitar.

wtf!  ;D

Haffner

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on May 05, 2008, 08:09:11 AM
a couple of very interesting dreams:

night before last night-

1) with my dad. Walking down the street, except it was a street without any cars. It was a very wide road with about 20 small lanes, each 3 feet wide, and we stood at one of the lanes, waiting for the traffic light to change so we could walk to the one to the right. Et cetera until we could cross the street. Yeah, I know, strange!  ;D

2) my dad again, we were in a car driving through some parking lot and he put on some instrumental rock track that almost sounded like Carlos Santana, but also a bit like Joe Satriani, too. Can't remember the rest now, though....

last night-

1) my little brother bought a Gibson. Somehow, in the dream, the guitar appeared fascinating, even though i don't really care for Gibsons. But, on closer inspection, it only had four thick strings, like a bass. And the next was too long- i could even reach the first fret!  :o
So I asked him about it and he said it's not a bass, it's a steel guitar.

wtf!  ;D

You don't like guitars and cars, do you Greg?

greg

Quote from: AndyD. on May 05, 2008, 01:24:16 PM

You don't like guitars and cars, do you Greg?
DON'T like?
wtf, how'd you come up with that explanation?  ;D

Haffner

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on May 06, 2008, 05:59:38 AM
DON'T like?
wtf, how'd you come up with that explanation?  ;D

I don't know (laughing). I'm getting the strong impression you especially don't like guitars  ;) ;D.

greg

Quote from: AndyD. on May 06, 2008, 09:32:50 AM

I don't know (laughing). I'm getting the strong impression you especially don't like guitars  ;) ;D.
i know, they're so lame, man.....
almost as lame as computers....

(type type)

huh

greg

Last night, dreamed of being in the mall. Walked a bit, and a basketball court was inside (like a part of it). Saw two teams playing in the playoffs, when one of the players (Zydranus Ilgauskas) (however you spell his name) fell on his face and broke it, blood everywhere, even busted open his chest. He might've even died.

My interpretation is that it stems from reading about guy on the Pistons who wears the face mask (well, not reading but just seeing his picture and wondering what happened to make him have to wear the mask, then discarding the thought until it stayed in my subconscious , ready to be dreamed).

greg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%BDydr%C5%ABnas_Ilgauskas

"Žydrūnas Ilgauskas"....... hmmmmmm....... says he was out a season for injuring his right foot. And in my dream i injured him everywhere but there.

BachQ

Quote from: GGGGRRREEG on May 10, 2008, 03:15:07 PM
My interpretation is that it stems from reading about guy on the Pistons who wears the face mask (well, not reading but just seeing his picture and wondering what happened to make him have to wear the mask, then discarding the thought until it stayed in my subconscious , ready to be dreamed).

Thank you for placing your dream in context, Greg.  That is very helpful.

greg

Quote from: Dm on May 11, 2008, 04:06:36 AM
Thank you for placing your dream in context, Greg.  That is very helpful.
i try......

speaking of blood everywhere.......

last night, my dog's foot was bleeding like crazy- it stopped for awhile, but when he got on the couch and jumped over me, blood spilled onto my head. It was funny.
Then he went back into the kitchen and blood was everywhere again lol.

So my mom dreamed that the dog bled to death  ;D

greg

I had a lot of dreams last night......

1) had something to do with being in the mall and the walking until I reached Japan (still in the mall)

2) being with this blond girl who i pretended to really like, though i realized i wasn't actually crazy about her. Just a substitute for someone from real life with someone from a movie I was watching at night (with dog blood on my head).  ;D

3) walking in a field, and I come across a LARGE ostrich (the size of a building). I touch its foot and it says to me, "people normally shouldn't do that since it's dangerous." But he was nice and didn't kick me to death (although i really wouldn't mind if he did kick me to death, as long as it was quick).

greg

had a lucid dream or something........
woke up at about 5:30 to the dog whining, went back to sleep (sort of, more like a state of mind knowing i was awake but just thinking at the same time, my thoughts more clear than normal) and woke up again 8:30. Two main parts i could remember:

1) sound only..... had some big contemporary orchestral work playing in my mind. The only thing was, it was as clear as if i had on stereo. (This has happened before with other music). At first I thought it was Adams Harmonielehre, but later I realized it was most likely Lindberg's Kinetics. Or perhaps the most likely truth was that it was something i made up myself, since of course i can't remember the details....
so i threw on Kinetics just now and don't think it's from that piece. But man, that is some awesome stuff! Too bad his later stuff isn't nearly as exciting.....

2) swimming in the ocean.... since i'm not a good swimmer, decided to practice. Felt real, all I can say......

So...... I'll have to experiment with this. Starting tomorrow, alarm off at 5:30.... Don't fall asleep, but daydream instead. Focus on clear thinking, instead of the random and quick-paced abstract imagery that comes to mind when normally falling asleep at night.

Although if it doesn't work, it might be due to something else. I couldn't explain, but somehow yesterday it felt like a part of my brain just stopped working, starting sometime around the afternoon and lasting throughout the day. I think it was somewhere in the left side, the part that is more sensitive and critical, or something, but there's no way to really tell. Maybe it's the part that Freud describes as the "censor" in our dream imagery. It just makes me wonder, the way the mind can work- does 1) the subconscious literally store every image perfectly but this "censor" messes it up or 2) the subconscious doesn't store the information right, but more of an abstract way.

And it was nice to have a lucid dream without saying to yourself constantly throughout the day, "Am I dreaming?" which has possibly only once given me a lucid dream. But I think I used the same trick anyways, waking up 4 or 5 am, and going back to "sleep".

ChamberNut

I have recurring dreams of sharks.

A few nights ago, I dreamed I was on a very large boat with hundreds of floors, with one large shark slowly attacking strategically different parts of the boat.  The shark would also hold conversations with people, giving tips on what one could do or should have done to try and save themselves from it (the shark).  ???

I have always found sharks very fascinating, but I'm not sure of what their significance are in dreams.  :-\

greg

Quote from: ChamberNut on June 03, 2008, 05:33:54 AM
I have recurring dreams of sharks.

A few nights ago, I dreamed I was on a very large boat with hundreds of floors, with one large shark slowly attacking strategically different parts of the boat.  The shark would also hold conversations with people, giving tips on what one could do or should have done to try and save themselves from it (the shark).  ???

I have always found sharks very fascinating, but I'm not sure of what their significance are in dreams.  :-\
That's a cool dream!
Do you mean "fascinating" as in frightening, just "amazing" or both frightening and amazing?
A shark could be a symbol of anything, really, maybe even an abstract concept. To me it sounds like it could just something that's gnawing at the boat (and you have to figure this one out, too). So just do some thinking, maybe it's just something "eating you up" that you might not be aware of or are avoiding?

mn dave