Post your dreams

Started by greg, June 12, 2007, 06:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken B

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on June 04, 2014, 01:01:23 PM
I dream of being an astronaut one day.
So did I! All I did in school was take up space.

North Star

Quote from: Ken B on June 04, 2014, 01:03:18 PM
So did I! All I did in school was take up space.
:laugh:

I must have dreamed of being a policeman for a brief period of time when I was 5 or so, but then, every boy has that phase.
After that, I'm not sure I've ever had any idea. . .
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

EigenUser

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on June 04, 2014, 01:01:23 PM
I dream of being an astronaut one day.

Did I do this wrong?  ???

I remember an episode of The Simpsons that showed a flashback of Marge as a 5-year-old. Clearly dressed up as an astronaut, she had a cut-out empty cardboard oatmeal box on her head and asked her older, monotonous twin sisters "Guess what I want to be when I grow up". They sneered "What? The man on the oatmeal box"?

I would have been too scared to want to be an astronaut. I wanted to be an architect when I was little (I drew pages upon pages of buildings and road-maps). I'm not too far off, considering all possibilities. 8)
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

North Star

Quote from: EigenUser on June 04, 2014, 01:19:43 PM
I remember an episode of The Simpsons that showed a flashback of Marge as a 5-year-old. Clearly dressed up as an astronaut, she had a cut-out empty cardboard oatmeal box on her head and asked her older, monotonous twin sisters "Guess what I want to be when I grow up". They sneered "What? The man on the oatmeal box"?
And remember how Abe S. encouraged the little Homer who wanted to be the President of the U.S. one day?

QuoteI would have been too scared to want to be an astronaut. I wanted to be an architect when I was little (I drew pages upon pages of buildings and road-maps). I'm not too far off, considering all possibilities. 8)
I think I considered becoming an architect, too. A friend of my parents is an architect.

My photographs on Flickr

amw

When I was little I wanted to be a spider.

It hasn't worked out so far

North Star

Quote from: amw on June 04, 2014, 01:28:44 PM
When I was little I wanted to be a spider.
My brother tried to scare my mom and told that he was going to grow horns. Mom wasn't scared.

My photographs on Flickr

ibanezmonster

A few nights ago, dreamed I was playing Final Fantasy 11 again. And guess what I've renewed my subscription to...  :(  :P
Well, either that or go months dreaming about it repeatedly until I play it again, like what happened to the first Final Fantasy game I played ~10-11 years ago.

ibanezmonster

Totally sick dream last night.

I was visiting my dad in Kentucky and playing basketball outside. It gets dark, and we go to his place. When I'm about to fall asleep for the night, I think I hear distant voices yelling or something.

The next morning, we wake up and take a drive through the neighborhood. I notice something odd, though. There are so many trash bags in everyone's yard. As we drive further, there are countless full trash bags filling yards and huge retention pond-like spaces. Then I notice one or two people walking outside of their homes and just crying. That's when I realized that the trash bags are filled with human body parts, after the largest mass murder in history had been committed.

Karl Henning

Dreamt last night that I was playing clarinet.  Not that I never have before, but it happens quite seldom.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

ibanezmonster

Gonna try to learn from this... about 20 minutes ago found myself alone in the apartment of someone at this forum who plays some games.  :P
Realized I was dreaming, so I went over to the screen of the game that was on. The map was loading, so a black screen showed up. I kept waiting and waiting and it never loaded.  :-X
Well, there's a lesson in dream control- don't sit there and wait for stuff. Oh yeah, and don't force stuff to happen, either, because you'll wake up.  ;D

ibanezmonster

The rare bad dream. It must be because I'm getting some free time so I actually don't feel terrible all of the time.

Me and some others were being robbed by very aggressive criminals, and the scene shifted at one point, but the most memorable part was where someone offered the robber some raspberries (they were in jar). The robber was enthusiastically pleased and noted that he was a raspberry fanatic (dressed up in raspberry decorations, raspberry hat and a shirt with a picture of raspberries). So we offered more and more raspberries.

ibanezmonster

Dreamed that my back yard had turned into a miniature lake. I had to swim from the back to my house, but the water was moving extremely violently and getting larger and larger waves the closer I got.

It's funny because it's obvious where this came from: 1) was mowing the grass yesterday; 2) the scene at the end of Mind Game where they try to escape from the inside of a dying whale, which was ridiculously intense.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Greg on August 29, 2014, 07:28:03 AM
. . . where they try to escape from the inside of a dying whale . . . .

Thank God the video games have no olfactory element . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

ibanezmonster

Quote from: karlhenning on August 29, 2014, 07:29:39 AM
Thank God the video games have no olfactory element . . . .
Yeah, I would say that would be the last sense added if total immersion were ever achieved.  ;D

(btw, Mind Game was the movie I mentioned in the Movie thread (which you commented on))

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Last night, the strongest dream I've had in some time (with age one dreams less, I've found in any case).  I say strong, because I felt in the dream that something monumental was to occur.  My wife and I were in our car, she was driving, and as we rounded a bend in the road we came upon railroad tracks and then a long freight train moving swiftly, too swiftly.  Up front, a massive steam locomotive, maybe a 2-10-2 but moving way faster than those monsters were wont to.  I was happy for a moment but then a derailment occurred, a jackknife, and everything behind that one car went topsy-turvy.  Boxcars flew everywhere and splintered like matchboxes.  Massive gondolas carrying elephantine creatures derailed sending some creatures flying, others I saw were already grazing in the nearby meadow, while still others landed on their heads and they were crushed by the weight of their own bodies.  My wife and I rode on in silence.   

North Star

Quote from: ZauberdrachenNr.7 on October 20, 2014, 04:08:54 PMwith age one dreams less, I've found in any case
True, as the portion of REM (Rapid eye movement) stage of sleep decreases with age.

My photographs on Flickr

ibanezmonster

Quote from: North Star on October 20, 2014, 04:16:53 PM
True, as the portion of REM (Rapid eye movement) stage of sleep decreases with age.
Really? Not good...

Karl Henning

A couple of days ago, I dreamt I was having a conversation with Steve Martin.  He was not funny, and I did not make any attempt to "be witty," we just talked, about nothing of any particular importance.  In my dream, I recall it taking me a long pause to remember the name "Robin Williams."
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

ZauberdrachenNr.7

Quote from: Greg on October 20, 2014, 06:32:51 PM
Really? Not good...

No, it's not.  But as Woody Allen sez :  "There's nothing good about old age."  In olden times, oldsters were respected if not prized for their knowledge and experience. No longer. Of course, my generation played a role in whittling away appreciation for the old so I've no one to blame but myself!   ;D

Jo498

So you already put the date of your demise on a virtual tombstone? I cannot read the exact number, but that seems rather morbid (and it is not 2045)...
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal