Post your dreams

Started by greg, June 12, 2007, 06:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibanezmonster

I wonder if there is a relation between "larger in scale" and "alright after they jumped out of the window"- maybe a justification of some sort... (unless that window was many stories up)

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

ibanezmonster

13 in a row.
A lucid 2 nights ago, and last night I dreamed I was in Portland  ???  :D. It did fit a type of dream I've had from time to time: being in a place that I know little about, just because it is exciting because it's different. I've even had a dream twice about finding another continent which hadn't been discovered yet, which was fun.  8)

ibanezmonster

2 dreams at night and a lucid in the morning.
The first dream was something I'd never dreamed of before: improvising on piano. Kinda hard to explain the sound of it in words, so I won't bother. The second dream, by now, I can only remember a scene of, though I remember it was of moderate length and complexity.

Woken up by my parents, I put in the ear plugs and went back to sleep. I didn't even plan on it, but I ended up becoming lucid (but I don't remember exactly at which point I did). The first scene I could feel my mind disconnecting from my body and it was just a matter of shifting smoothly into my dream body and then stabilizing. I think I messed it up, though, so it went gray and then for about 20 seconds could see just a grey image with a small, black hole in the middle and wavy grey lines (and a ringing sound). The next dream scene started forming- it was the previous house I lived at. After walking around a bit, I wanted someone to be in the house- like in the closet or something. But my dream reacted against it and just destabilized. This is really getting annoying- whenever I try to introduce a character into the dream world that isn't there "naturally," this always happens. I want CONTROL over my dreams.  :-\

I also have a theory on lucid induction... BUT I would have to do much more testing before I even talk about it. Once I get consistent, I'll say.  8)

ibanezmonster

1 regular dream and 2 lucids. The first dream by now I don't even care to remember and the second lucid was somewhat clear, but not extremely.

The first lucid: I woke up at 5:40 to use the bathroom, went back to bed, and after the dream was over, it was 6:40. However, the dream didn't last an hour. I'd guess it lasted 5-10 minutes, but still, it's the longest one I've had yet, simply because I didn't try to force anything to happen.

I was in some room at the top of a building and walked around (it was nighttime)- looked like the insides of a bedroom of a castle. I opened a window and looked at the ground, which was many, many stories down. Since I knew it was a dream, I edged myself off of the window and floated down to the ground. A bunch of really wild scenery changes, including one where I was floating through a cave with lava below. Eventually, I just got bored of it and the dream faded.

2nd lucid... there was a crowd of random people. Some girls. Giggity.

Szykneij

Quote from: Greg on January 16, 2012, 05:53:58 AM

I was in some room at the top of a building and walked around (it was nighttime)- looked like the insides of a bedroom of a castle. I opened a window and looked at the ground, which was many, many stories down. Since I knew it was a dream, I edged myself off of the window and floated down to the ground. A bunch of really wild scenery changes, including one where I was floating through a cave with lava below. Eventually, I just got bored of it and the dream faded.

Greg, that wasn't a dream. You were playing Super Nintendo in your sleep.

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

ibanezmonster

That's exactly what it felt like, but 3D.  ;D

ibanezmonster

New dream goal: meet up with the Super League of Composers (I just made that up). It would feature a group of my favorite composers, and I would ask them to bring me new music they have written after they died (this would only work for the dead ones, which are most of them, anyways).
It would be interesting to see the results of what plays.  ;D They have that machine where it vaguely records images from dreams now- they need to be able to record sound next.  :-*

ibanezmonster

Took quite a long break... was sick, so that messed everything up for a while. Now I'm back...

Using my formula, first time happened to be: , but I'll definitely have to keep at it, since my dream recall (even after being lucid) was not so good. I think I remember using some telekinesis, but everything is like a vague memory.  ::)

ibanezmonster

Had another lucid last night, and it was clear as can be, but I don't recall much of it.

However, I feel like I just might have the formula down. I didn't have recall because I didn't fall asleep early enough (easily fixable). And the last two nights I have used the same technique- similar to the MILD technique- my version is to think of the mantra "lucid, lucid, lucid," every time my mind starts to think of stuff that keeps me awake, and then deliberately focusing on nothing, which helps get you to sleep quicker. There's a long, complex explanation to this, but I won't explain.

I know it's too early to count it as certain, but I feel it's a strong possibility...
1) dream recall
2) lucid induction

3) dream control

and I feel like I'm getting closer each day to 3...

ibanezmonster

It's always something keeping me from getting to sleep early- for example, my friend who I've barely talked to in nearly 2 years calling me at night.  ::)

But at least I remembered a dream- I was in some building, and Daniel (madaboutmahler) was there, in person! I forget what he said, but he walked out and I had to talk to some lady at the counter. Then, some guy sitting at a table nearby with a few other people started screaming. I think he had his hand on a burner and completely burned his hand, though I didn't look at it. Probably I dreamed that part because I was at Wal-Mart that night and there was a surface on a wheeled cart that I wasn't sure if it was hot or not, and I came very close to touching, but didn't.

mahler10th

Quote from: Greg on February 02, 2012, 05:08:41 AM
I was in some building, and Daniel (madaboutmahler) was there, in person! I forget what he said, but he walked out and I had to talk to some lady at the counter. Then, some guy sitting at a table nearby with a few other people started screaming. I think he had his hand on a burner and completely burned his hand, though I didn't look at it. Probably I dreamed that part because I was at Wal-Mart that night and there was a surface on a wheeled cart that I wasn't sure if it was hot or not, and I came very close to touching, but didn't.

???   :D

I visted an old girlfriends house to borrow "a brush to brush a dolls hair" - I was invited in by her daughter, and Jen (my 1990's love of my life) didn't give me a doll hair brush, she instead gave me a goldfish in a tupperware container, which had beetroot juice in it and with which I seemed to be entirely satisfied with.  We all commented happily on the dying goldfish which was trying to get out of the container and the beetroot vinegar, I showed it to her husband who sat in a sky blue suit, bald, utterly impartial to goings on.  I was seen out by Jens daughter and that was that...
::) :-\
And no, I do not take hallucenogenic drugs.

ibanezmonster

Strange  :D

Your avatar...  what does Wagner do to you?!  :-X

mahler10th

Quote from: Greg on February 02, 2012, 05:29:14 AM
Strange  :D
Your avatar...  what does Wagner do to you?!  :-X

Götternoth! Götternoth!

mc ukrneal

I often remember my dreams when I sleep in a colder room and I am not as warm as I would like under the covers. There is a fine line, where if I am too cold - I won't sleep. If I am too warm - I guess I am too comfy and cannot remember. But if it is just right, I'll have lots of dreams and remember them all.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

mahler10th

Quote from: mc ukrneal on February 02, 2012, 05:47:25 AM
I often remember my dreams when I sleep in a colder room and I am not as warm as I would like under the covers. There is a fine line, where if I am too cold - I won't sleep. If I am too warm - I guess I am too comfy and cannot remember. But if it is just right, I'll have lots of dreams and remember them all.

Yes.  It is like finding the right conditions for a 'Dream Zone'.  Dream Zone.  Mr. David Wilibanks might use that for a title for one of his books...

ibanezmonster

Weirdest experience this morning...

After waking up, I hardly remembered any dreams last night and thought that I would try to fall asleep, even though I doubted I could. I closed my eyes and tried to just let it happen.

At first, I saw in my vision some hypnagogic imagery similar to the grey static on a TV channel that isn't coming in (and a similar, loud sound). Then, an outline of an alien appeared in the field of grey static (typical alien form). I decided to push it further to see what would happen if I kept my awareness while (hopefully) being able to fall asleep and have a dream.

Then is when the strangest thing happened. Over the course of about 3 seconds, about 5 or 6 photorealistic images flashed through my mind. Although I can only remember one specifically, I think they were from when I was very young. The one that I do remember was a picture of my stepdad, when he had long hair, sitting on a couch, watching TV in a house probably so long ago I don't even remember it. He had long hair about 20+ years ago, when I was 4. I woke up, and since the images were so realistic, I had to test whether I was truly awake or if it was just a false awakening (I was awake  :( ).

ibanezmonster

Epic lucid dream adventure!  8)

I kept reality checking, and even though I was still in bed, I just knew I was dreaming because I could float a little. So I got out of bed and looked through my window and saw at the house next to mine a guy I work with looking out the window. I go across the yard and get into the window in that house, exploring for a minute. Then I see a black square in the floor, drop down into it and everything becomes black. I use this to let the scenery change.

Next scene (about three times as long as the first scene): in the back of my neighborhood when I was a kid. I went about, jumping across rooftops (yet again), going inside houses, etc. One really interesting idea I got when I went into one house was Dartboard Telekinesis!  :o There was a red dart on the floor and I just moved it with my mind and threw it at the dartboard in front of me. However, it's not easy at all. Almost impossible to get them to stick.  :D

ibanezmonster

Oh yeah, one part in the dream I forgot to mention- I saw this guy welding and decided to talk to him. I asked him what I should do to cure my irritability. He said to use "Ziacom," and proceeded to give me very specific directions and dosage (I remember the number "296mg" for something).

Just looked it up, and apparently he meant "Zicam," which is cold medication. Those dream characters are friendly once you trust them, but it's not always the best idea to take their advice in the real world...  ::)

ibanezmonster

I took an intentional break for a while, and just last night decided to get back in the game.

The plan was to wake up at night, go back to bed, then have a lucid dream, but it ended up happening before I even woke up. It was a wild dream world, because there were tubes inside a building to go into different areas of the world, which reminded me of Mario.

After waking up and being awake for maybe 40 minutes, I was tired and decided to let myself fall asleep. But I had the idea of imagining looking at the ground and trying to reality check by seeing if I could hover. After about 15 seconds of picturing that, it all of a sudden got super realistic, and I was in my dream, moving around, feeling exactly as if it were real. I actually said, "I'm back."  :D

It makes me wonder what role confidence has in creating lucid dreams. I know there are people who can just feel confident alone and have them, but it doesn't work for everyone, and I'm not sure why it only work sometimes for me. Seems like I'm just never in the mood to do anything consistently.